• Join Us!
  • wrist-watch enthusiast
  • wrist-watch enthusiast
  • wrist-watch enthusiast
  • wrist-watch enthusiast
  • wrist-watch enthusiast
  • wrist-watch enthusiast
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: wrist-watch enthusiast

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default wrist-watch enthusiast

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast

• wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      I'm a watch guy. I'd go nuts without a watch on my wrist. Gotta know what time it is. ever since I learned to tell time. I've been into watches for as long as I can remember. before I could even tell time.

My Seikos have been excellent. I wear diver watches. Gotta be a diver.
      Well, several yrs ago, I bought an Invicta SQ Pro Diver. I like that look. Bracelet band, black dial, black bezel. Similar to the Tag Aqua Racer, and the more common Submariner, that I've noticed. Just nowhere near the Submariner price tag.
      So, I had an excellent experience with my Invicta SQ. It's still tickin. I like automatic movement. no battery. Runs off the movement of your wrist.
      Well, I bought a Pro Diver model 6036. It's a newer, larger face, and Invicta uses this new "flame-fusion" crystal. Instead of the mineral or saphire. About a week after it arrived, I noticed the crystal broken right at the 2 o'clock position. It's like it just separated in a hlaf-circle shape right against the bezel. It's on the inside of the crystal though. I did hit it on something. But I don't remember bumping it aginst anything, so I'm kinda wondering about the quality of this new flame-fusion crystal.
      I really like the wide variety of models that Invicta offers. They are good looking watches, and very affordable. The msrp will say $495, but you can get them for a fraction of that online.

Any input on the Invicta brand, or the flame-fusion crystal? I'm really wondering about it. And, went ahead and ordered another one while I go through the process of getting a replacement. We'll see. It's a totally different model though. But it does have the new crystal as well.

Attached is a pic of the watch that has the busted crystal. That's my style.
      The new one is off the beaten path for me though.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      1 up

Go Gators

skinnyman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: wrist-watch enthusiast

I too am into watches, not a freak about them, but do have several. I have not done specific research on Invicta bit do know they are supposed to be of decent quality. If this crystal broke that easily, to me it sounds like a defect.

Be careful about ordering on-line. Yes, it appears you can save ALOT of money but be leary of the vendor and read the fine print. Many of these vendors are not "approved" by the manufacturer so the manufacturere will not honor any warranty.

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I HAVE A TAG HEUER LINK CHRONOGRAPH THAT IVE WORN FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS...NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER WITH IT. I ALWAYS GET COMPLIMENTS ON IT
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

alluprbdy
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Nice pieces guys, I'm not ballin enough to rock anything crazy just have a middle of the road movado. However i am eying up a gucci with 3.2 carrats on it that is insane. Gonna need a good day at work to pay for that one though.

rc10j1 is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I can't wear a wrist watch. I always end up breaking them.
      They call you paranoid until the worst happens, and in the aftermath they will call you a hero.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by O2BESOHUGE View Post
      I HAVE A TAG HEUER LINK CHRONOGRAPH THAT IVE WORN FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS...NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER WITH IT. I ALWAYS GET COMPLIMENTS ON IT
      Hey 02 is that an automatic? I have the same but an automatic and have had several problems with it. Sent it back twice to get fixed, once it was covered and the other time i paid $350. Considering the watch, at new, was $2,500 i got it done. TAG tells me that, since its an automatic, i am supposed to send the watch in to their shop on an annual basis for a "tune up" and at a cost of $350 each time. That, to me, is BS.

I will never buy another TAG again.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i get a rash if it isnt cold...even stainless steel. so i dont even bother wearing one. i have a couple decent mavado's i wear at company xmas party's and shyt like that...other than that, my cell phone tells time
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

See, the issues that skinnyman has had with his Tag is another angle I was taking on this broken crystal. No matter the quality of a brand, you can still have that bad one in the showcase once-in-a-while. Tag Huer is quality. That Tag Link is a good looking watch, by the way. And I'm not into chronos. I've always liked the more simple/clean look, but automatic movement is my choice. Tag telling you that being an automatic, it requires annual service. That is straight bs. The only thing to note with automatic moevment, it will loose or gain time. A 21jewel auto usually needs to be re-set once a month. A 25jewel, like the Tag likely is, along with Swiss movement, as apposed to Japanese movement, they don't gain/loose nearly as fast as the 21 jewel movement. I have never had an automatic loose time. I couldn't deal with that. I can handle being 5min fast after a month, or so. But if your auto looses time, and you'd rather it gain. There is an adjustment once the caseback is taken off. You can take the watch to your Tag dealer, and they can simply dial the watch a click or 2 so that it will gain instead of loose time. People that get an automatic, and expect it to run perfect time like quartz movement will be dissapointed. That's just automatic movement. Quartz movement keeps perfect time, until the battery starts failing. I just prefer auto.
      Speaking of quartz and chronograph not being my choice. That';s exactly what I have in route right now. So, I'm changing it up, and I really like the looks of the watch.
      Hopefully, the crystal issue with the one I just got, is just a defect. Because the one I ordered has the same flame-fusion crystal, and is an Invicta.
      I do order from authorised dealers.
      This is the one I ordered. Way outside the box for me. But, I'm gonna give it a go. It's pretty thin, relatively. 12mm. For a diver, that's not bad at all. The black is not just enamel. It's ionized which is extremely durable.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

I'm diggin the new watch, so far. It is kinda cool knowing that your watch has the exact time.(quartz movement, as opposed to auto)
      I thought it might be a bit gaudy, but it's much toned down in person. The blue dial is a darker blue. It took a few days, but it has grown on me.
      I really like the big face. (47mm case)
      1 up

Go Gators

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I consider myself a watch enthusiast. My favorite all around for the price, design, and quality are Citizens. However, I upgraded to a TAG Formula 1 for my everyday watch to wear. But for dressing up I still wear one of my Citizen Dress watches. If going casual I switch between my new Swiss Army, Citizen, or TAG. I am contemplating purchasing a Breitling next but considering I just dropped $21,000 cash on a truck and $6,000 on a ring, and planning a wedding for Nov, I think I'll wait until next year.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

a year or so back i was looking to pick up a decent sport watch. did some research, looked at a few and chose the Movado 800 Mens Chronograph 45mm - Black Dial - Black ThermoResin Strap. This watch has since been through alot. including swimming, skiing, biking, softball, etc.. Cleans up real nice too. I have not seem anyone else wearing this. I like that

https://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/2600019.asp

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

That is a unique watch skinnyman. Durability is a must.

Js, you mentioned your loyalty to Citizen. I was just thinking, yesterday, while browsing some watch web-sites, how after all the different makes and models I've had & went through. There is, and probably always will be, my 2 Seikos that I can always depend on being there for me when something fails.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that Citizen is an affiliate co. w/ Seiko. Either way.(if not), I know that for the Cost, Quality, etc... Those 2, Citizen & Seiko are hard to beat.
      I'm a bracelet-band guy. And I've been looking for a Seiko that really catches my eye. I put the bracelet band that comes optional on my SKX-009, but the link right next to the case always stretches & looks like shit. So...it sports the rubber band. But that's a tank of a watch. Always ready when I need it. Just a quick shake to wind the auto-movement, set it, & it's on. Faded bezel & all. Damn thing's about 15-20yrs old.
      1 up

Go Gators

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

NO..THIS ONE ISNT AN AUTOMATIC...QUARTZ AND I LIKE IT THAT WAY. JUST REPLACE A BATTERY EVERY 3 OR 4 YEARS AND ITS GOOD TO GO

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyman View Post
      Hey 02 is that an automatic? I have the same but an automatic and have had several problems with it. Sent it back twice to get fixed, once it was covered and the other time i paid $350. Considering the watch, at new, was $2,500 i got it done. TAG tells me that, since its an automatic, i am supposed to send the watch in to their shop on an annual basis for a "tune up" and at a cost of $350 each time. That, to me, is BS.

I will never buy another TAG again.
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

i love em. i have a trias dress watch, a citizen titanium eco drive, an ESQ dress watch and a 1946 bulova which my grandpa gave me
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast

• wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      • wrist-watch enthusiast
      good post horse. Those watches look very cool. I dont know a thing about watches and have never worn one except for running. I have a watch in a drawer that I have worn about twice. I forgot about it until I read your post here horse. I just pulled it out. It says Raymond Weil Geneve on it. So I guess it is made in Switzerland. lol...The battery is dead. I will try and take a pic and post it on here. I have no idea what its worth. Some attorney gave it to me for Christmas about 15 years ago. Even though I never wear it, I would never want to sell it. Maybe I should wear it more. It is more of a dress up type watch.
      Last edited by Dzone; 03-29-2011 at 09:47 AM.