• Join Us!
  • Atlantis Discoveries
  • Atlantis Discoveries
  • Atlantis Discoveries
  • Atlantis Discoveries
  • Atlantis Discoveries
  • Atlantis Discoveries
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Atlantis Discoveries

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Atlantis Discoveries

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries

• Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      The Atlantis Syndrome

by Paul Jordan

Atlantis started with Plato and in his hands it was never a supercivilization of the sort conjectured by later authors; perhaps in strictly Greek terms it was no civilization at all but rather a fatally luxurious elaboration of an essentially barbarian way of life, for all its inception by a god. At all events, it was no seminal civilization: it wasn't the fons et origo of all later civilizations in the world, indeed Athens was its independent contemporary. Both Atlantis and old Athens were, for Plato, but episodes in the ever ongoing cycle of catastrophes and renewals that he saw as the most rational and scientific interpretation to which the world of human experience could be subjected. For him, science and religion were quite bound up together, so that the natural catastrophes were at the same time eras in which the divine light was withdrawn from the world and the equally natural renewals were times when it returned. So rational and obviously true was this scheme of things to Plato that the "problem" of the real historical location and fate of Atlantis that has exercised so many writers after him would have left him cold, or perhaps amused to think of what he had started. We quoted early in this book several passages of Plato to show how he handled stories in his works.

Read the whole article: https://mailbox.univie.ac.at/~muehleb...ssyndrome.html
      Evidence for Existence of Atlantis

Note:
      The following 4 segments contain excerpts from the full length articles listed below.

"This is probably the greatest discovery in World history", was stated by Maxine Asher, the co-director of a scientific expedition that found Atlantis at the bottom of the ocean, reported United Press International and major newspapers in the United States during the summer of 1973. UPI continued that "Maxine Asher said that scuba divers found data to prove the existence of the super-civilization which legend says sank beneath the sea thousands of years ago". "The divers had found evidence of roads and large columns, some with concentric spiral motifs, in the exact place described by the Greek philosopher Plato".

"The group of some 70 scientists, teachers and adventurers was endorsed by Pepperdine University in Los Angeles, California."

The document "History of the Golden Ages" reveals over 30 ruins including pyramids, domes, paved roads, rectangular buildings, columns, canals and artifacts that have been found on the ocean bottoms from the Bahamas to the nearby coasts of Europe and Africa, referencing the vast size of the lost continent.

Dozens of historians and famous writers wrote about the Atlantis they believed existed, how the Myans and Aztecs had told their conquerors that they came from Atlantis and Mu, about ancient tablets photographed in Peru showing those two lost continents, Atlantis and Lemuria, and ancient maps clearly showing Atlantis.

Just some of the ruins so far found include:

* A pyramid explored by Dr Ray Brown on the sea floor off the Bahamas in 1970. Brown was accompanied by 4 divers who also found roads, domes, rectangular buildings, unidentified metallic instruments, and a statue holding a "mysterious" crystal containing miniature pyramids. The metal devices and crystals were taken to Florida for analysis at a university there. What was discovered was that the crystal amplified energy that passed through it.

* Ruins of roads and buildings found off Binini Island in the 1960's by the photographed and published expeditions of Dr Mansan Valentine. Similar ruins were also photographed off Cay Sal in the Bahamas. Similar underwater ruins were found off Morocco and photographed 50 to 60 feet underwater.

* A huge 11 room pyramid found 10,000 feet under water in the mid Atlantic Ocean with a huge crystal top, as reported by Tony Benlk.

* A 1977 report of a huge pyramid found off Cay Sal in the Bahamas, photographed by Ari Marshall's expedition, about 150 feet underwater. The pyramid was about 650 feet high. Mysteriously the surrounding water was lit by sparkling white water flowing out of the openings in the pyramid and surrounded by green water, instead of the black water everywhere else at that depth.

* A sunken city about 400 miles off Portugal found by Soviet expeditions led by Boris Asturua, with buildings made of extremely strong concrete and plastics. He said "the remains of streets suggests the use of monorails for transportation". He also brought up a statue.

* A marble acropolis underwater across five acres of fluted columns raised on pillars.

* Heinrich Schilemann, the man who found and excavated the famous ruins of Troy (which historians thought was only a legend), reportedly left a written account of his discovery of a bronze vase with a metal unknown to scientists who examined it, in the famous Priam Treasure. Inside it are glyphs in Phoenician stating that it was from King Chronos of Atlantis. Identical pottery was found in Tiajuanaco, Bolivia.

Many other examples of roads, buildings and columns are available, many of them made with materials not available in their areas.

Many ancient maps are also known to have Atlantis on them, including the ancient Greek ones studied by Christopher Columbus before he set sail for America.

Ancient writings from the Aztecs, Myans, Greeks, Egyptians, Spain, India, Tibet, and islands in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans all speak of ancient sunken continents and their connection to them.

Human footprints and shoe prints, a perfectly engineered cube, jewelry, a prehistoric animal with a hole in its skull that scientists admit only a bullet could make, a remnant of a screw, and other modern artifacts have been found in layered rock strata geologists admit formed on these objects MILLIONS of years ago. All of these discoveries were printed in public daily newspapers when they occurred, and left out of history books simply because historians could not explain them with THEIR theories.

_______________________--------------------______________________

I've never heard of the discoveries of this stuff, besides the roads and pillars in Bimini which Edgar Cayce predicted would arise some 30 years before they did. I'm going to do some research and see how accurate those discoveries truly are.

The crystal they speak of supposedly is supposed to be the main source of power that ran everything. One of the anti-christs was in search of that crystal.

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Atlantis Discoveries

i saw somewhere the map to atlantis supposedly under the sphinx..not sure i can buy into that but..I used to be into this stuff- check the movie chariots of the gods.
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by solidground View Post
      i saw somewhere the map to atlantis supposedly under the sphinx..not sure i can buy into that but..I used to be into this stuff- check the movie chariots of the gods.
      I read the book. I never knew that was a movie. It's one of my favorites.

Yes it's supposed to have a door in the right foot of the sphinx which leads to the hall of records which was located between the spinx and the nile.

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^that's what Cayce said.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

^ Yes sir.

3Vandoo is offline Platinum
      Overall activity: 11.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh great Art Bell's stuff
      three doodoo is back! Hide your women!

mandarb11 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 268
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

hahaha Art Bell, my dad listens to that radio show......I used to love reading about all these mysteries as a kid, still enjoy it now. Never heard of all these "discoveries" that are claimed.

I believe the author of chariots of the gods was Van Daniken, in his works (I have not read them for many years now) he claims that all human civilization sprung from a race of aliens that exist on a planet in our solar system that orbits the sun in an eliptical orbit and every 70,000 years it comes close to the earth. He goes back to the Sumerian culture and how it seemed to spring from nowhere, the enumu-elish (ancient Babylonian text) and how these aliens, that look like us, set themselves up as gods on our planet.......it sure sounds alot like Tom Cruise and his Scientology.....lol

Interesting stuff nonetheless.

Testify is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I thought Atlanitis was a city on the mediterranean, that sank during an earthquake in ancient times. It was a port city, formerly on the shores of contemporary Egypt, that became a hub of kinds for sea faring travelers and held one of the first libraries in the ancient civilized world . . . or was that Alexandria?

Testify is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

OK, I just read all of your post. I can't help thinking that - if any portion of this were true, wouldn't it be the greatest discovery of modern times? Wouldn't the civilized nations of the world pursue research expeditions to recover and document and analyze these ruins and artifacts?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

There is quite a few areas that people have thought could have been Atlantis. the primary one being the isle of crete and the minoan civilization. they were an advanced seafaring society that dominated the mediterranian until a big catyclism wiped them out (evidence points to a volcanic eruptution and tsunami). Plato though says it was located west of the pillars of hercules which would be somewhere in the atlantic. Alexandria was founded by Alexander long after these stories had circulated (in the 300's BCE).....it would be awesome if there really was an atlantis....

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Antartica is thought to be Atlantis.....Unfortunately there's to much ice to get to the actual land. The thought is it slid into the arctic circle and became frozen. Atleast that is a quick explanation of the thought. Einstein supported that claim.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by DJDIGGLER View Post
      Antartica is thought to be Atlantis.....Unfortunately there's to much ice to get to the actual land. The thought is it slid into the arctic circle and became frozen. Atleast that is a quick explanation of the thought. Einstein supported that claim.
      Hmmm never heard that claim before. And what is this about Einstien? What does he have to do with Atlantis....I never heard those two ever put together. Now the theory of plate techtonics and civilization on the southern pole is quite interesting. Due to continental drift Antartica has been iced over for the last few million years. I have read quite alot about it but never heard these things DJ, can you give me some more info?

horsepwr is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Overall activity: 8.0%
      is just chillin

I am:
      Happy

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries

• Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      • Atlantis Discoveries
      yeah dude, Antarctica has been what it is for millions of years.
      1 up

Go Gators