• Join Us!
  • North Carolinians - confirm!!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: North Carolinians - confirm!!

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Question North Carolinians - confirm!!

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I was just sent this, I couldn't find anything that collaborated it but I don't think this is out of the realm of possibility.

Date: Aug 8, 2007 10:13 AM
      Subject: North Carolina Residents: Real ID Guinea Pigs
      Body: North Carolina Residents: Real ID Guinea Pigs
      By Jim Palmer
      August 8, 2007

A couple of Days ago, I received a phone call from an aide from the office of Representative Jim Guest of Missouri. Jim Guest had recently been to North Carolina, to make more people aware of the Real ID and its negative impact.

Their mission of teaching soon turned into a shocking discovery. While in Raleigh, Representative Guest held up his driver's license to demonstrate what information the current driver's licenses have on them and how much information can be held in a one-dimensional bar code, compared to a two-dimensional bar code. He pointed out that a one-dimensional bar code can hold the information that is on the front of the license. This includes your name, address, license number, etc. A two-dimensional bar code holds enough information to fill a set of encyclopedias.

Before Representative Guest could finish his talking points, a man stood up and said, "My license doesn't have any of that", referring to the one-dimensional bar code. Jim's aide asked him when he obtained his license and he informed the aide it was very recent. The aide looked it over and said that it had the two-dimensional bar code and even more interestingly, it had a hologram with the headlights of a car and an outline of North America. Holograms are often used as Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip.

The danger of RFID technology is that anyone with a scanner can walk by a person with the license and gather their information. That information could include their name, address, date of birth, fingerprints, digital image, social security number and any other information put on the RFID chip.

I was not able to reach anyone by phone at the NC Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), who would or could confirm that driver's licenses are now being issued with a RFID. In fact, no one at the DMV (at least those that I spoke with on the telephone) seemed to know what an RFID chip is.

However, I did reach an examiner in a Wake County Drivers License Office who said North Carolina does use RFID Technology and that she thought it had been in use since November of 2006. I spoke with another DMV employee in Raleigh who informed me that I would need to contact Marge Howell in the communications office. I have tried several times to reach Ms. Howell and only get voicemail. I will post an update after I speak with her.

In a blog posted March 01, 2007 by Jay Ovittore of Greensboro, he describes his run in with the DMV. "I went and got my new NC drivers license today at the local DMV. I had to get my address changed. Come to find out the new issue NCDL has a RFID chip in it. Not only can RFID technology be used to track a location of what it is in, but it can store information as well. It is easily hackable, if you can even call something so easy a hack, with a RFID scanner, which for a price is available to the general public. So I had some questions. I asked the DMV officer if they had any literature for what is going to be stored on the RFID chip, you know like my social security #. I was told, 'What is being stored on the RFID chip's is not going to be public information'. I raised a little hell and then left before I got myself arrested by the Gestapo like officials. "

In the Charlotte City-Data forum one user posted their experience with the New North Carolina Driver's License.

"It was a sad day for me today as I called the local DMV. My cousin showed me her Renewed drivers licenses yesterday, and to my surprise there on the back was a new type of hologram. However as I came to find out today thru DMV sources it's not just a hologram it in fact is a new trackable chip. They said in fact it was a new homeland security project for this state. The officer also said that the cards which are trackable is just the first step in the new project, she also stated that other states had their own projects but that eventually all states would in fact be merged into the same system. This news shocked me to say the least but she also added that they were in fact doing facial recognitions as well to go into the database. However, before answering my questions she had a couple of her own such as, why do you want to know? Have you been involved with fake ID's etc. etc. I laughed and assured her that in fact I was just a concerned citizen, and that I found it ironic how we are not the terrorists but that we have to submit to being treated as such. She however didn't seem amused. What as a nation have we allowed? Well as for me my drivers licenses don't expire until 2010, and until I move to a state that doesn't have such a policy or the policy itself is rescinded I'll stick with the ones I have!"

Looking at these posts and getting the information from Representative Jim Guest makes me wonder if the people of North Carolina are being used as Guinea Pigs for the Department of Homeland Security and their implementation of the Real ID.

I wonder how many North Carolinians are aware that they are broadcasting their private information, without even knowing it. How many of them know that an electronic stalker could track their every move? They may not even know that their information will be placed into a database accessible not only by law enforcement and all other DMV's in the United States but by the governments of Mexico and Canada.

Homeland Security will be in charge of this massive data mine. However, they have yet to protect their own computers from being hacked more than 800 times in the past two years! Why would anyone in their right mind hand over all of their sensitive data to an arm of the government that cannot even manage its own systems?

One final note, I can understand the correlation between having a pair of car headlights on your driver's license (even if it is just a clever way to mask the RFID chip), but why the outline of North America? Is this new driver's license going to be the North American ID that will replace the passport to enter Mexico or Canada? Perhaps this system is in place to help forge the way for the North American Union, which the mainstream media outlets are trying hard to ignore away into that black hole, which swallows up important information in favor of reporting the drunken misdeeds of the latest celebrity. Either way, this form of identification that has been proven to be fallible should not be used. The people of North Carolina need to demand that this stop immediately. The people of the United States of America ought to stand with them.

Take Action before you have to renew your license Contact You Legislators at
      NC Senators: https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...Chamber=Senate

NC House:
      https://www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascript...sChamber=House

Your federal Legislators both House and Senate can be located at
      https://www.visi.com/juan/congress/cg...e=ctc&state=nc

Support Representative Jim Guest and Learn more about the Real ID at:
      https://www.legislatorsagainstrealid.com

Article found at https://www.alipac.us/modules.php?nam...wtopic&t=76768

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: North Carolinians - confirm!!

great!! cant wait! i need a way to get ahold of some good ss#'s to get some credit criminals some loans!!! i see a fat pay day acomin!!!
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Scalleywag is offline Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I have an old license and it doesn't expire until 2010. I have no clue what I will do at that time. I will try to see if I can find someone with a new one.

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

ny id's have rfids already..too bad i lost my new id, and accidentaly broke my passport rfid too.
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

gymdiva is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 434
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I get mine renewed this year but I have seen those holograms on other ID's now that I think about it...gooooooooooood...although anyone trying to steal my ID and use it for credit is in for a rude awakening! hahahaha

GBAGH is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 53
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

There are ways to disable the chips.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH View Post
      LMAO.....order any replacements?? lol
      haha negative..it was an accident though..you can go to jail if you break them on purpose so i wouldnt do that..you have to look online where they are placed because they are sometimes extremely small..they can be as small as the dot in an "i".

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
      thats the info that needs to get out there.....

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Hmmm....interesting. And how did the state just go along with this without telling people? If this escalates identiy theft, the government will talk all the blame for it. The thing is, the devices that retreive this information need to be kept off the streets. I know that won't work but still, that's just crazy. All one would have to do is have that info, hang out at a high income establishment for dinner and rack up who knows how much available funds. It's another poorly thought out idea. But, then it makes me think of Minority Report when everywhere you went your eyes were scanned. It seemed like a secure world, you couldn't go anywhere anonamously. That's how this will be and with the added potential loss to all your stuff. The worse part is, now that this info is out there, these types of criminals will head to NC and make use of it. If 'we' know, I can assure you the criminals know. It's just a matter of time before theft happens as a result and the NC becomes the leading state of it and the program is viewed as a failure. If you can't protect people's identity from being stolen then the program will never fly. What congressman would vote for something like that?
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^nooooo...they just need to drop that shyt.

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH View Post
      RFID chips.....its starting.........seriously....everyone watch zeitgeistmovie.com. its gonna start off w/ ids, until the ultimate goal of getting everyone w/ an implanted one. you've already seen them doing that too by saying to "get your kids implanted w/ an rfid chip"
      I think it could have been edited down. I've watched seven minutes of it that could have probably been a couple minutes or even a minute. I'll probably eventually watch it all a few minutes at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
      Is there a way to confirm that you've disabled it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man007 View Post
      What congressman would vote for something like that?
      If this is true, the government must already have the authority to do it and wouldn't need any additional legislation to be approved. So we would have to fight up hill and get legislation approved to ban the authority they already have.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

January 1, 2007 marked the start of RFID-embedded US passports. You can tell you have a new one if the logo on the front is different and there is a little bulge in the back cover. Depending on where you fall on the security issue - some say broadcasting your whereabouts from the passport in your pocket will signal terrorists that an American is nearby, others say wearing loud white tennis shoes in Paris will do exactly the same thing - one things is clear, it is easy to disable the chip.

Short of building your own RFID-blocking wallet, the gang at Wired discovered that simply hitting the chip with a hammer (located inside the back cover) will render it useless. So much for high tech. And to be clear, a disabled chip does not invalidate the passport. Just don’t brag about the hammer in the customs line or you’re looking at 25 years of hard time.

the word was that as of january 1 the new passports would have rfids so i went a few months before to get mine..i ended up telling them why i wanted to get a passport (to avoid having one with an rfid chip) well the guy told me theyve been in the new passports for almost a year, so if you got one after 2006 it probably has an rfid chip.