• Join Us!
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Join Us!

  • Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

Synthetek

  • Join Us!
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 15 of 20

    Thread: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

    1. #1
      Pellethead's Avatar
      Pellethead is online now Platinum
      Points: 13,651, Level: 76
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      Overall activity: 2.0%
      is In the zone
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      fed lot hefer cattle yards
      Posts
      256
      Points
      13,651
      Level
      76
      Rep Power
      72

      Default Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?



      • Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      I finally got insurance and have been injured for months. Because I got the "poor peoples" insurance, my Doctor choices are slim. The soonest I could get in (tomorrow) only puts me with a physicians assistant. My goal has been to get an MRI so I can see whats up and also share it with some great physiology friends for opinions. In dealing with prolonged injuries and no insurance, I have been staying on my 500mg wk Test Enth, 300mg wk EQ and .75mg Deca a week to help with movement as I have to work. I've detailed three pages of diet, supplements, training (gym + yoga + foam roller) and work movements/injuries to be perfectly clear as I'm hoping any Doctor consulted (if any) will use all the information. My last shot was 9 days ago as I didn't want to show higher levels. So, my plan is to educate this PA and request a script for MRI. Am I correct in believing that person does not need to know about the juice? As to referring Doctor, my personal opinion is the Juice shouldn't matter towards a spine issue and therefore I'm not going to disclose that info. Any input?

    2. #2
      LittleTom's Avatar
      LittleTom is online now Platinum
      Points: 19,566, Level: 88
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 284
      Overall activity: 10.0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2014
      Location
      Gotham
      Posts
      1,521
      Points
      19,566
      Level
      88
      Rep Power
      90

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      I would not say anything about the gear. It's not in anyway related to the issue at hand. The only way I would ever tell a doctor about use is if I thought it may be related to using AAS. Now that covers a wide range of issues but an injury is certainly not one of them. Now please do what you feel is in your best interest, I however would not.
      "You don't know how strong you are until strong is your only option."

    3. #3
      Yohimbe's Avatar
      Yohimbe is offline Super Moderator
      Points: 34,243, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Hungry
       
      Join Date
      Dec 2006
      Location
      Big Bad Blvd
      Posts
      4,908
      Points
      34,243
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      178

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      I agree, for this situation I wouldn't mention it especially since the injury isn't directly related to gear. However, As LT mentioned, please do what you feel comfortable with between you and your doctor. In my opinion though, I wouldn't see any reason to bring it up for this type of visit.
      Train Till Your Eyes Bleed!







    4. #4
      BABY1's Avatar
      BABY1 is online now Mrs FUZO
      Points: 259,801, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 99.8%
      is is planting seeds
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      the Woods
      Posts
      29,201
      Points
      259,801
      Level
      100
      Blog Entries
      557
      Rep Power
      617

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Agree with the guys above. No need to bring this up at this moment.
      Kind, creative soul, with no mean bones

    5. #5
      Pellethead's Avatar
      Pellethead is online now Platinum
      Points: 13,651, Level: 76
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      Overall activity: 2.0%
      is In the zone
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      fed lot hefer cattle yards
      Posts
      256
      Points
      13,651
      Level
      76
      Rep Power
      72

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Thank you! I agree completely but just wanted to be sure. All this PA will do is tell me to quit doing what I do to support my family anyway...but that logic doesn't pay my bills and unless that Doc or ANYDoc puts in the work, like I do at the gym, then I'm talking to a wall anyway. I get better advice here on Fitness Geared! Thanks again

    6. #6
      6p6's Avatar
      6p6 is online now Super Moderator
      Points: 92,244, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      is Never Giving UP!
       
      I am:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      May 2003
      Location
      the desert
      Posts
      11,986
      Points
      92,244
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      570

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      I would not mention it at all boss. My girl is a nurse practitioner and let me tell you the medical data bases are being created into a socialistic experiment. Not to be a conspiracy nut but I truly believe our medical records will be used against us by our government sometime in the near future. That being said your medical records are not confidential like they used to be with Doctor patient privilege. Sure it's there to make you feel warm in fuzzy but those records are accessible by so many people it's not even funny. The data bases your shit and notes on your shit that have been entered is mind blowing.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    7. #7
      Pellethead's Avatar
      Pellethead is online now Platinum
      Points: 13,651, Level: 76
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      Overall activity: 2.0%
      is In the zone
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      fed lot hefer cattle yards
      Posts
      256
      Points
      13,651
      Level
      76
      Rep Power
      72

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Update: all went well but very glad I prepared a three page sheet on diet/supplements/training (weights/yoga/foam roller), work scenarios. After being seen by two nurses, the PA came in and had limited knowledge of what was going on until I gave her the "other" copy. At the end of summary, I clearly state that I have been active in solving the inquiry but need professional assistance in determining the cause and asked for MRI. They complied. Maybe not a big deal to most people but I've been shuttled to x-ray before and was not going to let that happen again. Thank you again for all the input and support!

    8. #8
      Dzone's Avatar
      Dzone is online now Super Moderator
      Points: 101,223, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 99.6%
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      Happy
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2008
      Posts
      16,354
      Points
      101,223
      Level
      100
      Blog Entries
      2
      Rep Power
      468

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Quote Originally Posted by 6p6 View Post
      I would not mention it at all boss. My girl is a nurse practitioner and let me tell you the medical data bases are being created into a socialistic experiment. Not to be a conspiracy nut but I truly believe our medical records will be used against us by our government sometime in the near future. That being said your medical records are not confidential like they used to be with Doctor patient privilege. Sure it's there to make you feel warm in fuzzy but those records are accessible by so many people it's not even funny. The data bases your shit and notes on your shit that have been entered is mind blowing.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So true. The government has just recently forced ALL doctors to convert their practices over to EHR, which stands for Electronic Health Records. If a doctor doesnt go digital, he doesnt get paid. The government wants easy access to all your personal and medical records.

    9. #9
      6p6's Avatar
      6p6 is online now Super Moderator
      Points: 92,244, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      is Never Giving UP!
       
      I am:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      May 2003
      Location
      the desert
      Posts
      11,986
      Points
      92,244
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      570

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
      So true. The government has just recently forced ALL doctors to convert their practices over to EHR, which stands for Electronic Health Records. If a doctor doesnt go digital, he doesnt get paid. The government wants easy access to all your personal and medical records.
      Mostly what I was speaking about you are spot on with big brother but side bar also is all the $10-12/hr medical assistants that have access to your records too.

      They've identified the motor vehicle department employees as number one source for identification fraud be use they aren't paid jack crap and usually not educated. So why wouldn't it be the same with medical assistants...let me just tell you it is!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. #10
      guns01's Avatar
      guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Points: 87,552, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 75.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      23,554
      Points
      87,552
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      465

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Quote Originally Posted by 6p6 View Post
      Mostly what I was speaking about you are spot on with big brother but side bar also is all the $10-12/hr medical assistants that have access to your records too.

      They've identified the motor vehicle department employees as number one source for identification fraud be use they aren't paid jack crap and usually not educated. So why wouldn't it be the same with medical assistants...let me just tell you it is!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      the military has gone away from using ssn and other identifying stuff from records and day to day stuff. so why in the hell cant the medical community? hell take a pic and attach it to your electronic file or even a finger print. i know i am not the only one on this planet that no one else really looks like. these things to me just seem like common sense and an easy way to prevent all the messed up shit that crooks and the gov will do to you
      TGBSupplements REP

      https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

      Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

    11. #11
      animal87's Avatar
      animal87 is offline Elite FG Resident
      Points: 18,460, Level: 86
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 390
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Got three FriendsFirst 1000 Experience Points
      is eating doughnuts in the squat
      rack
       
      I am:
      Crazy
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Posts
      3,143
      Points
      18,460
      Level
      86
      Rep Power
      113

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      I'm glad it went the way you needed. Sometimes you got to just take control of the situation. Theres so many people that go to doctos for just something like a sniffly nose, that they dont pay attention sometimes when theres a real problem.
      Animal the manimal

    12. #12
      6p6's Avatar
      6p6 is online now Super Moderator
      Points: 92,244, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      is Never Giving UP!
       
      I am:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      May 2003
      Location
      the desert
      Posts
      11,986
      Points
      92,244
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      570

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
      the military has gone away from using ssn and other identifying stuff from records and day to day stuff. so why in the hell cant the medical community? hell take a pic and attach it to your electronic file or even a finger print. i know i am not the only one on this planet that no one else really looks like. these things to me just seem like common sense and an easy way to prevent all the messed up shit that crooks and the gov will do to you
      information is a billion dollar industry, that is why other than that its common sense to decent people

    13. #13
      Pellethead's Avatar
      Pellethead is online now Platinum
      Points: 13,651, Level: 76
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 399
      Overall activity: 2.0%
      is In the zone
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Mar 2003
      Location
      fed lot hefer cattle yards
      Posts
      256
      Points
      13,651
      Level
      76
      Rep Power
      72

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Thanks for all the input. Somewhat ironic, but very illuminating, I have been to the Dr's office several more times since my last post here. Each and everytime, they go over all the pills I am currently taking and brought all this stuff up: are you still taking fish oil? Multivitamins? and then they asked me about a dozen other things...milk thistle, saw palmetto, etc. I asked what?! They took all the ingredients from Iron M labs Cycle Support (that I had mentioned once) and put it into my records as individual pills. I was referred to a Neurosurgeon in the same network and just had the same thing happen today! ****'s

    14. #14
      guns01's Avatar
      guns01 is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      Points: 87,552, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 75.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.
       
      I am:
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jul 2012
      Posts
      23,554
      Points
      87,552
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      465

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      Quote Originally Posted by Pellethead View Post
      Thanks for all the input. Somewhat ironic, but very illuminating, I have been to the Dr's office several more times since my last post here. Each and everytime, they go over all the pills I am currently taking and brought all this stuff up: are you still taking fish oil? Multivitamins? and then they asked me about a dozen other things...milk thistle, saw palmetto, etc. I asked what?! They took all the ingredients from Iron M labs Cycle Support (that I had mentioned once) and put it into my records as individual pills. I was referred to a Neurosurgeon in the same network and just had the same thing happen today! ****'s
      it's hard to find a doc that isnt a moron anymore man. just roll with it and try to get fixed. that's about all we can do. i have also figured out my two new docs are absolutely worthless so i am on the hunt for a good one right now
      TGBSupplements REP

      https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

      Use code 'Baby1' for $5 off your order

    15. #15
      6p6's Avatar
      6p6 is online now Super Moderator
      Points: 92,244, Level: 100
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      is Never Giving UP!
       
      I am:
      Piratey
       
      Join Date
      May 2003
      Location
      the desert
      Posts
      11,986
      Points
      92,244
      Level
      100
      Rep Power
      570

      Default Re: Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      • Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?

      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      • Do you tell the Doc? Do you tell the PA?
      ^truth


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    MileHighKratom1
    Join us
    About us
    www.Fitnessgeared.com is a Bodybuilding Fitness health & Training Discussion forum for all levels from beginner to advanced. We offer everything from Nutrition, Supplements, Fat Loss, Weight Training, Dieting, to achieve your goals to get in the shape you want.