• Join Us!
  • Invading Iran...Not much of a surprise
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invading Iran...Not much of a surprise

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Invading Iran...Not much of a surprise

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

I'd like to note before I post this that this is one Republican I will vote for when he runs for president. It seems like he's the only one in the government that's head is not up is asss!

Presidential Candidate Fears "Gulf Of Tonkin" To Provoke Iran War
      Developments converge to signify inevitable conflict despite ongoing chaos in Iraq

Paul Joseph Watson
      Prison Planet
      Monday, January 15, 2007

Republican Congressman and 2008 Presidential candidate Ron Paul fears a staged Gulf of Tonkin style incident may be used to provoke air strikes on Iran as numerous factors collide to heighten expectations that America may soon be embroiled in its third war in six years.

Writing in his syndicated weekly column, the representative of Texas' 14th district warns of "a contrived Gulf of Tonkin-type incident (that) may occur to gain popular support for an attack on Iran."

The August 1964 Gulf of Tonkin incident, where US warships were apparently attacked by North Vietnamese PT Boats, was cited by President Johnson as a legitimate provocation mandating U.S. escalation in Vietnam, yet Tonkin was a staged charade that never took place. Declassified LBJ presidential tapes discuss how to spin the non-event to escalate it as justification for air strikes and the NSA faked intelligence data to make it appear as if two US ships had been lost.

Should a staged provocation take place in an attempt to justify striking Iran it would not be the first time the current administration has considered such a ploy.

In February 2006, documents were leaked of a conversation between British Prime Minister Tony Blair and President Bush in which different scenarios to try to provoke Saddam into making a rod for his own back were discussed. One included painting a U.S. spy plane in UN colors and flying it low over Iraq in the hope it would be shot down and the incident exploited as a means of enlisting international support for the 2003 invasion.

Paul, who on Friday announced his intention to run for President in 2008, has resolved to introduce legislation in the coming weeks to head off the drift towards war, encouraging a commitment to policies of dialogue as outlined by the Iraq Study Group.

Commentators largely agree that the furore surrounding President Bush's speech in which he ordered the deployment of a further 20,000 troops to Iraq is a manufactured distraction to divert attention away from alarming developments that grease the skids for an inevitable conflict with Iran.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Get 5 months free at Prison Planet.tv when you sign up for our New Years Special! TV shows, conference footage, field reports, protest clips, in studio camera and audio interviews, books, every Alex Jones film, dozens of other documentaries! Click here to subscribe!
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New York Times and other establishment mouthpieces are busy regurgitating White House propaganda that Iran is supplying weapons to Iraqi insurgents that are killing U.S. troops. As columnist Larry Chin elaborates, "The Bush administration buildup towards Iran is strikingly similar to ******’s campaign against Poland, and the Third Reich’s eventual 1939 blitzkrieg. ******’s final act was to manufacture a "deliberate and cold-blooded provocation", to be blamed on the Poles, which would bring down the vengeance of German armed forces. He accomplished this by putting drugged prisoners from a nearby concentration camp into Polish uniforms and shooting them near a radio station inside the German border. The "Polish attack on the Gleiwitz transmitter" marked the official start of World War Two."

"In ******’s words, "I shall give the propagandist cause for starting the war. Never mind if it is implausible or not."

In reality, the source of the IED technology being utilized by the insurgents goes back to the British security services, from whom it was acquired by the IRA and then sold around the world in the early nineties. Claims that Iran is helping Shia insurgents to make the devices is outright propaganda.

However, the only remaining justification that Neo-Cons cling to in an attempt to sell another conflict to a war-weary American public is the falsehood that American troops are being killed on the battlefield by insurgents with the direct assistance of Iran. This is the only rationale a majority of Americans will accept as grounds for war, overriding spurious warnings about weapons of mass destruction, a yarn they have seen spun once before.

As Chris Floyd points out, "Make no mistake: this is the marker that has now been put down; this is the card that's been laid on the table. The Bush Administration has openly accused Iran of killing American soldiers in Iraq. Again, this is a charge far more resonant, far more effective as a pretext for war than anything offered during the successful stampede to invade Iraq. Even a president as weakened and isolated as Bush is at the moment would be able to get support for an attack on a state that was "killing our soldiers in the field."

It is also now confirmed that the raid on the Iranian liaison office in Iraq, after which five Iranians were arrested and detained, was directly authorized by the White House in an attempt to provoke an Iranian response.

Whether Iran takes the bait or not, American aircraft carriers and nuclear submarines are multiplying in the Persian Gulf and Bush recently appointed Adm. William Fallon, a Navy veteran, to oversee the ground war in Iraq, a contradiction many fear betrays preparation for an air strike on Iran's uranium enrichment facilities which could take place as soon as next month.

Whether the White House or the feverish Israelis will even feel the need to factor in a Gulf of Tonkin event remains to be seen, as the war drums beat ever louder and the next escalation of what the Neo-Cons call "World War Four" awaits final execution.

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Re: Invading Iran...Not much of a surprise

I love the part about ******. He used to use the same rhetoric that bush uses now.

solidground is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 90
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

hey whered you get that? haha..ron paul would initiate huge change, which is why i dont think he has too much of a chance..he has a big part in the movie i was telling you about, freedom to fascism..theres also an individual (forgot his name) just like ron paul running for prime minister in england
      (candidates@google:ron paul )

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

i dont mean to hijack this thread but heres some more infor on ron paul

Ron Paul: Next President Of The USA?
      Texas Congressman enjoys support across political spectrum, anti-war pro-freedom hero represents America's last hope

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones
      Prison Planet
      Friday, January 12, 2007

Ron Paul's office has confirmed reports that the Texas Congressman is set to run for the 2008 Presidency. Paul unites opposition to the war and the police state at home across the entire political spectrum and in contrast to the current gaggle of criminals running the White House, represents everything that America truly stands for. A gargantuan effort in support of Ron Paul needs to be mobilized now to prevent Americans from being hoodwinked once again into electing a different puppet of the same dark establishment in 2008.

Paul first ran for President as the Libertarian candidate in 1988, receiving a massive 400,000 votes. He now commands the support of those all across the political spectrum, from libertarians through anti-war Democrats to real paleoconservative Republicans.

Paul has been in and out of Congress since the 70's and is universally hated by the Republican elite, who routinely back Democrats against him just to try and get him out of office. The former Vietnam flight surgeon is the perfect candidate for President and activists from every corner of every political persuasion should mobilize now in an attempt to help Paul shatter the power monopoly of the Republican and Democrat establishment who have worked together for decades to slit America's throat in the interests of power, greed, and ego - all working towards the realization of a new world order.

The Texan represents a dying breed in Congress, those who actually cast their votes in accordance with the Constitution and not at the discretion of lobbyists or the fear that the elite will tarnish their political careers if they don't continually support the establishment. As a result Ron Paul is the elite's worse nightmare, simply having him on the ticket itself will be a massive public relations blow, and that's why media organs will probably be activated to try and discredit him before 2008.

Paul was one of only a handful of Republicans to vote against the illegal invasion of Iraq, contenting rightly that the Constitution clearly states that only Congress can declare war. In bucking a trend, Paul was anti-war long before the majority of the country came around to a similar way of thinking following the catastrophe of the occupation.

While Democrats soft-peddle and cozy up to Bush, creating phony arguments about the level of troop presence in Iraq and ignoring the majority will of the country to bring the troops home immediately, Ron Paul's opposition to unnecessary wars of intervention has remained steadfast throughout his entire political career.

If a gargantuan effort is made from now until the end of 2008 to heighten Paul's media profile and forward him as America's last hope, he truly has a significant chance of giving Jeb Bush, Rudy Giuliani or whichever elitist puppet the Republicans choose to put forward a real run for their money.

At the very least it's a chance to attract attention to some serious issues and hold the establishment's feet to the fire. But with the favor of the political landscape continually swinging away from the scam repeatedly run by the Republicrats and Democans, we should really start off on a positive footing and consider the fact that Ron Paul, though still an underdog, has a real chance of becoming the next President.

According to the Associated Press, "Paul bills himself as "The Taxpayers' Best Friend," and is routinely ranked either first or second in the House by the National Taxpayers Union, a national group advocating low taxes and limited government."

On every single issue of national importance - borders, the war, limited government, U.S. sovereignty, tax and the federal reserve - Ron Paul stands for populist ideals that the country is screaming out for after seven years of hell under Bush, preceded by eight years of disgrace under Bill Clinton.

Ron Paul voted against the Patriot Act, opposes the draft, advocates the abolition of the income tax, urges the re-introduction of the gold standard, and stands against initiatives to strip the U.S. of its sovereignty such as CAFTA and the FTAA.

From reforming Marijuana laws to supporting an unregulated Internet, to supporting the 2nd amendment, Ron Paul hits home with keystone populist issues across the board.

During several appearances on The Alex Jones Show, Ron Paul has consistently upheld his commitment to civil liberties, slammed the militarized police state that Bush has created and also called for immediate impeachment proceedings to be brought against the current incumbent of the White House.

President Ron Paul could truly return America to the great nation it once was and his decision to run is an exciting development that we should all embrace and stand beside him in the fight to restore some form of dignity to the office of President that has been completely absent since the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963.

"Congressman Ron Paul is a dream candidate, a super patriot, a total Constitutionalist, an American hero."

Phreak is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 157
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

oh come'on man, they're just beggin to be "freed" lol
      so fresh and so clean clean

SpyWizard is offline Established Resident
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 617
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'm voting for him, hell, i'm sending money, and will open an office and run it for them here in Minnesota..
      Ron Paul president 2008

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
      oh come'on man, they're just beggin to be "freed" lol
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by solidground View Post
      hey whered you get that?

I got it at prison planet.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

haha i know i was being sarcastic- i thought it was the article i posted on a myspace bulletin

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Wow! I may actually vote for this guy instead of Hussein Obama!
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

^ i actually like obama too..but ron paul is the epitome of what our country needs and he is everything id want in a president

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

obama, nagel

bipartisan and smart

i'm voting obama hands down

i would have voted for colin powel if he had ever run, one of our country's best leaders in the last 30 years, he said it best, you break it you own it

oh fwiw, ii, i am a libeterian

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by trip View Post
      obama, nagel

bipartisan and smart

i'm voting obama hands down

i would have voted for colin powel if he had ever run, one of our country's best leaders in the last 30 years, he said it best, you break it you own it

oh fwiw, ii, i am a libeterian
      You realize Colin favored all of the crap bush did right? I think it's a big mistake to put any high ranking military officials in the presidential seat. Those peoples lives are based on war, that's not the type of person that should be running a country.

We need to do things diplomatically first, if that doesn't work then get together with the UN. Everybody bashes the UN, but they were right about Iraq. They didn't want to back us up because they smelled a rat, and man were they right!

DJDIGGLER
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

DAMN COMPUTER!!! IT WAS FREEZING UP THEN POSTED MY POST THREE TIMES! CAN A MOD PLEASE DELETE THE PREVIOUS TWO SO THERE'S NOT THREE REPEATS. THANKS.

trip is offline Elite FG Resident
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 321
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

colin is not in the admin anymore

colin has preached for 30 years war is always always always the very last resort

bush used and abused colin with un wmd bs

colin never wanted war, and saw the sham from day one, yet, he's loyal to the hiearchy of military, and thus has said nothing

there was talk of colin powel running in 96 is what i'm refering too

as an american everyone has a right to run

i'm with you all the way on the un, which pisses me off even more about bush, he told em to f themselves, which again is total idiacy

too have world peace, un is our best chance, it is not perfect, yet, it is a start and what will lead that dream in the next 50 years