• Join Us!
  • Open Minded Christians
  • Open Minded Christians
  • Open Minded Christians
  • Open Minded Christians
  • Open Minded Christians
  • Open Minded Christians
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Minded Christians

angryoldman is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Open Minded Christians

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians

• Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      So is there a chance that Jesus and Mary Magedeline could have been married? Was that Mary magdeline in the photo of the Last Supper?
      And how about the lost writings that they found dating back to 4 A.D. with some pretty severe accusations in them? Who possibly wrote the books of Mary, Anthony, and Philip? Just curious. Especially Reverend Todds opinions.
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

Big Mike's speach to Congress telling them to phuque off on the steroid ban:

https://www.moviewavs.com/0049230534/...y/statemnt.mp3

Fitnessgeared's resident Smart ass

O2BESOHUGE is offline ADMINISTRATOR
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Level

Default Re: Open Minded Christians

IM CURIOUS TOO WHAT A "MAN OF THE CLOTH" WOULD HAVE AS OPIONIONS ON THIS TOO
      ..“Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same.”

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

The whole thing with Mary and Jesus having gotten married and kids just doesn't make sense to me at all. Why would someone dedicate himself so strongly to a cause just to completely abandon it? It also seem like there would be some sort of evidence on this and there isn't. If I'm not mistaken the guy that "outed" the Priori of Scion later admitted that he made it up and the documents were frauds. I also remember reading somewhere that he later became head of the PS, now how is it that someone who turned the spotlight on a so called secret organization would later be made their "Grandmaster"? Just doesn't make sense to me.
      Now on the Gnostic Gospels, I wonder about that too. I'm sure that at least some of it could be accurate, there is a huge gap in Jesus' age in the Bible, so..... Oldguy should be able to shed some light on this for us, he's Gnostic if I'm not mistaken.
      Last edited by kite; 12-18-2006 at 09:53 AM.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by O2BESOHUGE View Post
      IM CURIOUS TOO WHAT A "MAN OF THE CLOTH" WOULD HAVE AS OPIONIONS ON THIS TOO
      I actually heard a "Man of the cloth's" Opinion. Not just a man of the cloth, but a PhD at Notre Dame. He said there is quite a possibility that Jesus could have been married. But I would like to hear a man of the cloths opinion on the whole "DaVanci code scandle". Again, open minded. I've heard other closed minded opinions on this subject, and closed minded is like asking a Metallica fan who the best rock group all time is.
      “I don't look ahead... I keep focused on my next opponent. I am looking forward to my next opponent, I don't think past that point.”
      --Manny Pacquiao

BIGFOST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I think its possiable. You have to remember the last supper is a artists painting many moons after the event actually took place. Whos to say Jesus didnt get married. Jews in that time period were married very young. Wow this is a deep conversation.

Gooseneck is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 576
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I dont believe it. If you are the son of God, than why would you have to have sex to reproduce. Remember the virgin Mary ?? Also, if Jesus was devine in his love, how could he love another human to marry ??

BIGFOST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

This question is a little off the subject but whatever. Do you think Jesus was born knowing he was the son of God? Do you think he came to relize this over time?

Testify is offline Elite FG Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I think it is possible - probably likely - that Jesus and Mary were married. Remember that it was very uncommon for a man to be unwed in that time. Also, there is nothing sinful about being married. That notion of abstinence equating to purity is a Catholic invention. Whether they had kids I don't know - probably so if they were married.

However I do believe that Peter is the feminine figure in the painting. DaVinci lived 1500 years after Christ, so he doesn't know anything that we don't. Peter was the youngest of all the disciples, and young men were often portrayed with feminine features to accent their youth.

Another thing to remember is that the Catholic church had a conference way back (I forget the name and date) to decide what should be included in the Bible, and what should be left out. The church is/was not a purely spiritual institution. They had great power that they wished to preserve, and so this was an opportunity to strengthen their position atop the political sphere.

Now Jesus tells us that after his time there will be many false profits, and some manuscripts a clearly fraudulent or in opposition to the majority. Who knows whether the Church made wise choices about the bible, and whether it accurately represents the complete message of God? I bet things were added and/or ommitted here and there to maintain the church as the all-powerful bridge between man and God. Don't doubt that they had some self-serving motives in their decision making process. I think they deemphasis of Mary (an possibly a family) is one example.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by BIGFOST View Post
      This question is a little off the subject but whatever. Do you think Jesus was born knowing he was the son of God? Do you think he came to relize this over time?
      These new writings that were found dating back to 4 AD paint the picture of a young Jesus who was just like any young child. Sort of mischeiveous to say the least. But they also paint the picture of that when he was growing up, he realized his abilities and started to understand who he was, and what his abilities were to be used for. They were to be used for good, not bad.
      Again, not saying I believe this. But the carbon dated writings back to 4 AD paint this picture.
      --Manny Pacquiao

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by angryoldman View Post
      These new writings that were found dating back to 4 AD paint the picture of a young Jesus who was just like any young child. Sort of mischeiveous to say the least. But they also paint the picture of that when he was growing up, he realized his abilities and started to understand who he was, and what his abilities were to be used for. They were to be used for good, not bad.
      Again, not saying I believe this. But the carbon dated writings back to 4 AD paint this picture.
      You're talkin about when he supposedly got pissed at another kid, killed him and then brought him back? I gotta tell ya, if I could, I sure as hell would. What an outstanding punishment for child molestors, rapists, etc... just beat them *****es to death, bring em back and do it again.

supasaiyan99 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Interesting topic.
      NO PAIN, NO GAIN
      KNOW PAIN, KNOW GAIN

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
      You're talkin about when he supposedly got pissed at another kid, killed him and then brought him back? I gotta tell ya, if I could, I sure as hell would. What an outstanding punishment for child molestors, rapists, etc... just beat them *****es to death, bring em back and do it again.
      Partly true. They say he killed a child out of anger. The child he brought back to life they say fell from a roof that they were playing on. And he brought a baby back to life for a mother. Supposedly, that is when the writings said Jesus started to realize who he was, and that his power was to be used for good instead of evil.
      --Manny Pacquiao

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by angryoldman View Post
      So is there a chance that Jesus and Mary Magedeline could have been married? Was that Mary magdeline in the photo of the Last Supper?
      And how about the lost writings that they found dating back to 4 A.D. with some pretty severe accusations in them? Who possibly wrote the books of Mary, Anthony, and Philip? Just curious. Especially Reverend Todds opinions.
      No, I don't believe they were married. Just look at all the teachings giving aobut being a good husband. What kind of husband, or father, would Jesus have been to just abandon them? It contradicts everything he stood for. Besides, don't you think if they were married that atleast one of the four Gospels would have emntioned something?

As for the last supper, it's not a photo, it's a painting that was done over a thounsand years later. They have no idea who really sat where or what anyone actually looked like. It's not like it was painted while they sat there. It's like 'me' painting a scene of you and your friends when you were kids. How the heck would i know what any of you looked like?

What you have to realize about many writings is that they were written by the Gnostics and were written 200 to 350 years after Jesus death. How could that be credible? When the books of the Bible were collected it was done so by men appointed to review the legitimacy of each book. Books written hundreds of years after Jesus death the contradicted those written by eyewitnesses were clearly deemed inaccurate. For example, if I write down one of my childhood stories and some guy writes down their version of the story 200 years after I'm dead, which one is more credible? Thus, that is why the Gnostic writings are not in the Bible. Also, there were books circulating around about Jesus life as a child, but there were written by men who never knew Jesus, nor did they know him as a child. How on earth could someone logically accept that as credible? This is why many texts of that time were not included in the Bible. It all boils down to Gods will. If one truely believes God to be all powerful, all knowing and in all places at the same time, then he believes that the Bible is exactly as God intended it to be. Those books left out were left out as part of Gods will. To suggest otherwise would be the same as saying God is not all powerful, not all knowing and that man has more control than God. We have the choice to choose whatever we want in life, but make no mistake, God already knows what we are going to choose. To suggest he doesn't is to say he is not omniscient. He either is or he isn't, there's no grey area.
      Last edited by T-Man007; 12-18-2006 at 01:25 PM.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

Stout1 is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 62
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by Testify View Post
      Another thing to remember is that the Catholic church had a conference way back (I forget the name and date) to decide what should be included in the Bible, and what should be left out. The church is/was not a purely spiritual institution. They had great power that they wished to preserve, and so this was an opportunity to strengthen their position atop the political sphere.

Now Jesus tells us that after his time there will be many false profits, and some manuscripts a clearly fraudulent or in opposition to the majority. Who knows whether the Church made wise choices about the bible, and whether it accurately represents the complete message of God? I bet things were added and/or ommitted here and there to maintain the church as the all-powerful bridge between man and God. Don't doubt that they had some self-serving motives in their decision making process. I think they deemphasis of Mary (an possibly a family) is one example.

This is my major problem with organized religion.
      Thomas Jefferson - "When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny."

BIGFOST
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians

• Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      • Open Minded Christians
      There are many gospels that talk about Mary and Jesus being a pair. Those books were not placed in the Bible because they threatened the Catholic churchs power. Consitine (sp i know) saw his empire being torn apart because every little villiage had thier own version and ideas about what happened. So he got them all together sorted out what they didnt like and what they did and created the Bible as the Catholic Church knows it. This is fact. There are many other gospels out there that hold some crediabity even though they arent in the Bible. I hope that makes sense.