Mike Brown is a seasoned veteran in mixed martial arts who has competed all over the world, including as a lightweight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. But Wednesday night at 8 p.m. EST live on Versus, Mike Brown enters the biggest fight of his career when he challenges No. 1 ranked featherweight Urijah Faber for the World Extreme Cagefighting 145-pound title.

"It's a huge chance. It's the biggest fight of my career," said the American Top Team trained fighter. "Every fighter's goal is to be the best. Urijah's the best, so he's the guy you've got to beat to get to that goal."

On a seven-fight win streak having not lost in nearly three years, Brown has earned his shot. But putting the title aside, the 33-year-old fighter sees the opportunity as a win-win situation.

"It's extra nice because he's promoted so much through the WEC. He has a lot of fans and a large following, so you'll get that much more exposure for the fight," said Brown. "It's really a no-lose situation. He's a great fighter, so I have nothing to lose by going into this fight. And those are the easiest ones, I think, to fight, the ones where you have nothing to lose."

Brown is confident headed into the WEC 36 main event, and he attributes his American Top Team training partners for providing that self-assurance.

"We have so many great fighters here that you know what's out there. And you know that it doesn't get any better than the guys you're training with," he stated. "We've got great grapplers, great stand up fighters, great wrestlers. We've got it all here, so I know that I'm always going to be comfortable in the fight. I know there's going to be no surprises."

"We have a lot of talent at 155, so I train with a lot of those guys. One of my favorite training partners probably is Yves Edwards. He's the guy I train with a lot. He's not really Urijah's style, but he can fight right handed, so I've been training with him a lot," explained Brown. "To get specific for Urijah, we've got a little guy, Alexis Vila, who was an Olympic bronze medalist in the sport of wrestling. He's like 2-0 or 3-0 as an MMA fighter... I've been training with him to get that same look as far as speed and that wrestling look. Training's been good."

The two were originally scheduled to fight Sept. 10, but the event was pushed back to Nov. 5 due to Hurricane Ike. The postponement was disappointing to Brown.

"I was pretty bummed about it. I trained pretty hard for a solid eight weeks and I poured everything into it, so I was pretty worn out. I was ready to fight," commented the Maine native. "Pushing it back eight weeks was tough, but all the fighters are in the same boat. I just went back to work and did it again."
He is a very good fighter, but i think Faber will have no problems winning the fight. He is one of the best conditioned and well rounded fighters I have seen. Mike Brown will have a tough fight on his hands