• Join Us!
  • shrimp
  • shrimp
  • shrimp
  • shrimp
  • shrimp
  • shrimp
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: shrimp

badboy030383
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default shrimp

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • shrimp
      • shrimp

• shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      im currently on a cutting diet and was wondering if shrimp was a good source of protein ... i currently eat items such as peanut butter and jelly on wheat ... chicken ... egg whites ...

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: shrimp

Originally posted by badboy030383
      im currently on a cutting diet and was wondering if shrimp was a good source of protein ... i currently eat items such as peanut butter and jelly on wheat ... chicken ... egg whites ...
      I would suggest dropping the PBJ. There are just too many calories for the quantity of food you will be eating. Plus PB and jelly are processed foods. This is not to suggest that unsaturated fats are bad, just that there are better sources of it.

The nutritious value of shrimp depends largely on how it is prepared. Too much shrimp can raise LDL levels. I would not recommend a lot of shrimp while on gear, as you are already predisposed to higher levels of LDL.
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

IntensityX is offline Member
      Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 286
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Re: shrimp

Originally posted by Slightly Enhanced

The nutritious value of shrimp depends largely on how it is prepared. Too much shrimp can raise LDL levels. I would not recommend a lot of shrimp while on gear, as you are already predisposed to higher levels of LDL.
      Excuse me but where do you base this info from,Shrimp is high in protein,vitamins and has been known to help lower LDL not raise it.

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
      IntensityX
      Eat,Learn,Train,Grow,Shit,Shave and Shower

RIP Gearedup

Administartor/Owner@IntensityXtremeMuscle
      Mod@AnabolicMonsterz

Mod@ livin
      Mod@MassiveGains
      Vet@Beyondmass
      Vet@Massmonsterz
      Vet@Anabolic-Support
      Vet@BodybuildingCentral
      Vet@ChemicalFitness
      MOB Member@SculptedByIron

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Re: Re: shrimp

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • shrimp
      • shrimp

• shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      • shrimp
      Originally posted by IntensityX
      Excuse me but where do you base this info from,Shrimp is high in protein,vitamins and has been known to help lower LDL not raise it.

Eat,Learn,Train,Grow
      IntensityX
      Nothing like a good challenge to the ole thought process. I stand corrected. I always bash people for regurgitating old facts and that is what I did here. I am ashamed of myself.

Lets correct the record with this:

Cholesterol and Shrimp -- "Setting the Record Straight"

Turns out shrimp have had a bum rap. A recent study conducted by Harvard School of Public Health and Rockefeller University in New York cleared these succulent little delicacies of crimes against hearts, arteries and veins. Researchers found that a low-fat diet that included lots of steamed shrimp did not raise blood cholesterol levels in the least. To paraphrase the results reported in the November 1996 American Journal of Clinical Nutrition: Shrimp may even lower blood cholesterol.

First, a little background on cholesterol. Cholesterol travels through the bloodstream in lipoproteins, plump little fat and protein packages. Scientists have determined that a positive ratio between two types of cholesterol -- low density lipoprotein (LDL) and high density lipoprotein (HDL) -- keeps blood cholesterol levels in check and reduces susceptibility to heart disease.

LDL is commonly called "bad cholesterol" because it may intensify the production of artery-blocking plaques that can lead to a heart attack. We call HDL "good cholesterol" because it carries cholesterol back to the liver for reprocessing or excretion, effectively clearing the bloodstream of cholesterol. People with high blood cholesterol have too much LDL and not enough HDL to counter balance it.

In the new study, 18 healthy adults with fairly low blood cholesterol levels received different low-fat diets for three weeks. Although eating 10 ounces of steamed shrimp a day boosted their LDL and HDL cholesterol, most of the increase was in HDL. As a result, participants' overall blood cholesterol levels were unaffected!

Here's why. It is not cholesterol in our food that increases blood cholesterol. It is saturated fat. Cholesterol from food impacts our systems only if we can absorb it, and saturated fat seems to assist absorption. We know that eating food with a highly saturated fat content raises our LDL cholesterol. Most high cholesterol foods -- meat, eggs, and dairy products -- are high in saturated fat too. So, they increase LDL.

Shrimp make a dramatic contrast. While they do have a high level of cholesterol, shrimp have essentially no saturated fat -- just over one gram per serving (as compared with beef that has up to 10 grams). Shrimp cholesterol is much less easily absorbed than cholesterol from other high fat foods. Scientists are not sure why. However, knowing that cholesterol (being essentially a fat) is not water-soluble, they hypothesize that shrimp's low saturated fat and high water content may impede the absorption of shrimp's cholesterol.

As a bonus, shrimp contain relatively high amounts of highly beneficial Omega 3 fatty acids (fish oil), as does most seafood. Omega 3 fatty acids raise HDL cholesterol levels. For this reason, eating shrimp may actually lower blood cholesterol levels.

https://www.contessa.com/health.htm

To find out what vitamins are in shrimp: https://www.shellfish.org.uk/shellfish_diet.htm
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.