• Join Us!
  • This just in on Quran burning day
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This just in on Quran burning day

straydoglogic is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 382
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default This just in on Quran burning day

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

The Pastor says he won't be doing it. Says he will fly to NY to talk to Imam.

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: This just in on Quran burning day

^Are you serious? Well, thats a lot more Christian of him than disrespecting someone elses religion.

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

It doesn't seem to bother the rest of the world when they burn our Bible or our flag or disrespect our religous beliefs.
      To me, it seems as thouogh we are supposd to bow down to the radical Musslims and succumb to their wishes. This only shows a sign of weakness on our part, but what would you expect from this administration?
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waterboy View Post
      It doesn't seem to bother the rest of the world when they burn our Bible or our flag or disrespect our religous beliefs.
      To me, it seems as thouogh we are supposd to bow down to the radical Musslims and succumb to their wishes. This only shows a sign of weakness on our part, but what would you expect from this administration?

I agree with ya WB
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I'm no fan of the radical Muslims by any means, nor of their hatred of western civilizations, yet I think there has to be better ways of displaying our resentment than burning the Koran. I know I keep repeating myself here but this would have done nothing but put soldiers lives more at risk, as if they are not at risk enough already. The terrorists watch the news too, they see it all, Fox, CNN, NBC, etc. This would only strengthen their recruiting efforts and hamper our progress. I'm not saying we should be overly sensitive but at least we can be considerate of the soldiers who are fighting over there. Why add more hostility to their situation? Protesting the mosque is one thing, but burning the Koran would have a hundred times more negative consequences. They would take their anger out on the military over there, and quite possibly over here too. I'm not sure how to resolve this situation other than to pull the heck out of there and concentrate on homeland defense. That may sound like retreating, which I used to be adamantly against, but after 9 years of war I don't know of a better option. The Russians went bankrupt after a decade of fighting the Taliban and it looks like we're headed down on the same course. I have seen my share of the wars in both countries and it just doesn't seem to be getting any better. There is no end in sight and from a planning stage it sure doesn't seem to even be in the making. They say we are withdrawing troops but they are merely replaced with contractors, while special ops remains over there as has always been. The way I see it, burning the Koran is like a bunch of people who have nothing to fear stirring the fire for those who do have something to fear. It is like standing outside of a fight and rallying the fighters to keep going, "kick him", "hit em", "kill em" etc, all while being perfectly safe on the outside. That is basically what burning the Koran would do. Those in the safety of America's borders are displaying their hatred toward the Muslims while the American soldiers have to deal with the hostility that results from it.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

See jsjs yes there hs to be a better way of showing are resentment but like I said we damned if we do and damned if we dont. And they-terriorists keep saying they will do this and that if us ame4ricans do this or that.Thats what I'm tired of,screw them. No one pushes us around
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Waterboy is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      I'm no fan of the radical Muslims by any means, nor of their hatred of western civilizations, yet I think there has to be better ways of displaying our resentment than burning the Koran. I know I keep repeating myself here but this would have done nothing but put soldiers lives more at risk, as if they are not at risk enough already. The terrorists watch the news too, they see it all, Fox, CNN, NBC, etc. This would only strengthen their recruiting efforts and hamper our progress. I'm not saying we should be overly sensitive but at least we can be considerate of the soldiers who are fighting over there. Why add more hostility to their situation? Protesting the mosque is one thing, but burning the Koran would have a hundred times more negative consequences. They would take their anger out on the military over there, and quite possibly over here too. I'm not sure how to resolve this situation other than to pull the heck out of there and concentrate on homeland defense. That may sound like retreating, which I used to be adamantly against, but after 9 years of war I don't know of a better option. The Russians went bankrupt after a decade of fighting the Taliban and it looks like we're headed down on the same course. I have seen my share of the wars in both countries and it just doesn't seem to be getting any better. There is no end in sight and from a planning stage it sure doesn't seem to even be in the making. They say we are withdrawing troops but they are merely replaced with contractors, while special ops remains over there as has always been. The way I see it, burning the Koran is like a bunch of people who have nothing to fear stirring the fire for those who do have something to fear. It is like standing outside of a fight and rallying the fighters to keep going, "kick him", "hit em", "kill em" etc, all while being perfectly safe on the outside. That is basically what burning the Koran would do. Those in the safety of America's borders are displaying their hatred toward the Muslims while the American soldiers have to deal with the hostility that results from it.
      You have some very valid points in your post.
      However, If our military was allowed to fight a war without being tied up with red tape to get anything done, I believe the outcome would be vastly different.
      Look back at WWI and WWII. The rules of engagement were simple, Take out your enemy. The first thing we did then when entered in a town was to destroy the tallest building around, being a office building, church steeple or whatever it was. This was to eleminate the possiblity of sniper fire.
      OH no, can't do that now and the Taliban know it. So they hide the caches in churches knowing damn well we won't destroy them for fear of upsetting someone or harming a civilian.
      I'm sorry, maybe a little callous, It's war, do what you have to do to survive and make you enemy succumb. Yes, there will be civilian casualties, but again, it is a part of war.
      How do you engage an enemy when they know they can hide among civilians, fire upon our troops and know that they will not have return fire at them?. If you are in a fire fight zone, everyone is suseptable to gun fire.
      They are oh so BRAVE in their boistrous talk, but why then do they hide behind civilians? Because they know our pansy administration is afraid if some one is killed other than a combatant, then the whole world will be mad at us and they just can't have that. Obama would just have to run over there and bow down and apoligize for our disgressions and make us look even weaker to them. He dosen't get it, being nice to them dosen't work. All they know is death and destruction.
      So everytime they kill or torture one of ours,do it to 10 of theirs. Hit them harder and harder each time they kill one of ours.
      Basically what I am saying is let the Generals run the war as they have been trained to do, as our soldiers have been trained to do and keep the damn congress and senate out of making policy for rules of engagement.
      Push it, Pull it, Rack it. Repeat untill wide!!

Take nothing I say as serious, What do I know, I sell water!!

Vet@FitnessGeared.com

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

You have some very valid points in your post.
      However, If our military was allowed to fight a war without being tied up with red tape to get anything done, I believe the outcome would be vastly different.
      Look back at WWI and WWII. The rules of engagement were simple, Take out your enemy. The first thing we did then when entered in a town was to destroy the tallest building around, being a office building, church steeple or whatever it was. This was to eleminate the possiblity of sniper fire.
      OH no, can't do that now and the Taliban know it. So they hide the caches in churches knowing damn well we won't destroy them for fear of upsetting someone or harming a civilian.
      I'm sorry, maybe a little callous, It's war, do what you have to do to survive and make you enemy succumb. Yes, there will be civilian casualties, but again, it is a part of war.
      How do you engage an enemy when they know they can hide among civilians, fire upon our troops and know that they will not have return fire at them?. If you are in a fire fight zone, everyone is suseptable to gun fire.
      They are oh so BRAVE in their boistrous talk, but why then do they hide behind civilians? Because they know our pansy administration is afraid if some one is killed other than a combatant, then the whole world will be mad at us and they just can't have that. Obama would just have to run over there and bow down and apoligize for our disgressions and make us look even weaker to them. He dosen't get it, being nice to them dosen't work. All they know is death and destruction.
      So everytime they kill or torture one of ours,do it to 10 of theirs. Hit them harder and harder each time they kill one of ours.
      Basically what I am saying is let the Generals run the war as they have been trained to do, as our soldiers have been trained to do and keep the damn congress and senate out of making policy for rules of engagement.
      Yeah you have a point about WWII. We fought it to win, not mess around and get ourselves killed. But the day of good military commanders is over. There are none left. Unless they put the Marin Corps Commandant in charge maybe but that will never happen.
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.