• Join Us!
  • The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Me
  • The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Me
  • Join Us!

• Get the Fitness Geared Forum App Now!

• Join Us!
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Me

T-Man007 is offline Elite Senior Resident
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Me

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Metabolism

M. Pärssinen1,2, T. Karila1,2, V. Kovanen3, T. Seppälä1
      1 National Public Health Institute, Laboratory of Substance Abuse, Helsinki
      2 Institute of Biomedicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Helsinki
      3 Department of Health Sciences, University of Jyväskylä, Finland

We examined the effect of supraphysiological doses of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) on collagen metabolism and whether the changes reflect the alterations in muscle, bone, and tendon collagen metabolism, possibly in a tissue-specific manner. Serum carboxyterminal propeptide of type I procollagen (PICP), carboxyterminal telopeptide of type I collagen (ICTP), aminoterminal propeptide of type III procollagen (PIIINP), urine hydroxylysylpyridinoline (HP), and lysylpyridinoline (LP) as well as urine creatinine were determined from 17 men abusing AAS. Measurements were made twice during the intake of AAS and twice during the subsequent withdrawal period. When the volunteers were on steroids, their serum PIIINP concentrations and urine HP/LP ratio were significantly higher and their serum ICTP concentrations were significantly lower than during the withdrawal period (p < 0.05). Serum PIIINP correlated with total cumulative doses of injectable intramuscular steroids, and serum ICTP correlated with the duration of the steroid intake period (p < 0.05). The results suggest that high doses of AAS decrease the degradation and seem to increase the synthesis of type I collagen. Furthermore, high doses of AAS are suggested to enhance soft tissue collagen metabolism on the basis of increased type III collagen synthesis and elevated HP/LP ratio during the steroid administration period. Although the tissue-specific turnover of collagen of soft connective tissues remains unknown, the turnover of bone collagen seems not to change following the use of high doses of AAS, at least within the time interval of the present study.
      I used to have superhuman powers....until my therapist took them away.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Me

https://ethesis.helsinki.fi/julkaisut...a/adversee.pdf

Go to this link (it's a PDF) then go to the page tab on the left side then go to page 53 and read Conclusion #4. It states that AAS enhances collagen synthesis.

kite is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: The Effect of Supraphysiological Doses of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids on Collagen Me

I didn't read the whole thing but what do they consider "abuse"?
      I've heard that before about the collogen. The drugs that increase this, from what I remember, are var, ot, eq and deca.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
      I didn't read the whole thing but what do they consider "abuse"?
      I've heard that before about the collogen. The drugs that increase this, from what I remember, are var, ot, eq and deca.
      I've 'heard' that too, but I've been searching the medical journals for weeks now and I haven't found one medical study to support that. The only one is for Deca and that was in women who were postmenapausal (sp).

Even the the whole test under 200mg/wk will raise collagen and test over 200 mg/wk will reduce it, it's no where in the online medical journals.

mick-G is offline Elite Senior Resident
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Deca and EQ with help in increasing collegen. The thing is how long after use will it continue?? I don't take too much stock in med journals, because alot of their studies are based on concluding positive/negative studies that are swayed by politics and grant monies. I believe most of the studies on deca, are on bone density and post menopausal women. It is proven in more than one study that deca does increase bone density. Even this link that you post up is very generalized and doesn't give dosages and is done with participants where age/weight and other variables are not given and some are based on ppl that have medical conditions and not a normal healthy group.