TweetFatty foods for pain relief
The low fat guidelines released by the USDA had catastrophic effects on the U.S. population.
Obesity rates skyrocketed.
Metabolic diseases became prolific.
One of the main reasons for this is that certain types of fat help regulate inflammation.
By excluding those fats from your diet — and replacing them with low fat foods (or worse, artificial plant-based fats) you’re setting yourself up for weight gain, inflammation increases and chronic joint pain.
One of the fat types that many people are deficient in is Omega 3 Fatty Acids.
Studies show that Omega 3’s help reduce your risk of cardiovascular disease, reduce muscle/bone/joint pain by lowering inflammation, and boost your immune system.
Definitely don’t want to shortchange yourself on getting enough of this healthy fat.
You may have heard that fish contains this heart-friendly, brain-boosting fat.
But you can get ample amounts of Omega 3’s from other food sources too.
Here are the top sources of Omega 3 Fatty Acids:
1. Atlantic Mackerel: 6,982 milligrams in 1 cup cooked (174 percent DV)
2. Salmon Fish Oil: 4,767 milligrams in 1 tablespoon (119 percent DV)
3. Cod Liver Oil: 2.664 milligrams in 1 tablespoon (66 percent DV)
4. Walnuts: 2,664 milligrams in 1/4 cup (66 percent DV)
5. Chia Seeds: 2,457 milligrams in 1 tablespoon (61 percent DV)
6. Herring: 1,885 milligrams in 3 ounces (47 percent DV)
7. Alaskan Salmon (wild-caught): 1,716 mg in 3 ounces (42 percent DV)
8. Flaxseeds (ground): 1,597 milligrams in 1 tablespoon (39 percent DV)
9. Albacore Tuna: 1,414 milligrams in 3 ounces (35 percent DV)
10. White Fish: 1,363 milligrams in 3 ounces (34 percent DV)
11. Sardines: 1,363 milligrams in 1 can/3.75 ounces (34 percent DV)
12. Hemp Seeds: 1,000 milligrams in 1 tablespoon (25 percent DV)
13. Anchovies: 951 milligrams in 1 can/2 ounces (23 percent DV)
14. Natto: 428 milligrams in 1/4 cup (10 percent DV)
15. Egg Yolks: 240 milligrams in 1/2 cup (6 percent DV)
The more the better.
But our recommendation nutrition clients is to eat at least ONE of the foods from the list above every day.
If you do that consistently, you’ll be protecting yourself from high inflammation levels, keeping your brain sharp, and protecting your overall health.
Director of Research & Development
We’re just about ready to make our announcement.
Check your email tomorrow for some big news.
If you’re curious about anti-inflammatory diets… or you’re having trouble with joint or muscle pain.. stay tuned.
Been working on something.
Which is why I've been so quiet for the past few weeks!
You won’t want to miss this announcement.
SaltWrap is dedicated to creating natural health & fitness solutions. Our mission is simple: to help you do what you love, better. And help you reveal your best self.
Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.
Please take the time to read these threads!
Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules
FG member signature rules
Fitness Geared Forum Rules