• Join Us!
  • ANYONE SEE MCCAINS ECONOMIC REPORT
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ANYONE SEE MCCAINS ECONOMIC REPORT

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default ANYONE SEE MCCAINS ECONOMIC REPORT

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

IT WAS ON THE NEWS AND IT LOOKS LIKE **** GOOD ONE EVEN FOR YOU DEMS
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Re: ANYONE SEE MCCAINS ECONOMIC REPORT

McCain Refines Plan for Homeowners
      By Dan Balz
      BROOKLYN -- Two weeks after drawing criticism for saying he favored only a limited federal role to help deal with the home mortgage crisis, Republican presidential candidate John McCain sought to assure Americans he is prepared to use the government where necessary to help ease the impact of a declining economy on working families.

In a campaign appearance with small business owners in Brooklyn, McCain also addressed the spreading economic downturn with proposals to help families facing foreclosure restructure their mortgages and to give workers who have lost their jobs more flexibility and incentives to seek retraining and a speedier return to the workforce.

McCain plans a more comprehensive economic speech for next week, but came here today to blunt criticism from Democratic rivals Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that he is insensitive to the plight of ordinary Americans.

"Let me make it clear that that in these challenging times, I am committed to using all the resources of this government and great nation to create opportunity and make sure that every deserving American has a good job and can achieve their American dream," he said.

McCain noted that Americans face multiple economic pressures from the economic downturn, from declining home values and threats of foreclosure to the impact of rising gasoline prices on family budgets to fears that a worsening economic situation will throw more people out of work.

On the housing crisis, McCain once again made clear his opposition to broad federal intervention or bailouts. He said he continues to oppose helping those who engaged in and fed the speculative frenzy in the housing and credit markets

"Tax breaks for builders, funds to purchase homes in foreclosure, and tax credits that are not targeted to where the need is greatest do not constitute the federal help that is warranted," he said.

Instead, McCain proposed a federal program that would require individual homeowners to seek help from the federal government and, if they qualified for assistance, emerge with a restructured mortgage that would allow them to stay in their homes.

"There is nothing more important than keeping alive the American dream to own your home, and priority number one is to keep well meaning, deserving home owners who are facing foreclosure in their homes," he said.

There are some limitations. Those families who can afford the terms of their current, albeit higher, mortgage would not qualify. And the assistance would only cover primary residences and only go to families that can truly afford the new mortgage.

McCain economic adviser Douglas Holtz-Eakin said the housing assistance would reach an estimated 200,000 to 400,000 families, with an estimated cost of $3 billion to $10 billion. He said McCain's goal is to use federal money only for those families "who really need help." He also called McCain's approach superior to some Democratic measures because it places primary emphasis on the individuals in need, rather than the lenders.

McCain also demanded a Justice Department investigation to look into criminal wrongdoing in both the home mortgage industry and in the securitized credit instruments that were created to fuel the speculative bubble in the housing market.

For displaced workers, McCain proposed restructuring current job training programs. Repeating past criticism that federal programs are duplicative and inefficient, McCain said he favored changes that would give workers the ability to build up assets in an account that could be used to pay for retraining programs, offset lost income or even provide bridge payments to continue health insurance. The plan also aims to giving older workers who lose their jobs additional benefits.

McCain touched briefly on energy issues, calling on Americans to look for ways to cut back on their consumption and recommending a halt to the purchase of additional oil for the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who had ridiculed McCain's earlier economic speech, greeted his latest proposals with fresh criticism, describing them as "half-measures" that are inadequate to the scope of the problem.

"Apparently Senator McCain got the message: letting the phone simply ring and ring is not the way to respond to economic crises," she said in a statement. "So now he's changed positions and is finally responding to a housing crisis that has been going on for months."

McCain spoke at a small window replacement company in Brooklyn and was introduced by New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who recently shelved consideration of an independent campaign for the White House.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

yea...i've seen alot of good plans in that past that didnt get done either...hey...remember this one..
      "READ MY LIPS...NO. NEW. TAXES."....then the guy went on to help raise the taxes the highest of any sitting president!!...
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I actually heard on the radio that McCain was for suspending federal taxes on gasoline from memorial day to labor day. If he keeps saying $hit like that, I might come to like him.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
      I actually heard on the radio that McCain was for suspending federal taxes on gasoline from memorial day to labor day. If he keeps saying $hit like that, I might come to like him.
      bro...thats like throwing a brick in the grand canyon....that aint gonna fill the whole! too small of a gesture to have any kind of impact on me...fix the fukin prob's or go play in someone else's sand box!

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      bro...thats like throwing a brick in the grand canyon....that aint gonna fill the whole! too small of a gesture to have any kind of impact on me...fix the fukin prob's or go play in someone else's sand box!
      Considering the government makes more money off a gallon of oil than the oil companies; it is the strongest pragmatic approach.

...I'm with you though, lets fix the fundamental problems. Drill at Anwar and off the coast of the states and quit devaluing the dollar by injecting more dollars into the economy; I'm all for that too.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Klash View Post
      Considering the government makes more money off a gallon of oil than the oil companies; it is the strongest pragmatic approach.

...I'm with you though, lets fix the fundamental problems. Drill at Anwar and off the coast of the states and quit devaluing the dollar by injecting more dollars into the economy; I'm all for that too.
      it still dont matter bro...it's not gonna do shyt for us...
      now, your other idea's are more along the lines of what i was talking about...fuk the green people! i dont like green anyways! we should be able to tap our shyt and drive the domestic price down...
      while we're at it...how's about looking into that nafta garbage also!!

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

Schiznick is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I have to disagree on that one....

With gas prices as high as they are right now, a LOT of people will be staying home for holiday weekends and doing nothing.... with the gas tax being lifted it will encourage people to go on their family vacations and SPEND MONEY which will in turn help to boost the economy in the long
      "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"...................Benjamin Franklin

schiznick13@yahoo.com

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Schiznick View Post
      I have to disagree on that one....

With gas prices as high as they are right now, a LOT of people will be staying home for holiday weekends and doing nothing.... with the gas tax being lifted it will encourage people to go on their family vacations and SPEND MONEY which will in turn help to boost the economy in the long
      i can understand how one would think that, but driving down the gas tax aint gonna get people over the fact that they are un-employed or may be un-employed soon. it wont translate into extra spending cash! people are way to concerned with the economy to get over it and go out on a spending spree becouse they drop gas tax. with the tax dropping, and the supply not meeting the demand that comes with summer anyways (as they tell us every year), the oil companies will raise the cost every bit as much as the tax saves you...mark my words, dropping the gas tax and giving people a stimulus package will only lead to higher cost , higher taxes down the road....only time and a real solution is gonna fix this prob. not political gimicks....
      Last edited by daved150; 04-15-2008 at 08:36 PM.

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i can understand how one would think that, but driving down the gas tax aint gonna get people over the fact that they are un-employed or may be un-employed soon. it wont translate into extra spending cash! people are way to concerned with the economy to get over it and go out on a spending spree becouse they drop gas tax. with the tax dropping, and the supply not meeting the demand that comes with summer anyways (as they tell us every year), the oil companies will raise the cost every bit as much as the tax saves you...mark my words, dropping the gas tax and giving people a stimulus package will only lead to higher cost , higher taxes down the road....only time and a real solution is gonna fix this prob. not political gimicks....
      When's that trucker strike going to start?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! you missed it???!! it was april 1st and 2nd.

the biggest prob. with that whole joke was the major companies (werner, swift, stevens, ect...) didnt participate.
      these guy's cant make it bro...there's alot of smaller trucking companies going under. it's a sad situation for the independants.

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Saw some excerpts on the economic speech.

I also saw him on, Chris Matthews Hardball show.

I give him and 8.5, I was duly impressed.

This man is super serious about spending cuts, and a balanced budget, and as president u can ****e well bet he can make it happen. Don't forget he never ever took a penney of pork, not a penney, That is a value system in action, and a major leadership quality.

He also, was not angry, lot's of times he comes off as angry.

If his advisors can just get him to be more rational on war. He actually talked rationally about Iran.

He also needs to watch his words and answers. HOw do u think iraqi's felt after he said, oh we could be there 100 years. The same as all the hullbulooh on obie's bitter/clinging stuff.

The higher up you go, and when the spotlight is on you, you have to be carefull of how others interpret your words.

If u ever watch obie, he hesitates alof of times on questions. What he is doing, is in his mind he is trying to find the right words to explain his position, in a way the person who asked it can easily understand.

I do this all the time with clients, my core values, lessons are always the same, yet, i try and put them into words/pictures, metaphors that the other person can more readily understand, get.

And sometimes when u do this, u slip up, yet overall it is the best way in the long run.

So, mickey had a big 2-3 days.

On a side note, i've also seen him do a few more typical political things, and he still has that dog and a bone syndrome, on stuff that makes no difference to anyone or anything, it makes him come off as not understanding the nuances, too much on small stuff and not on the big ones.

still, though, the pubs should be proud and happy, he did very well