• Join Us!
  • self defense bs
  • self defense bs
  • self defense bs
  • self defense bs
  • self defense bs
  • self defense bs
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: self defense bs

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Default self defense bs

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs

• self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      I was quickly thumbing through Black Belt magazine before starting the kids class last nite at the dojo. In a letters to the editor piece someone was commenting on how the schools in this country are dropping the ball with their policy on self defense. i didn't get to read the piece the writer was referring to but i believe they are talking about the policy whereby a student is not allowed to defend themselves physically without being suspended themselves for fighting. they are supposed to run and find a teacher or other school official. i know some of this probably is a knee jerk reaction to school shootings/violence but come on. I remember when my son was in catholic school i had to call the school a few times. There was a kid whose father was a pillar of the communtiry type of person so the school didn't want to address the fact that his son liked to hit other kids. he punched my son once and my son came home and told me and i asked if he mentioned it to the teacher and he said yes and their response was don't be near that kid next time, no punishment, no reprimand. so i told my son despite school policy, that next time this kid put his hands on him, i supported him using physical force to defend himself against him and if the school had a problem with tat, i had his back and called the school and said the same thing to them, that my son, who is also my karate student would not be tolerating any crap like that again and mr x's son would be getting a taste of his a$$ getting slammed if he decided he wanted to get physical with my son again and if mr x had a problem with that then we could get physical too. i said my son was taught by me never to be abusive or offensive to other kids but also not to tolerate anyone physically putting their hands on him. what are we teaching future generations if we teach them to run away from physical threats? to look for others to protect us? do we turn them into another france?
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

mtnmedic is offline Platinum
      is Being patient

I am:
      Cool

Level

Default Re: self defense bs

Run away and find a teacher ? then get your a$$ whooped again for being a sissy and a snitch ?
      Leaders did what others weren't willing to do, now they enjoy the things that others do not.

Terra Explorations
      Our passion never dies !
      ) O (

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i used to fight at the playground 2-3 times a month...from kindergarten, all the way into highschool,lol...that is what we did for fun..
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

venom27 is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 357
      Overall activity: 6.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

haha run away thats funny u fight back once and the bully stops u run away ur an easy target

cashless
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Big Dawg
      I support you 100%. No child deserves to be a punching bag. I say if someone puts their hands on you they drew first blood.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BigDawg View Post
      I was quickly thumbing through Black Belt magazine before starting the kids class last nite at the dojo. In a letters to the editor piece someone was commenting on how the schools in this country are dropping the ball with their policy on self defense. i didn't get to read the piece the writer was referring to but i believe they are talking about the policy whereby a student is not allowed to defend themselves physically without being suspended themselves for fighting. they are supposed to run and find a teacher or other school official. i know some of this probably is a knee jerk reaction to school shootings/violence but come on. I remember when my son was in catholic school i had to call the school a few times. There was a kid whose father was a pillar of the communtiry type of person so the school didn't want to address the fact that his son liked to hit other kids. he punched my son once and my son came home and told me and i asked if he mentioned it to the teacher and he said yes and their response was don't be near that kid next time, no punishment, no reprimand. so i told my son despite school policy, that next time this kid put his hands on him, i supported him using physical force to defend himself against him and if the school had a problem with tat, i had his back and called the school and said the same thing to them, that my son, who is also my karate student would not be tolerating any crap like that again and mr x's son would be getting a taste of his a$$ getting slammed if he decided he wanted to get physical with my son again and if mr x had a problem with that then we could get physical too. i said my son was taught by me never to be abusive or offensive to other kids but also not to tolerate anyone physically putting their hands on him. what are we teaching future generations if we teach them to run away from physical threats? to look for others to protect us? do we turn them into another france?

Phucking Eh, BigDawg - I love it. It is a dangerous policy to teach your kids not to stand up for themselves. Phuck the government!

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I resent that comment about France...lol...But anyways I completely agree with you. The reason why those punks are shooting up schools now days is because they were the ones who ran to the teachers and the teachers never did anything so now they're piss and a gun is the easiest weapon to use.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

pigmeat is offline Platinum
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

teachers should let them punch it out...9 times out of 10 kids end up friends after a playground fight....and once a kid fights back, it is no fun for the bully anymore....thats why people my age, my parents grandparents did not shoot kids at school other than gang fights...we settled it with our hands
      SUPERMOD@ LORDSOFIRON.COM (invite only)

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

I AGREE WITH PIGMEAT . FIGHTS ONLY LAST A FEW MINUTES IF THAT.ONCE ITS OVER ITS OVER SHAKE HANDS AND MOVE ON
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

daved150 is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

yep...i agree...some of my best friends through school was people i faught at diff. stages. once the fights done and the point is made. there's usually a mutaul respect
      HE WHO MAKES A BEAST OF HIMSELF, GET'S RID OF THE PAIN OF BEING A MAN!!

https://www.infinitymuscle.com/forum.php

"Actually for once your actually starting sound quite logical!"-djdiggler 07/10/2007

I LOVE BOOBOOKITTY...

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

it's crazy PC bull s hit
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!

CeasarIM
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Man I had to chime in when i read this.Well when my son was in 4th grade there was this kid that started to push him around, and my son did not do anything about it because the kids father was a cop and the kid used it as leverage .I got all fired up and told him never to back down from anybody,"well dad his father is a cop and blah ,blah ,blah".It just happened that this boys family lived about 10 houses up the street from our home.First I called the school and told them what was going on and told them that I gave my son the permission to defend himself So it would be on record.Now this trouble maker kid would be their issue to correct.Then I walked up the street and knocked on the door and told his father what the situation was and now since he and the school is aware of the situation ,its their responsibility to correct this kids issue.When I got back home my boy was asking if I was scared of going to jail,and why would he ask that question? Well maybe because thats what the schools are starting to instill in the kids "dont fight back and go tell the teacher" ..How about this one "stand up for your self when pushed around" Maybe I'm screwed up in the head and should learn how to be a better parent,I dont know?But the bottom line was that i told him if it would happen again , he should defend himself,and let me deal with his father if need be.Well,guess what ,it happened a couple of weeks later this kid tried the same thing ,my son defended himself AND he beat this kids ass.The school called me talking suspention and this and that.I told them "you were warned" and if you try to suspend my kid for protecting himself you will be dealing with me in court since you didnt do your job as a school.Than this kids father came to my door ,still in his uniform(he worked for a different city than the one we lived in)and started going off about how my kid beat his kid up and tore his new clothes,and some other crap.I said to him ,"you should have talked to your kid so he would know what the rules are in the real world".This dude started cussing me up and down,I calmly looked at him and said ,In my days I kicked lots of guys asses that became cops in the future,so now you are warned.Then I slamed the door in his face.That was one of the best days in my parental life.I still tell that to people with the same kid situations. Nothing against cops,that just happened to be the situation.

Klash is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 184
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs

• self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      • self defense bs
      Quote Originally Posted by CeasarIM View Post
      Man I had to chime in when i read this.Well when my son was in 4th grade there was this kid that started to push him around, and my son did not do anything about it because the kids father was a cop and the kid used it as leverage .I got all fired up and told him never to back down from anybody,"well dad his father is a cop and blah ,blah ,blah".It just happened that this boys family lived about 10 houses up the street from our home.First I called the school and told them what was going on and told them that I gave my son the permission to defend himself So it would be on record.Now this trouble maker kid would be their issue to correct.Then I walked up the street and knocked on the door and told his father what the situation was and now since he and the school is aware of the situation ,its their responsibility to correct this kids issue.When I got back home my boy was asking if I was scared of going to jail,and why would he ask that question? Well maybe because thats what the schools are starting to instill in the kids "dont fight back and go tell the teacher" ..How about this one "stand up for your self when pushed around" Maybe I'm screwed up in the head and should learn how to be a better parent,I dont know?But the bottom line was that i told him if it would happen again , he should defend himself,and let me deal with his father if need be.Well,guess what ,it happened a couple of weeks later this kid tried the same thing ,my son defended himself AND he beat this kids ass.The school called me talking suspention and this and that.I told them "you were warned" and if you try to suspend my kid for protecting himself you will be dealing with me in court since you didnt do your job as a school.Than this kids father came to my door ,still in his uniform(he worked for a different city than the one we lived in)and started going off about how my kid beat his kid up and tore his new clothes,and some other crap.I said to him ,"you should have talked to your kid so he would know what the rules are in the real world".This dude started cussing me up and down,I calmly looked at him and said ,In my days I kicked lots of guys asses that became cops in the future,so now you are warned.Then I slamed the door in his face.That was one of the best days in my parental life.I still tell that to people with the same kid situations. Nothing against cops,that just happened to be the situation.
      You handled that perfectly. I'll have to keep that in mind.

F.y.i. for anyone dealing with a cop.
      I know in my area it is against policy for cops to use their uniform or badge in that way. You could have probably got him in some deep $hit for coming to your house in uniform. He was using his uniform to instill authority in a personal matter. Cops got to be real careful when their off duty about how they present themselves, almost to the point that it would be more of a liability than leverage. [in my area, anyway]