• Join Us!
  • firstenrgy
  • firstenrgy
  • firstenrgy
  • firstenrgy
  • firstenrgy
  • firstenrgy
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: firstenrgy

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default firstenrgy

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy

• firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      hey bro, i have been thinkin about what your doc said. about stayin on HGH 7 days a week and your igf levels bein screw up afterwards. can u ask him this for me. it just doesn't make sense to me. if your natural HGH production is not hurt, then how could it effect your igf levels. from my understanding your liver turns GH into igf. so if one is not effected how can the other be?

firstenrgy is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: firstenrgy

My next appointment is Feb 4th, I'll ask then.
      I believe they check IGF levels to see how much HGH is being produced or introduced via injection. So if you used HGH 7 days a week for many years and it DID permanatly effect your natural HGH production, then a blood test would reveal lower than normal IGF levels right? So the reason your IGF levels would be off (low) is from the lack of natural HGH being produced. This was the way it was explained to me. I hope this helped? I'll try to get a little more feedback on how many people and what doses. I do remember him using the example of a retired NFL player he treated that was losing lean mass rather quckly and blood tests revealed very low IGF levels. When asked if he used HGH he said yes. When asked what dose, he said in excess of 6iu's a day for over 8 years.
      firstenrgy

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

well thats a quite a bit more than what any of us do. 8 years @ 6ius a day is alot more than 3ius for one year. if all of his examples are like that then i would think its from the long term use not from the 7 day a week thing. ask him if he knows guys who have used it for 8 years with a 2 day off routine. if not then i think its kinda inacurate to say its from 7 days a week, don't you agree? to me thats kinda like stayin on juice for years and then when u have horrible natural test levels you say oh shit i shouldn't have done a gram a week of test. from my understanding, when u shoot hgh at correct times seeing that it has such a short life you don't supress your natural production at all. your body still makes HGH along with what you inject. can u actually print my post here and ask him to comment on it for me. i would really appreciate it!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I'll address it at my next visit. He did seem quite confident that 5 on 2 off was the best route to go but I'll press the issue. I'm dying to call him but he won't talk on the phone. Shoot me an e-mail at firstenrgy@hushmail.com . I'll be able to offer some more info.
      firstenrgy

edvedr
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

bump. hey bro did ya talk to ur doc?

CJWolf
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by firstenrgy
      My next appointment is Feb 4th, I'll ask then.
      I believe they check IGF levels to see how much HGH is being produced or introduced via injection. So if you used HGH 7 days a week for many years and it DID permanatly effect your natural HGH production, then a blood test would reveal lower than normal IGF levels right? So the reason your IGF levels would be off (low) is from the lack of natural HGH being produced.
      Increased Somatotroph (GH) levels in the blood will cause an increase in the amount of Somatomedin C (IGF-1) production in the liver. IGF is not homologous to GH at all. It's closest derivative is actually proinsulin.

Patients having Growth Hormone Deficiency along with having a lack of growth hormone will also fail to produce IGF in the liver. Whereas Patients suffering from Gigantism/Acromegaly will have highly elevated GH levels and also elevated IGF levels.

Post cycle the body has high amounts of Growth Hormone Inhibiting Hormone (GHIH aka Somatostatin) due to the negative feedback of high levels of GH. Therefore until the body realizes that the GH levels are low and secretes Growth Hormone Releasing Hormone (GHRH) no endogenous GH production occurs and no stimulus of IGF secretion occurs.

Generally, IGF and GH levels are related unless some defect is present.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

So isn't that saying what I have understood from the information I received? Assuming (and that is the big question) that prolonged GH use decreased the amount of GH produced... and therefore will reduce IGF levels?
      I still stand firm until studies are done that we should be careful with GH administration. If you permamantly effect your test levels... it'll cost you $40-$80 a month in HRT. If you f-up your GH, it could be expensive. Just a thougth.

CJWolf
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy

• firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      • firstenrgy
      yes, basically low GH levels will also lead to low IGF-1 levels;

the only problem is that studies are only done on people with chronic hypopituitary conditions rather than people who simply have temporarily low GH levels. So it's not know how long it takes for the body to begin producing endogenous GH.

Permanantly suppressing the pituitary gland would be one of the worst consequences I can think of. But it would seem from so many people using GH that the body is pretty resilient.