• Join Us!
  • Cancer donations
  • Cancer donations
  • Cancer donations
  • Cancer donations
  • Cancer donations
  • Cancer donations
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cancer donations

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Cancer donations

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations

• Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      PLEASE - 45 seconds of your time

Let me cut right to the chase here: I am asking for your help. And it has to do with cancer.

First, I am going to refrain from sharing memories about people that I have lost to this disease, or stories of those who beat it.

Everyone of us have similar stories, and everyone of them closely reflects a very similar outcome--one person survives, many others do not. Most importantly, however, is that one person’s lose, or another person’s victory is no greater and no less than the other. Above all, deep down, we all are going to be touched by this terrible disease at some point throughout our lives—whether it’s through a friend of a friend, or a girlfriend or boyfriend, a husband or wife, mother or father, brother or sister, daughter or son, or even ourselves.

So this basically leaves us all with two options: a.) Do nothing, or b.) Help.

Think of it this way, is cancer serious? Can it be treated? Do you take your lifting serious? Can you become better and stronger? Hell yeah it is...and hell yes you can. Look, both these subjects are deadly serious to all of us. And, we ALL have poured hundreds hours into research on training, and have spent hundreds of dollars on seminars, books, DVDs etc.

So, here’s an opportunity to do both. Flat out, here’s the deal: I’m asking you for a $25 donation to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I’m not going to try to mask this as some gimmick or promotion. It is what it is: financial support.
      In return, however, EliteFTS will send you, free of charge, a special 800 page CD (titled Lift Strong) that contains articles from basically every leading training authority of our day. Every single dime of your donation goes directly to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. And every single article was donated. Elite Fitness System is helping do its part— in addition to a contribution--by donating our entire marketing and distribution resources to get this CD into your hands.

The story behind this is quite simple. My good friend, and EliteFTS contributor, Alwyn Cosgrove--a two time cancer survivor—took the initiative to create the Lift Strong concept as a way to engage support from the strength and fitness community. Why? Simply because of the INCREDIBLE reach and connection we all have with one another. I mean, think about it, with e-mail and the Web, every single person in our industry isn’t more than a click away.

EliteFTS.com began in 1999 with Q and A's and articles. To date we have published more than 400 articles and answered over 40,000 questions. We have also grown from only a few unique visitors to close to 1 million. I point this out to express my thanks, and also note that we have never asked a thing from any of you for these resources. They were, and will, be given to you all for free in hopes of making your life and training better.

That’s why I am being completely honest here when I say that I am asking for your financial support for cancer and I am not selling this CD. All we are trying to do is “complete the loop” on this. Meaning, Alwyn came up with concept, all the authors donated time and effort to provide content, Elite Fitness will market and distribute Lift Strong, and our hope is that the rest of the industry can make a contribution as well by donating to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Alwyn is alive after facing cancer twice. Alwyn and others are alive today because of advanced medical treatment. Medical treatment discovered by research. Research funded by money. Money sourced from donations. Donations from people like you, me, Alwyn, the contributors to Lift Strong, and all the other industry sectors out there that have done similar initiatives.

And if you think I am being insincere about this, or if you think this is just a business angle, and you REALLY want the CD but are adamantly against making the donating to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, then please e-mail me directly at LiftStrong@elitefts.com and we’ll work to get you a copy anyway. For those that request the free copy, Elite Fitness Systems will make a donation on your behalf and we will recognize your name on a special page that is being created for the site.

I said it was free. And I meant it. More importantly, however, I am asking you to help make the $25 donation

Dave Tate
      Pres. EliteFTS.com
      Elite Fitness Systems

Lift Strong link: https://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=182&pid=2095

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: Cancer donations

JUST DONATED KITE MY BEST FRIEND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH LYMOHOMA AND THEN IT TURNED INTO LEUKEMIA AND HE STOOD UP AT MY WEDDING IN SEPT 97 AND HE PASSED JAN 98.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Cancer donations

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations

• Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      • Cancer donations
      Man, I've had two uncles die from that shiit, one with a brain tumor the other lung and kidney.