• Join Us!
  • Perspectives
  • Perspectives
  • Perspectives
  • Perspectives
  • Perspectives
  • Perspectives
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Perspectives

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Default Perspectives

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives

• Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      Sitting around waiting for easter dinner last week i was engaged in conversation with my red sox obsessed nephew who felt the need to bust my nuts about roger clemens being accused or aas and gh usage and asked what i thought about it. i said i was happy to see roger prolonging his career a few extra years by supplementing. he always had cutting edge training methods and if by using aas and gh he can continue to perform on a major league level that's awesome. he had trouble with that and asked what i thought if every player in mlb used steroids. i said that would be fine, it's human nature to look for ways to improve your game, especially with 250mil plus contracts being the trend these days. he started on with the very old argument that babe ruth never juiced, etc. i said whoa, look, babe ruth consumed piss poor nutrional food and subsided on a liver killer quantity of alcohol. look what the dude put ip for numbers. imagine for a minute if he ate right and his bat speed wasn't slowed down by the effects of alcohol. he might have hit 70 plus hr's back in his day. now if you want to go back to the babe ruth era and keep baseball mired there, number wise, supplement wise, training method wise then you have to also subtract all the scientific progress made since then as well. no state of the art gloves, back to the small, mitten like baseball mitts they wore, lose the designer shades the pros use, back to squinting up into the sun for fly balls, no gatorade in the dugout, back to room temperature water for the players, or bourbon in the babe's case. he couldn't see the argument i was making and said it's cheating. i said steroids give you about a 10 to 15% edge so it's been stated. so if you hit the ball 400 feet naturally you get 440 or 450 on juice. i said look at you. i can take your skinny ass and juice you up, feed you right and put you on the field at 210 rock hard and sliced and you'll step in the batter's box and not even come close to hitting a mlb pitcher's 95mph fastball because steroids DO NOT make you a skilled player. they will make a skilled player stronger but will NOT give you skills. i said baseball was pretty much dead after the strike shortened season where they cancelled the world series. fans were PISSED. attendance was down the next few years when lo and behold, two monsters named mark macgwire and sammy sosa were chasing the hr record. fans tuned in, went to the games and forgave the players greed. steroids saved the game. and basic human nature tells you people want to go to events where the things they see are larger than life. no one is going to pay money to watch 5'8" dudes play basketball, they want to see 7 footers dunking and blocking shots. they don't want to pay to go to an nfl game where the offensive linemen weigh 225, they want 320 pound linemen and 260 pound linebackers who can run a 4.4 sec 40 yard run. they want to go to wwf and see hulk hogan jacked up with 22 inch pythons, not some average sized guys running around the ring. look at the superstars in that sport, Bautista, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, even back in the 80's, Paul Orndorf, Jimmy Snuka, Tony Atlas. People want big, larger than life heroes, hell look at the comic books at batman and superman. i said look at me, i'm 41 years old. if i wasn't supplementing do you think i could still compete against and beat 20 year olds and win three world championships in three consecutive years? he kind of looked at me for a minute and then yeah, but they're still drugs. Yup, true i said as i finished my vodka and coke and watched him finish his coffee and saw his grandmother go outside to puff on a marlboro, good thing no one in this house is doing any kinds of drugs.
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

Default Re: Perspectives

good job. Those debates are fun aren't they.
      You said; "good thing anyone in the house isn't useing any drugs." to him?

That's funny, His mind wondered for a minute when you said, "look at me..."

How old is your nephew?
      1 up

Go Gators

is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by horsepwr View Post
      good job. Those debates are fun aren't they.
      You said; "good thing anyone in the house isn't useing any drugs." to him?

That's funny, His mind wondered for a minute when you said, "look at me..."

How old is your nephew?
      he's 19. yeah, i think he got the irony, gramma is doing nicotine, he's addicted to caffeine and i'm chugging down alcohol, three of the worst, addicting drugs around and peeps are worried about aas.

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

yep, and people don't get that AS are drugs that could be given to pretty much anyone and everyone, and they'd benefit and live healthier. People think that they're bad for you. They put juice in the designer drug category when it's not at all. It's on the healthiest side of script drugs as well.
      1 up

Go Gators

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

GOOD JOB BRO. I'VE HAD THE SAME CONVO WITH PEOPLE AROUND ME. FUNNY THING...MY DAD EVEN SAYS THEY SHOULD ALL BE ON STEROIDS. HE USES THE SAME "BASEBALL STRIKE" ANALOGY YOU DID. HE HATED BASEBALL AFTER THE STRIKE, THEN....MARK MCGUIRE....HE WAS BACK INTO IT. IF STEROIDS = EXCITING GAMES...HE'S ALL FOR IT, LOL.
      I'M SURPRISED AT YOUR NEPHEWS ATTITUDE. MOST KIDS OF THAT GENERATION I KNOW DONT CARE. THEY'VE (KIDS OF THAT AGE) HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO ALOT MORE THAN OUR PARENTS AND OLDER SIBLINGS....STEROIDS ARE BORING TO THEM, LOL
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daved150 View Post
      GOOD JOB BRO. I'VE HAD THE SAME CONVO WITH PEOPLE AROUND ME. FUNNY THING...MY DAD EVEN SAYS THEY SHOULD ALL BE ON STEROIDS. HE USES THE SAME "BASEBALL STRIKE" ANALOGY YOU DID. HE HATED BASEBALL AFTER THE STRIKE, THEN....MARK MCGUIRE....HE WAS BACK INTO IT. IF STEROIDS = EXCITING GAMES...HE'S ALL FOR IT, LOL.
      I'M SURPRISED AT YOUR NEPHEWS ATTITUDE. MOST KIDS OF THAT GENERATION I KNOW DONT CARE. THEY'VE (KIDS OF THAT AGE) HAVE BEEN SUBJECTED TO ALOT MORE THAN OUR PARENTS AND OLDER SIBLINGS....STEROIDS ARE BORING TO THEM, LOL
      see unfortunately being that he is a red sox fan and the Mitchell report was biased and protected the red sox since Mitchell has ties to them only like 1 player who was briefly on the team showed up in the report so he is of the mind the red sox are the only team in mlb not "cheating". i reminded him back in early 90's one of their utility infielders let the batboys borrow his car and they got pulled over and homey had juice in his ride. red sox were one of the first teams to have a player popped for having juice. i told him why does he think Manny and Pedro (when he was on the team) went back to Dom. Rep. every winter instead of hanging in the states? because juice is legal there. bulk up all winter and hang on the beach and come back and have a great season in the spring.

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives

• Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      • Perspectives
      Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
      see unfortunately being that he is a red sox fan and the Mitchell report was biased and protected the red sox since Mitchell has ties to them only like 1 player who was briefly on the team showed up in the report so he is of the mind the red sox are the only team in mlb not "cheating". i reminded him back in early 90's one of their utility infielders let the batboys borrow his car and they got pulled over and homey had juice in his ride. red sox were one of the first teams to have a player popped for having juice. i told him why does he think Manny and Pedro (when he was on the team) went back to Dom. Rep. every winter instead of hanging in the states? because juice is legal there. bulk up all winter and hang on the beach and come back and have a great season in the spring.
      sounds like a tool, lol. just smak him and yell "I'M RIGHT!!!"...he'll come around to your way of thinking
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...