"Obama Claimed His Tax Plan Would Benefit Most Americans" FALSE!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Today, Obama Claimed His Tax Plan Would Benefit Most Americans:

Obama: "[T]hat means that my tax cuts, for example, are going to the 95% of Americans who are struggling every day, as opposed to providing additional tax cuts to corporations that are doing very well." (CBS' "Face The Nation," 9/28/08)

But Obama's Voting Record And Shifting Plan Show He Can't Be Trusted On Taxes:

Obama Voted Twice In Favor Of The Democrats' FY 2009 Budget Resolution. (S. Con. Res. 70, CQ Vote #85: Adopted 51-44: R 2-43; D 47-1; I 2-0, 3/14/08, Obama Voted Yea; S. Con. Res. 70, CQ Vote #142: Adopted 48-45: R 2-44; D 44-1; I 2-0, 6/4/08, Obama Voted Yea)

The Democrats' Budget Raises Taxes On Individuals Earning Approximately $42,000 Or More. "The resolution Obama voted for would not have increased taxes on any single taxpayer making less than $41,500 per year in total income, or any couple making less than $83,000. The $32,000 figure is approximately the taxable income of a single person making $41,500 per year, after all deductions and exclusions." (FactCheck.org, "The $32,000 Question," www.factcheck.org, 7/11/08)

NOTE: The Democrats' Budget Raises Tax Rates On The 25, 28, 33 And 35 Percent Brackets. For 2008, The 25 Percent Bracket Begins At The Taxable Income Level Of $32,550, Which Is The Figure After All Deductions And Exclusions Are Subtracted From Total Earnings. ("2008 Individual Income Tax Rates, Standard Deductions, Personal Exemptions, And Filing Thresholds," www.taxpolicycenter.org, 11/4/07; Andrew Taylor, "Presidential Hopefuls To Vote On Budget," The Associated Press, 3/13/08)

Obama Has Exaggerated The Benefits Of His Proposed Tax Cuts. Obama: "And what I have said is let's provide tax cuts to 95% of the American people." ... ABC's George Stephanopoulos: "Actually, the Tax Policy Institute says it's 81% of the American people. It's 95% of families with children." (ABC News' "This Week," 9/7/08)

Obama Has Been Misleading About Who Would See Higher Taxes Under His Plan. "During Friday's presidential debate, Sen. Barack Obama provided a loose interpretation of his tax plan, saying that those making less than $250,000 a year 'will not see one dime's worth of tax increase.' It's not entirely true. Obama has called for higher taxes on income, capital gains and dividends for individuals making $200,000 per year; his tax plan imposes higher taxes on couples starting at $250,000 a year." (Teddy Davis and Nitya Venkataraman, "Fact Check: Obama Misleads On $250,000 Tax Claim," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, blogs.abcnews.com, 9/26/08)