• Join Us!
  • Breaking through a plateau
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Breaking through a plateau

Faye is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 267
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Breaking through a plateau

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Hey All -
      I have a cycle question. My man wants to run a cycle (hasn't done one in years). He is 5'6'', 170 lbs, and I'd guess him at about 6-8% bf, and he has been that way for years - hard as hell all year round. Talk about a plateau - he works out harder than anyone I know, just to maintain it. He'd really like to put on 10 to 12 lbs of quality muscle. What kind of cycle would you recommend for him?

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

test-400-500mgs a week. wks-1-10-maybe 12
      Eq-400mgs a week. wks 1-12. Better to do it at 12 wks
      D-bol 25-35mgs a week. wks 1-4 maybe 5

that's a good cycle for anyone to do. What are his priors? If he has a good diet, training and rest in check, he can put on about 15-17lbs of muscle on it. Also make sure he has his Clomid for post and Nolva on hand in case of Gyno. If he is worried about bloat, get some liquidex. Good luck to him

football54 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 94
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Breaking through a plateau

Originally posted by Faye
      Hey All -
      I have a cycle question. My man wants to run a cycle (hasn't done one in years). He is 5'6'', 170 lbs, and I'd guess him at about 6-8% bf, and he has been that way for years - hard as hell all year round. Talk about a plateau - he works out harder than anyone I know, just to maintain it. He'd really like to put on 10 to 12 lbs of quality muscle. What kind of cycle would you recommend for him?
      IMO plateau dont last for years if your working hard. Sounds like he is not eating as much as he should if he wants to put on 10+ lb. I'm not trying to flame but it sounds like he needs to check his diet and up the cal. One thing if he wants to put on the weight fast he has to sacrifice some of the leaness he has.
      life is _____?

life is hitting a guy so hard that he forgets his own name and remembers yours forever!
      FOOTBALL IS LIFE SO LIVE IT UP!

BiggerStronger
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Yep, He's not eating enough calories. Tell him to add 7000 extra calories per week and see what that does for him. That should add an extra 2 lbs or so per week without any AAS.

Maybe he is over-training too - You know someone who busts their ass every single day in the gym isn't the one that's going to be the biggest. It's the well-rounded guy who gives himself enough rest and food, but at the same time trains heavy and hard.

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That funny because today i went to a gym that I hadn't been to in years. And there is this this same guy who was always there 5 years ago, always training. Doing a little bench a little dips, chins, leg presses curls you name it.

He was doing the same Fuckin thing 5 years ago and its pathetic because he still looks exactly the same. Doesn't even look like he works out. He is tall and thin/lanky but I just laughed when I saw him.

He coaches Womens's College Basketball at some no name School and there a pictures on the wall of him all dressed up in a suit like he is some Pro basketball Coach.

He workouts off and on all day long doing the same bodyparts it seems like everytime I see him (everything)

What A Jackass!!!!!!! :p

rado
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by AceDaBoss
      That funny because today i went to a gym that I hadn't been to in years. And there is this this same guy who was always there 5 years ago, always training. Doing a little bench a little dips, chins, leg presses curls you name it.

He was doing the same Fuckin thing 5 years ago and its pathetic because he still looks exactly the same. Doesn't even look like he works out. He is tall and thin/lanky but I just laughed when I saw him.

He coaches Womens's College Basketball at some no name School and there a pictures on the wall of him all dressed up in a suit like he is some Pro basketball Coach.

What A Jackass!!!!!!!

LOL

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Thanks rado. That's about what I suspected. As for his diet, it is super clean (practically precontest year round without the reduction in calories) and his training is right on. He recently took a much needed break, so I don't think that he is overtraining. He probably does need to eat more cals - but that's hard for him to do - he hates to lose his definition.
      Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than to have an exact answer to the wrong question.

BiggerStronger
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

The only way to gain weight is to add calories. Get him on that mentality and he will be good to go. You need to cycle your diet to get bigger. Bulk/Cut/Bulk/Cut. It's too hard to diet all year round and expect to make gains.

DiamondBling
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I would substitute the EQ for Deca at 300mg's/week.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by BiggerStronger
      The only way to gain weight is to add calories. Get him on that mentality and he will be good to go. You need to cycle your diet to get bigger. Bulk/Cut/Bulk/Cut. It's too hard to diet all year round and expect to make gains.
      That's a tough one, he doesn't subscribe to the Bulk/Cut/Bulk/Cut philosophy. At his largest he was about 182lbs and 3-5% bf, and he never "bulked" or "cut" to get there, although he did eat more then. That's why I think the EQ is probably a good idea, I've read that it increases appetite!

AceDaBoss
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Originally posted by Faye
      That's a tough one, he doesn't subscribe to the Bulk/Cut/Bulk/Cut philosophy. At his largest he was about 182lbs and 3-5% bf, and he never "bulked" or "cut" to get there, although he did eat more then. That's why I think the EQ is probably a good idea, I've read that it increases appetite!

B12 might also help with his appetite.