• Join Us!
  • SHARE SOME OF THE BEST MEMORIES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS WHILE YOU WERE LITTLE
  • SHARE SOME OF THE BEST MEMORIES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS WHILE YOU WERE LITTLE
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SHARE SOME OF THE BEST MEMORIES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS WHILE YOU WERE LITTLE

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default SHARE SOME OF THE BEST MEMORIES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS WHILE YOU WERE LITTLE

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

ME AND MY GRAND DADDY USED TO STAY UP LATE ON FRIDAY NIGHT AND MAKE COKE FLOATS WITH ICE CREAM WATCHING TV...

AND GO OUT IN HIS "SHOP" AND BUILD THINGS. LIKE SLING SHOTS THAT MY MOM USED TO TAKE AWAY FROM ME AS SOON AS I GOT HOME

AND ON SUNDAYS HE USED TO WAIT FOR ME TO GET OUT OF CHURCH AND HE WOULD SHAKE MY HAND AND THERE WOULD BE A FOLDED UP DOLLAR BILL IN IT.

WE USED TO ALWAYS DRIVE OUT TO MY GREAT GRAND MOTHERS HOUSE IN THE COUNTRY AND LOOK FOR HAWKS UP IN THE TREES.

HE ALWAYS PUT HIS FAMILY FIRST IN EVERYTHING HE DID.

THERE WASNT ANYONE AS GOOD A MAN AS MY GRAND DAD! I LEARNED A LOT FROM HIM.

O2
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: SHARE SOME OF THE BEST MEMORIES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS WHILE YOU WERE LI

we (me and my cousin) used to spend a week or 2 at my granparents place at the lake during the summer. he'd stay the whole sumer and i'd go back and forth between there and home. i remember sitting around campfires, making shmores and listening to him telling stories about when he was young. stuff like when he went buffalo hunting with wild bill and when him and "hank" ford put together this motorized wagon to fetch wood easier...lol...he was great! totally full of shyt (car salesman) but everybody loved him and his stories. he shoulda wrote fitional books!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

McKenzie is offline Elite FG Resident
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: SHARE SOME OF THE BEST MEMORIES YOU HAVE WITH YOUR GRANDPARENTS WHILE YOU WERE LI

I dont have very many memories....both of my grandfathers died when I was a toddler. My grandmothers lived in diff states than I did...so they rarely visited/vice versa.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

sorry to hear that mck...some of my best memories of are with my mom's parents...

my grandpa also used to make manhatans for him and my grandma everyday at 4:30pm sharp!!! it was funny cause he'd open the wiskey, take a gulp, pour it in the shaker, take a gulp, go through all the other shyt in making it, then pour some for him, some for grandma, take another pull off the ole bottle and put it away!!! lmao...he'd be smashed before the first drink! he was a huge tiger fan. we'd listen to every game on the radio....he was a very cool dude.
      now i miss him.....thanks o2, lol
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

You guys had some cool grandparents.

My granddad was an independent truck driver and for a short time when I was about 9 he had one of those big rigs with the bed in the back and I thought that was the coolest $hit and he took us for a ride in it.

Merc is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

My grandfather is the rock of the family. To pick just one memory is something I cannot do. He was pretty much the man in my life that was a positive person all the way through and even to this day. If I ever got off track he would make sure that I found my way again. He encouraged me to finish school and has always been there for me. There are so many memories of going sailing in the san juans, learning how to shot, building houses, learning to drive. I think the thing I always remember are his stories of when he grew up, must of heard them a million times but I always ask to hear them again. Then there is my grandmother, well to put it simply behind every good man is a good women. She is the ideal grandmother she is always asking if I want something to eat and will jump for the opportunity to cook something. She is always there with a hug and a smile that seems to make you feel like youre a kid again. Best memory of her would have to be she was the one that always took me to my doc appointment when I was a kid. She would make it a whole day event with breakfest then the doc appointment then lunch and usually shopping for a new toy. Her chuckle is something that once you hear you will never forget, she always tries to help no matter if you want it or not.

I never met my grandfather on my father side but my grandmother I will always remember right before she died. She couldnt remember a thing and usually thought it was 1940 and the war was going on. But a few days before she past I went to visit and just for a moment she remembered me and in her little accent she said that she loved me and how much she missed me and then she was gone again but just that 5 minutes that she was there was probably the best memory just becuase she knew I was there for her thinking of her missing her too.
      Last edited by Merc; 09-13-2007 at 10:45 PM.

dixiechick
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Funny you start this thread. My grandfather passed away last week.

I've been so blessed. I grew up with both sets of grandparents and I have lost of wonderful memories. We lived next door to my dad's parents, so after school we would get off the bus at their house and stay there until one of my parents came home. You can image all the things we did with them... walking in woods, sit telling us ghost stories, picking vegetables from the garden, riding with him on the tractor.

My other g'father who just passed away had a house boat on the lake. We spent many weekend during the summer with them camping out, fishing, swimming in the lake. I have only my g'mom left now. She's not doing real good and live out of town. I don't get to see her very much.

Tons of great memories of a very nice childhood.

Thanks O2 for reminding me of all those good times.

McKenzie is offline Elite FG Resident
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Sorry to hear Dixie

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Cool stories!
      I absolutely idolized my Papa. I learned alot from him, just kinda followin him around and listenin to his stories about growin up and what not. He was a diabetic and when his sugar was high I'd go on walks with him and when my Nana would go to bingo, I'd just sit and chill with him and watch tv, talk, etc... After he died, I'd go with my nana to bingo. I used to eat breakfast and lunch with her pretty much every day. I could go on and on about them but really and truely the little things like just hangin with them and talkin were some of the times growin up.