Muscle Research’s Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is a very high quality Whey Isolate that is extremely pure, amazingly delicious and guaranteed free of amino spiking (aka – protein spiking, or nitrogen spiking). What you get is the actual protein content that you see on the label, not an inflated protein number due to adding cheaper amino acids and counting them as actual “protein.”
“Wait…What?” That’s Right! Some companies have taken up the unscrupulous practice of using less real protein, and adding extra amino acids such as taurine, glycine, glutamine, and even Creatine to protein powders, and counting those added aminos as dietary protein on the label. These added aminos are nothing more than cheap fillers used to make an inferior protein look better. They are nowhere as beneficial as real whey isolate food-based protein, and should not be considered as real protein.
“But how is this legal?” Well, the FDA has a very outdated and loose definition of “protein” so that is how it is legal (although unethical). Why would these companies do this? For starters, it’s cheaper! Whey protein has become quite expensive over the last several years, plus it’s expensive to ship a 3 to 6 pound package to customers.
Honestly, proteins are loss leaders for supplement retailers. Everyone who buys supplements buys protein. Most of us also buy other supplements. The proteins are there to get us in the door in hopes we fill our carts with other products that have higher margins so it evens out. Best case scenario, a retailer breaks even on a sale of a single bag or tub of protein, and most times they take a loss. So, any methods that companies can use to reduce costs and increase profit margins, many will use to their advantage. After all, they aren’t breaking any laws.
The bottom line to all this is that while you are paying for say, 27 grams of protein on your favorite protein supplement’s label, you may only be getting 12 grams of actual protein. But not with Muscle Research’s Whey Protein Isolate! With Muscle Research WPI, you get 100% of the superior quality protein that you paid for.
Why choose Whey Protein isolate:
Now that you know the truth about protein spiking, let’s discuss why we chose Whey Protein Isolate. Let’s start with the basics of, “what is whey?”
Simply put, whey is a by-product of the cheese-making process that makes up 20% of the protein in cow’s milk (the other 80% is casein). The whey is first separated from the casein. The next step in making an Isolate is to put it through a micro-filtration process to further separate the whey and remove all other non-whey ingredients, then it is dried out and what remains is whey isolate powder.
As for why whey isolate…it is the Gold Standard for Post Workout shakes. The micro-filtration process leaves us with a high percentage (typically around 90%) of pure whey isolate protein that is virtually fat free and lactose free. Muscle Research Whey Protein Isolate mixes easily in any flavor and is rapidly digested. In other words, you’ll be building bigger muscles, faster than ever before! The purity of Muscle Research Whey Protein Isolate also makes it a great choice for those who want to avoid the gas, bloating and other gastrointestinal issues often associated with whey protein concentrate.
What else is in Muscle Research Whey Protein Isolate:
If MR’s WPI is so pure, what are those other ingredients listed? Well, we have flavorings of course, because pure whey isolate is flavorless. And flavorless doesn’t sound delicious at all, does it? Next, there are sweeteners and thickening agents. We’re not overdoing the thickening, but we needed the right consistency. After all, you didn’t come here looking for flavored water.
This all sounds pretty standard so far. But to continue our quest of always bringing you excellent, cutting edge products, Muscle Research took it a step further! We added helpful digestive enzymes and healthy probiotics so you can get the most out of every gram of Muscle Research WPI. Not only will these enzymes and probiotics help you more completely absorb every gram of your beloved protein, but they will also help aid and improve your overall digestion and gastrointestinal (GI) tract health.
save 10% off your order, use code: cheaper
TweetBeen eyeing this! Almost out of my whey iso