• Join Us!
  • What to do...what to do???
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What to do...what to do???

Iron_Gook is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default What to do...what to do???

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I spoke with my wife this morning. She’s finishing up her last year of PA school and she’s currently doing her psychiatric rotation. She was assigned a project that deals with steroid induce dementia. Anyway, we somehow got onto the subject of Clomid and it’s use by male bodybuilders as a part of the SERMs in order to recover from gear use. She was totally shocked that men would use a drug that was meant to induce ovulation in women. After explaining everything to her, she was still perplexed and stated that this particular application of Clomid by men was never discussed in her many classes – this wasn’t a surprise to me. So as we continued to discuss our conversation, I mentioned that I wouldn’t mind running a cycle of something very mild. Maybe a Deca-Durabolin and Primobolan for 8-10 weeks. She didn’t have a clue as to what these substances were. So I told her to look it up in her PDR. She about shit herself and couldn’t believe that I would consider such a move. Especially since I have a preexisting liver condition. She has no clue that I’ve done a couple cycles in the past and it has been easy to keep it a secret since we are currently separated – living in different states. If she found out about my past usage it would be hell. So my question is this. How do I get her to understand my point of view and endorse my gear use? She’s a very intelligent woman and I want her involved in my lifestyle. Couldn’t hurt to have a medical professional on your side to evaluate and monitor my cycle with blood tests, etc…I wish she could talk to some of the ladies on the board and learn about some real life uses of gear and that it’s not all negative – if used intelligently. Any suggestions?

IG

Timma is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 261
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: What to do...what to do???

I responded to this over at CF. It's very hard to get these students to see the other side of the steriod issue. My fiance who is in med school always talks about the side the teachers want to tell them. They don't seem to want to talk about the ok side that we know about.

HungarianBeast is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 383
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: What to do...what to do???

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Just keep having these discussions with her. The medical community know virtually nothing about what we do. There is very little research done in this area. The research that has been done was looking for bad symptoms associated with AAS use for bodybuilding purposes, and most of that research came up with nothing.

WE are living proof of the consequences of AAS use for BBing. Take the info here (print it out for her, do not direct her to the website) and give it to her to read. Only intelligence and logic can tell a schooled medical person that properly administered AAS programs along with proper SERMs applications is medically benificial (don't forget the training and diet as well). The increased metabolism due to increased muscle mass is a good thing. Bone density increases. Conective tissues get stronger. The unabused BBing lifestyle IS the fountain of youth.

...sorry, I had to vent a little on this one.