• Join Us!
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Join Us!

  • Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes

SkinnyBeef

  • Join Us!
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Oil changes
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 16 to 20 of 20

    Thread: Oil changes

    1. #16
      gymphreak007's Avatar
      gymphreak007 is offline Platinum
      Points: 6,388, Level: 52
      Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 162
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      9
      Points
      6,388
      Level
      52
      Rep Power
      0

      Default Re: Oil changes



      • Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes

      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      While car is under warranty I let the dealer handle it because the cost is similar to doing it myself. Once off I usually do it myself.

    2. #17
      mtnmedic's Avatar
      mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      Points: 60,227, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is Being patient
       
      I am:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Willamette Valley
      Posts
      5,664
      Points
      60,227
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      407

      Default Re: Oil changes

      My F-150 is a pain in the ass to do myself, I used to do my Ranger but this one has a funny way of draining. I have it done for me and I use a full synthetic, it takes almost a gallon. I change it every 6K. I also use a fram filter the quick change charges 2x as much for theirs.
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

      Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

    3. #18
      jipped genes's Avatar
      jipped genes is online now VET
      Points: 104,067, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 99.5%
      is El Burro!
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2002
      Location
      Lone star state
      Posts
      17,624
      Points
      104,067
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      452

      Default Re: Oil changes

      Quote Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
      My F-150 is a pain in the ass to do myself, I used to do my Ranger but this one has a funny way of draining. I have it done for me and I use a full synthetic, it takes almost a gallon. I change it every 6K. I also use a fram filter the quick change charges 2x as much for theirs.
      should be a gallon and a half minimum. a gallon is not quite 4 quarts if I am not mistaken. my 6 banger jeep takes 6 quarts.

      my kids car has a strange way to get to the filter. you have to go in through the inner fender well. between the wheel and the chassis from underneath. oil drips on some suspension parts. I taught him to wrap the suspension parts in aluminum foil before pulling the filter and then when he takes off the foil the suspension stays clean, no drips.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

      A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

      husband of the year

      moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe



    4. #19
      mtnmedic's Avatar
      mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      Points: 60,227, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is Being patient
       
      I am:
      Cool
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2003
      Location
      Willamette Valley
      Posts
      5,664
      Points
      60,227
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      407

      Default Re: Oil changes

      Quote Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
      should be a gallon and a half minimum. a gallon is not quite 4 quarts if I am not mistaken. my 6 banger jeep takes 6 quarts.

      my kids car has a strange way to get to the filter. you have to go in through the inner fender well. between the wheel and the chassis from underneath. oil drips on some suspension parts. I taught him to wrap the suspension parts in aluminum foil before pulling the filter and then when he takes off the foil the suspension stays clean, no drips.
      Yeah it's a 5L 8cyl, takes seven and a half quarts. And kinda' the same thing it pours down onto a trough after ya pull the plug.
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

      Alpen Gruppe 99
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

    5. #20
      jipped genes's Avatar
      jipped genes is online now VET
      Points: 104,067, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 99.5%
      is El Burro!
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2002
      Location
      Lone star state
      Posts
      17,624
      Points
      104,067
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      452

      Default Re: Oil changes

      • Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes

      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      • Oil changes
      Quote Originally Posted by mtnmedic View Post
      Yeah it's a 5L 8cyl, takes seven and a half quarts. And kinda' the same thing it pours down onto a trough after ya pull the plug.
      wish I had that v* in my jeep. better a Ford motor than a damn chrysler fiat POS. although the 3.6 I have is a decent motor (made for a mini van but put in a jeep) I have had the heads replaced under warranty and it has been in the dealer for recalls at least 6-7 times.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

      A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

      husband of the year

      moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe



    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    SALTWRAP2
    Join us
    About us
    www.Fitnessgeared.com is a Bodybuilding Fitness health & Training Discussion forum for all levels from beginner to advanced. We offer everything from Nutrition, Supplements, Fat Loss, Weight Training, Dieting, to achieve your goals to get in the shape you want.