• Join Us!
  • Showering at the gym??
  • Showering at the gym??
  • Showering at the gym??
  • Showering at the gym??
  • Showering at the gym??
  • Showering at the gym??
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Showering at the gym??

tn94z is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Default Showering at the gym??

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??

• Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      Any of you guys shower at the gym? I ask because I have gotten a 2nd job and this is really going to cut down on my gym time. Now I have only been doing cardio as I am trying to lose weight before working on adding a little size. So, I have been doing spin classes 2 nights a week. It looks like my work schedule will conflict with those classes (at least this week anyway) and it seems like they are going to be working me quite a bit.

One option I have is to get to the gym at 5:30am and do the spin class they have then. But the problem with that is by the time I got back home, I would be pressed for time in getting ready to head to work. I might be able to pull it off, I'll just have to see. In the event that I can't make that work, an alternative would be to get ready at the gym after the class and go to work from there. I have always been against this because I see some of the nasty a** people that use those facilities. Do you guys shower at the gym? If so, do you where shower shoes or anything like that?
      "He woke up because I kept punching him in the face." --Thiago Alves

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

skinnyman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 375
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Showering at the gym??

I showered in the gym many years ago and stopped. Reason being is, as you said, alot of nasty azz people going inot those things and yes, always wear shoes.

Here's a story, I get out of the shower and go to my locker. Take my towl off so im standing butt naked. There's only one other guy in there that i really don't know. He says "hey man, your back is all wet. give me your towel and i'll dry it". I'm thinking, WTF, do i look like a homo? Even if I was, would i take a chance of you standing behind my butt naked azz drying my back while someone can walk in and see this? But instead I say "no thanks". But the guy continues and says "c'mon man, its all wet and you don't want to put your nice dry cleaned shirt on with a wet back". So now i'm getting heated and still, in a polite way, I say "listen man if you need to get your rocks off go in the shower and knock yourself out but leave me the phuk alone before i clock you". Not another word and he left. Found out later that yes he was a homo and he hits and all the newbies.

ketsugo is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 143
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Many guys do and I would wear flip flops only to prevent the spread of any type of fungus etc. However I always shower at home- I live 6 miinutes form my gym, then I drive back shower and eat then drive 6 minutes the other way to work, so Its easy for me to do so

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

I talked with the teacher of the class and they are done and walking out the door by 6:15 at the latest, so I should have no problems getting back home with enough time to get ready. That's good. I really didn't want to have to get ready for work at the gym.

"I'm telling you, once your car's been stolen, it never runs the same again. It's like a guy sleeping with your girl. He leaves his mark all over her."- Drama (Entourage)

millenium girl is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I never shower at the gym but then again all I need to do to get back to my appartment after a workout is to take the lift .....

Dzone is offline Super Moderator
      Overall activity: 44.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyman View Post
      Here's a story, I get out of the shower and go to my locker. Take my towl off so im standing butt naked. There's only one other guy in there that i really don't know. He says "hey man, your back is all wet. give me your towel and i'll dry it". I'm thinking, WTF, do i look like a homo? Even if I was, would i take a chance of you standing behind my butt naked azz drying my back while someone can walk in and see this? But instead I say "no thanks". But the guy continues and says "c'mon man, its all wet and you don't want to put your nice dry cleaned shirt on with a wet back". So now i'm getting heated and still, in a polite way, I say "listen man if you need to get your rocks off go in the shower and knock yourself out but leave me the phuk alone before i clock you". Not another word and he left. Found out later that yes he was a homo and he hits and all the newbies.
      Holy crap thats disgusting...I swear, homos are out of control. Makes ya want to puke.
      Man, if I would just shower at the gym, it would save me shitload of time sinc e the gym is right across the street from where I work.

Strella is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 206
      Overall activity: 0.3%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I wouldnt want to shower there unless it was a really nice fitness club and then I would still wear flip flops or something.

ROAD WARRIOR is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 146
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Talking Re: Showering at the gym??

I showed at my gym a few times back over the summer when the water pump at my house took a dump and I was waiting on parts to fix it. The place is kept really clean, but I wore flip flops just to be on the safe side. It was cool, no problems with any homos. lol
      U

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

I dont even own a pair of flip flops..maybre I can get some shower shoes at walgreeens

bowbow is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

get ya some soap on a rope while your at it. lol
      Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

occasioanly when I was alot younger I would shower at the gym. Couldnt stand when men would walk around naked. Yeah I'm a man but I think one should always cover up instead of walking around with your shit flopping around wer a towel. I was in the sauna one time and I was sitting there with my towel on and this guy comes in and sits right down next to me and lifts his leg up to his chest just while the other one stayed on the step and his shit was just hanging out and I stood up and said listen mother fuk'r go get a fuk'n towel and cover your self this isnt no gay sauna mother fuk'r thats exactly how I said it. I was in my mid 20's at the time but this old man did go get a towel and wore it while he was in there
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

This user has no status.

I am:
      Geeky

Level

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyman View Post
      That is freaking ridiculous man!! That would definitely have been a problem!

Quote Originally Posted by ROAD WARRIOR View Post
      It was cool, no problems with any homos. lol
      Haha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FUZO View Post
      occasioanly when I was alot younger I would shower at the gym. Couldnt stand when men would walk around naked. Yeah I'm a man but I think one should always cover up instead of walking around with your shit flopping around wer a towel. I was in the sauna one time and I was sitting there with my towel on and this guy comes in and sits right down next to me and lifts his leg up to his chest just while the other one stayed on the step and his shit was just hanging out and I stood up and said listen mother fuk'r go get a fuk'n towel and cover your self this isnt no gay sauna mother fuk'r thats exactly how I said it. I was in my mid 20's at the time but this old man did go get a towel and wore it while he was in there
      That's great! What are these people thinking man? I am with you...I am a man, but there is no way I would walk around with everything just out in the open. Put a towel on....nobody wants to see that!!

Unless it's the guy in skinnyman's gym

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Level
      Blog Entries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??

• Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      • Showering at the gym??
      Ya, I just have a problem with the whole locker room idea anyway. Men standing around naked. The guys who like to sit and linger around naked and read a book or say their prayers whatever, while naked guys are all around, well, those dudes are totally gay...Im sorry, but I have had too many gay guys hit on me over the years that it is hard for me to accept them the way they are. They cant just keep it to themselves. It seems to me, at least 90% of gay men are sick and out of control.