• Join Us!
  • My New Ruger LCP
  • My New Ruger LCP
  • My New Ruger LCP
  • My New Ruger LCP
  • My New Ruger LCP
  • My New Ruger LCP
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Ruger LCP

JsJs24 is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 17
      Overall activity: 0%
      is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default My New Ruger LCP

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP

• My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      I've been looking for a good price on a Ruger LCP .380 for a while, and yesterday at the gun show I picked one up for $289.00 + tax and background check. I haven't shot it yet, but might go out today if I get a chance. It came with the grip extender which I need, a soft case, and lock.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: My New Ruger LCP

hell yes! Go blow through a couple hundred rounds.
      That's sweet!
      1 up

Go Gators

BICEPBULG is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 443
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

That is my next gun. I was already suppose to go get it. Just haven't yet.
      Always expect the unexpected!

young_hulk@hushmail.com

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BICEPBULG View Post
      That is my next gun. I was already suppose to go get it. Just haven't yet.

Are you getting the black one like mine or one with a nickel plated slide?
      Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

I do not condone the use of, nor do I use anabolic or androgenic steroids. My participation on these boards is for informational purposes only. I have done extensive research of AAS and enjoy discussing them for role playing enjoyment.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I want all black... It will be a pocket gun. If the nickle plated slide isn't much more I might go for it. But I really like an all black gun. Easier to hide.

young_hulk@hushmail.com

deepsouth
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Nice piece

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Thanks guys, I plan to shoot it this weekend and will let you know how it does.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Okay, I finally got the time to shoot my LCP today.

I shot 3 different types of ammo:

Remington UMC 95 grain L380AP 12 rounds
      Speer Lawman 95 grain TMJ 50 rounds
      Federal Premium 90 grain hydra-shok JHP 5 rounds

I only shot 67 rounds because it was blazing hot out, plus my finger started hurting from the recoil and long trigger pull. However, the recoil is not that bad but after 11 clips in a very short period of time my finger started to get sore. I had 3 hiccups with the Lawman ammo. I tried each one again in the next clip but wouldn't fire. Then I noticed the slide didn't go all the way forward when I chambered one, and thought that might have been what happened in the middle of the clip when they initially failed. I put the 3 rounds that failed to chamber in a clip at the end of my shooting and they all three fired, just had to force the slide forward all the way after I released it. The 12 rounds of Remington shot without any problems, and so did the hydra shoks. I did all my shooting at around 7 yards, which is about what this gun is intended for, close range encounters. The accuracy was great for such a small gun. I only missed the small target maybe 3 times, and those were from jerking. It took a few clips to get used to the long trigger pull, but once I did it was deadly accurate. I was holding groups around 3-4 inches. I'm hoping the hiccups were only because its still new and hasn't broken in yet. I still have one more box of the Lawman which I will shoot next time out after a box of Remington to see if breaking it in helps. Also, I will lube it real well since the slide already proved it doesn't move forward completely with ease. Other than that the gun is great and it was a blast to shoot. I am satisfied with my purchase. One thing I will do in the future though is buy higher quality ammo. I only bought the Lawman because ammo was so hard to find, but I have shot the same ammo in my HK .45 without any problems. Of course, that gun has never failed me and eats though anything I feed it.

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

I just looked at my target again and realized that all my groups were within 3 inches and a couple were 2 inches. Not too bad for a little pea-shooter.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Sweet. I hope I can take the long trigger pull. Can you send it in and have it adjusted?

young_hulk@hushmail.com

is web surfing

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Sweet. I hope I can take the long trigger pull. Can you send it in and have it adjusted?
      I doubt it, these guns are supposed to have a long trigger pull. It is the only safety they have, so if you have it loaded in your pocket it won't go off. But it is easy to get used to. I just pull it back to the point just before it fires and then steady my aim and shoot. Plus, if you ever have to use your concealed carry gun it will most likely be in close quarters, less than 10 yards. You don't have to be too accurate at that range. I was shooting at an 8"x8" target that's divided into four 3"x3" and one 2"x2" targets, and I was grouping all of my rounds within each block. That is accurate enough for a head or chest shot for sure.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

At my gun shop they have an indoor range where you can try the gun first. I will have to check it out. I am sure I can deal with it. My Karr has a long trigger pull.

young_hulk@hushmail.com

jipped genes is offline VET
      Overall activity: 49.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      is El Burro!

I am:
      ----

Level

good pistol. i like ruger stuff.
      "SHIAT BIOTCH, thats a big ass!"

A clear concience is a sign of a bad memory.

husband of the year

moose riding maple syrup drinking flanel wearing canuck wannabe

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

There are several models, of different makes that I can think of with a long trigger pull.
      You'll get adjusted to the gun, instead of adjusting the gun. You just "stage" before each round.
      To stage the trigger means to take up the slack once you learn where the trigger breaks. It's an easy thing that'll become 2nd nature after some practice.
      1 up

Go Gators

is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP

• My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      • My New Ruger LCP
      Quote Originally Posted by JsJs24 View Post
      Okay, I finally got the time to shoot my LCP today.

I shot 3 different types of ammo:

Remington UMC 95 grain L380AP 12 rounds
      Speer Lawman 95 grain TMJ 50 rounds
      Federal Premium 90 grain hydra-shok JHP 5 rounds

I only shot 67 rounds because it was blazing hot out, plus my finger started hurting from the recoil and long trigger pull. However, the recoil is not that bad but after 11 clips in a very short period of time my finger started to get sore. I had 3 hiccups with the Lawman ammo. I tried each one again in the next clip but wouldn't fire. Then I noticed the slide didn't go all the way forward when I chambered one, and thought that might have been what happened in the middle of the clip when they initially failed. I put the 3 rounds that failed to chamber in a clip at the end of my shooting and they all three fired, just had to force the slide forward all the way after I released it. The 12 rounds of Remington shot without any problems, and so did the hydra shoks. I did all my shooting at around 7 yards, which is about what this gun is intended for, close range encounters. The accuracy was great for such a small gun. I only missed the small target maybe 3 times, and those were from jerking. It took a few clips to get used to the long trigger pull, but once I did it was deadly accurate. I was holding groups around 3-4 inches. I'm hoping the hiccups were only because its still new and hasn't broken in yet. I still have one more box of the Lawman which I will shoot next time out after a box of Remington to see if breaking it in helps. Also, I will lube it real well since the slide already proved it doesn't move forward completely with ease. Other than that the gun is great and it was a blast to shoot. I am satisfied with my purchase. One thing I will do in the future though is buy higher quality ammo. I only bought the Lawman because ammo was so hard to find, but I have shot the same ammo in my HK .45 without any problems. Of course, that gun has never failed me and eats though anything I feed it.
      If you didn't field strip, clean and lube the rails, that could be the reason it didn't go into full battery a few times. Most guns won't work flawlessly dry. Even though there's some lube on a new gun, they never lube the rails. This could've been the issue.
      Another thing that these little pocket-pistols are very susceptible to is limp-wristing. Especially a .380 in the "mouse-gun" size. Don't think I'm saying you don't know how to hold a gun, but these things are especially easy to limp-wrist. The slightest slack, or slip, and you could have one not chamber the next round. We don't like to think that we might've limp-wristed a few rounds. But it can happen to anyone. You gotta pay extra close attention to that with a .380 that size. Even more-so with it being brand new. Which leads me to my last thought. It's a brand new gun. Field strip it. Lube the rails, and get a couple hundred rounds down range. It might've just been part of breaking 'er in.
      If you didn't break it down and lube it well, paying extra attention to the rails. I'm betting that once you've done this. You won't have that issue again.

I had 3 WWB rounds do exactly what it sounds like yours did when I went out Saturday morning. Wal-Mart WinchesterWhite Box are the shittyest, but I've never had a problem with them in my P32 before. I know the problem was because the gun was dry as hell from carrying it daily in this heat. CC'ing every day has taught me a few things I never knew. Even about the quality of certain gun lubricants.(I sweat, and it's been hot as hell).

About those Lawman. I felt the same about them. But remember. Speer makes Gold Dots. Some of the best HPs on the market.
      1 up

Go Gators