• Join Us!
  • hectic few weeks
  • hectic few weeks
  • hectic few weeks
  • hectic few weeks
  • hectic few weeks
  • hectic few weeks
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hectic few weeks

BigDawg is offline Super Moderator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      is entering beast mode

I am:
      Awesome

Level
      Blog Entries

Default hectic few weeks

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • hectic few weeks
      • hectic few weeks

• hectic few weeks
      • hectic few weeks
      • hectic few weeks
      • hectic few weeks
      • hectic few weeks
      • hectic few weeks
      Copy and pasted this from my thread over at MU:

First up was the heavy rains we got a week or two ago. When we get flood level rains like we did i get called in on emergency duty to try as best we can to treat the flow coming into the watewater plant and divert the overflow so as little untreated waste as possible makes it into the receiving waters. OT always nice cuz we're there basically around the clock. The ****ty thing is my gram has been in the hospital/nursing home since january awaiting her third knee replacement and i've been taking care of her house as best i can while conducting her business and ****. Well she had a nice big sump pump put in a year or so ago to deal with any ground water that runs off the mountain her house sits at the base of. Being on emergency duty i couldn't get over there so OF COURSE the pump failed and left a foot of water in her house that sat for four days until i got over there. And of course her policy doesn't cover ground water ir the inevitable mold damage that occured except for a $2500 rider she has on the policy so the restoration guys came in and had to rip all the carpet out of the basement, all the panelling and insulation from the basement as well as the drop ceilings and furniture down there. So her once finished basement is all stud work and you can see from one end to the other. Secondly and more heartwrenching for me was my son having his third surgery in less than three years. He had an abcess last november that they drained under his butt cheek that never fully drained and the infection was there still so the abcess was now a fistula that they fix by basically slashing the butt cheek area and opening up so they can clean out the tract that the fistula formed from the pinhole in the rectum wall that the puss and infection traveled down to form the original abcess. Surgery for that went well but the surgeon had scheduled a colonoscopy at the same time to see if there was an underlying reason for the infection and they went about halfway and decided to order a CT scan later to see the whole thing and they took biopsies while they were in there. They say his colon looked abnormal and pale and that they believe he has a bowel disease, either Chrones(SP?) or possibly collitis. My wife is starting to bawl as they are telling us and i'm trying to remain calm all the while thinking if God were in the room i'd be choking his ass asking why the **** did you let thios happen to my child? The guy says it isn't anything life threatening and either one is treatable with diet and medication. They said they didn't think they'd have the biopsy results done by thursday but friday should be good and he'd have his office call us with the results. So after all day waiting with no call my wife calls and they say well who told you that cuz there's no one here on fridays. Pissed me off. As did yesterday's follow up at the surgeon's who also wasn't in. We had a 3:10 appointment and the place was packed. At 3:40 i go back up to the window and say how much longer for his 3:10 appointment and she says about 40 or 50 more minutes. I went off on her saying you have to be ****ing kidding me!! You tell me to make sure he has his pain meds taken about a half hour before the appointment and now his appointment is going to be over 2 hours late? She said sorry but they were running late and i said bull****, you overbooked, i've talked to 4 other people here who have 3:10 appointments and you only have 2 doctors in, how the **** does that not create a ****ing backlog?? Yoou better have him in there soon or someone else here is going to need surgery today. We finally got in and seen but they want to see him again monday and the nurse setting up the appointment said 3:10 okay? And i just kind of tensed up and said so you're really saying 5:05 right? THat will be fine. I got daggers in my back all the way out. On the plus side, after surgery his only concern was waffle fries and chicken at the hospital restaurant on the way out and he is walking around fine, much better than my whiny ass would have been!
      Last edited by BigDawg; 05-04-2007 at 06:39 PM. Reason: i suk
      You may not recognize your mom when you get home, I shaved her back.

I don't have an ego, i just love how awesome i am !!