• Join Us!
  • Fightmetric for rampage/machida
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fightmetric for rampage/machida

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Fightmetric for rampage/machida

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Let's get this right out of the way: this decision was not a robbery. At least not by the judging criteria of the ten-point must system. This is what happens when judges are forced to pick a winner in two rounds which were not only close, but filled with inactivity.

This fight being scheduled for three rounds is the real robbery. Lyoto Machida and Quinton Jackson are the number two and number four ranked light heavyweights, respectively. They have both worn championship gold. They have combined for 55 professional fights and a 13-3 record in the UFC heading into tonight. Men of this caliber should be given greater than fifteen minutes to sort out the superior fighter.

I disagree with the idea that the ten-point must system doesn't work for MMA. It's imperfect, as any system subjective scoring system will be. It's the implementation and criteria that need to be fixed. We don't need half-point scoring. Instruct judges to be more liberal in their use of scores outside the typical 10-9. How can anyone watch the first two rounds of tonight's main event and say, conclusively, that either fighter was the rightful winner? MMA judges should be relieved of the idea that someone is pointing a gun toward the back of their heads while they scribble diligently into their scorecards..

FightMetric has their report up for the fight (FightMetric: Rampage vs. Machida FightMetric Report), and it tells the story. Machida won the fight, but not the rounds. They awarded a 10-10 in round two for the 29-29 draw.

The breakdown of strikes complicates the scoring matter. Machida landed more significant strikes (which FightMetric defines as "all strikes at distance and power strikes in the clinch and on the ground") in each of the first two rounds, while Jackson had the edge in total volume.

In the end, however, everyone knows who won the fight. The fans know who won the fight. Lyoto Machida knows who won the fight. Quinton Jackson knows who won the fight. Dana White and Joe Silva know who won the fight. And I'd wager that all three judges at ringside know who won the fight, even if their square scorecards are forced through the round holes of judging precedent.
      I think it should have at least been a draw. Did you see Rampage's face when they said he won? He knows he stole that one...lol
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Fightmetric for rampage/machida

.I dont care about if machida gave some more love taps to the leg the quinton did I want to see a fight, the fans want to see a fight. Not a person who runs around the ring. And i'm not the only fan who thinks that about Machida. Machida didnt want to engage at all with Quinton at all and iot showed.Its MMA not run around the ring and waste everyones time. We dont pay to see boring fights we want to see fights.Again rounds 1-2 were Quintons
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Rampage lost...that's the majority thought from most....including rampage..lol.

I enjoy seeing good technique in fights, not a bang fest where whoever lands first wins. The 10 must scoring system got the better of machida in this one.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I'll put it like this, with the current judging system, rampage won...it was a good decision. The problem is that scoring system is not right for mma and it needs to be tweaked