• Join Us!
  • THE POLLS
  • THE POLLS
  • THE POLLS
  • THE POLLS
  • THE POLLS
  • THE POLLS
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: THE POLLS

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default THE POLLS

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS

• THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      Here some great poll numbers that explains some things

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democracy Corps

Obama 48 - Mccain 45

but to explain why the poll numbers are great let me show you something. I HAVE alwys said that just because theres LESS republicans does NOT mean theres less consveratives.. Many of us republicans angry over bush immigriationi and spending policies left the republican party. Many of us stayed home in 2006. PALIN has changed all of that.

Heres the party affiliation numbers
      43 Percent Democrati 20 percent IND 36 percent republican

HOWEVER if you look at who is liberal moderate and consv the numbers almost completly reverse
      23 percent liberal 36 IND 37 PERCENT CONSV

do you see? the POLL based on party numbers not realizing there is 14 percent MORE consv in this country then liberals. the pollsters are making a BIG MISTAKE in this election..

Heres the actaull article

https://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/6392

More Poll Posting - Obama May Be In Real Trouble If Polls Weight Samples Wrong

Published by AJStrata at 11:43 am under 2008 Elections, All General

With Barack Obama pulling ahead in the polls, it seems a lot of us on the right are concerned about the validity of the message we are seeing. I am still of the opinion something is wrong with the polls and have shown why record crowd levels at Palin events, record viewership of the Biden-Palin debate (this is due to Biden???) and record RNC donation levels all paint a very different picture than a runaway race for Obama-Biden.

I did find one VERY interesting set of data on polls and the electorate which confirms my suspicion. But first I want to send a “shout out” to DJ Drummon and his correct statement about today’s less than professional polls:

And I have to warn you that the polls will not reflect an immediate valid effect - if they show a sudden jump for either side it is far more likely to mean that the polls have - once again - changed the party affiliation weights, a practice as dishonest as putting one foot on the floor while you weigh yourself. The reason is because while people do change their minds, historically it has always been a few people at a time and in small steps. One proof of that is that as popular as Presidents Reagan and Clinton were, neither saw a major shift in party identification during his Administration.

Emphasis mine. Note that the two post popular GOP and Democrat Presidents of modern times did not see large changes in party affiliation. And I also want to note Party Affiliation is a poor indicator of policy preferences. And now we get to some intriguing data from The Wall Street Journal. The story is all about the large pool of undecided voters, but it includes the following graph of party affiliation vs policy preferences (Liberal vs. Conservative)

Note the D-R-I split on “all voters” is 43-36-28. Most polls are weighting their sample by party affiliation, not policy preference. With the Democrat Presidential Primary drawing huge crowds and lots of GOP cross-overs to fight off Obama I would not want to put my reputation on party ID being the definitive weighting factor.

Look at the policy preference break down of Lib-Con-Mod, it is split 23-37-36 - almost the REVERSE of the party ID break down. That means if you re-run the polls using policy preference as the weighting factor you could see the polls almost flip 180°! Democrats are up by 7%, but Cons are up by 14% - twice the advantage!

Even more interesting is the undecided poll. In the Party ID view undecideds are split equally between Dem-Rep-Ind at 28-26-43. This would lead one to allocate undecideds or leaners basically down the middle between Obama and McCain since the difference left and right is a statistically insignificant 2%.

But in the policy world view the picture is dramatically different. The Lib-Con-Mod mix is heavily tilted away from Obama’s base with 18-32-47. Here we see very little opportunity for Obama to take the undecided voters. Now the imbalance is 2:1 in favor of McCain, which holds a statistically huge 14% advantage.

I have said all year this was a vote against partisanship. This year the nation would vote on policy, not party affiliation. Hyper partisans from each party are to blame for the current mood of the country. If I am right and these polls have been weighted using the wrong driver (historically it has been party driven) then Obama is not in the lead and has no hope of catching up. Go back to what DJ Drummond pointed out about Clinton and Reagan, they won on policy positions not party ID. Normally I don’t think there is such a schism between the two, but this year there probably is.

I would like to see some pollsters like Rasmussen run a result that had policy position the driving weighting factor, not party ID. I would like to see those results as the other possible outcome, the other end of the ’storm track’. Remember, these are statistical models just like Hurrican tracks. There is a cone of possible trajectories and a likely path. It is time pollsters starting showing the actual cone and how it shifts based on simple assumptions.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: THE POLLS

I believed in Bush and I voted for him twice...Now I want to know, why should we believe in mccain? Im sorry, but we can spend all day studying the so called "substance", but when we have been lied to over and over and over, it is hard not to be cynical. Show us how mccain is going to be different...Please...If you can prove that mccain is totally honest, I promise I will vote for him

BABY1 is offline Mrs FUZO
      Awards:
      Blog Award
      is is planting seeds

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      I believed in Bush and I voted for him twice...Now I want to know, why should we believe in mccain? Im sorry, but we can spend all day studying the so called "substance", but when we have been lied to over and over and over, it is hard not to be cynical. Show us how mccain is going to be different...Please...If you can prove that mccain is totally honest, I promise I will vote for him
      McCain is NOT Bush! You can't listen to everything that you hear, do your own research and make your own decision. I don't think anyone can prove that either candidate is completely honest.
      Veritas Vos Liberabit

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

[QUOTE]If you can prove that mccain is totally honest, I promise I will vote for him

YEAH AND I'M GOING TO WIN THE LOTTO TOMORROW. THATS FUNNY DZONE I CANT PROMISE BUT I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT FACTS ABOUT OBAMAS PLAN I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT OBAMAS CHARACTER WHO HE HAS ASSOCIATED HIM SELF WITH. A FAR LEFT LIBERAL ANOTHER JIMMY CARTER BUT WORSE. I WISH I CAN TELL YOU THAT
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS

• THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      • THE POLLS
      [QUOTE=FUZO;864695]
      If you can prove that mccain is totally honest, I promise I will vote for him

YEAH AND I'M GOING TO WIN THE LOTTO TOMORROW. THATS FUNNY DZONE I CANT PROMISE BUT I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT FACTS ABOUT OBAMAS PLAN I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT OBAMAS CHARACTER WHO HE HAS ASSOCIATED HIM SELF WITH. A FAR LEFT LIBERAL ANOTHER JIMMY CARTER BUT WORSE. I WISH I CAN TELL YOU THAT
      Yes, It will suck if he is president, but I will carry on and do my job and work hard just like I did during 8 years of clinton, who I couldnt fuking stand.. If the polls are an indication, we will be having some very different discussions on NOvember 5. I cant wait for this shyt to be over