• Join Us!
  • San V12 and Swole V2 Bad for u?
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: San V12 and Swole V2 Bad for u?

Lich is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 49
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default San V12 and Swole V2 Bad for u?

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Discovered a very well written article from:
      https://www.t-nation.com/findArticle....icle=295naked2

Check it out, its some good info. Although im not going to say whats what, its something to take into consideration.

"Main part of the article regaurding this post"
      Dangerous Creatine?

No, this isn’t the tagline for a new type of creatine, it means that there’s a semi-popular creatine-like product on the market that may actually be harmful to your health. What’s worse is that there are now several copycat products on the market as well! As if that wasn’t bad enough, one of the potentially dangerous compounds (oh yes, there’s more than one!) that this product contains is ergolytic; i.e. something that decreases athletic performance.

This potentially dangerous ergolytic chemical is Guanidinopropionic Acid (GPA), which binds the creatine transporter and plugs it up so creatine can’t be transported into various tissues (similar to the concept of tamoxifen blocking the estrogen receptor, not allowing estrogen to bind). This is a problem, because most of our tissues can’t make creatine so it has to be transported in, and blocked transporters means a reduction in cellular creatine levels.

Bear in mind that creatine isn’t just a supplement, it’s a naturally occurring substance in our bodies that we need to survive! You know the impact of having 20% more creatine, now imagine having 80% less creatine! GPA induced creatine depletion can not only reduce muscle strength after a mere seven days of consumption (Gagnon et al., 2002), but has also been shown to convert fast-twitch muscle to slow-twitch (Ren et al., 1995)! So this substance might make you weaker and slower!

While these consequences should be enough to make you avoid supplements containing this chemical, there’s also a potentially dangerous side to consider: both our hearts and our brains have creatine transporters!!! Any time you start to mess around with our two most vital organs, it can’t be good. Fortunately, the brain seems to temporarily compensate for decreases in energy supply caused by GPA (O'Gorman et al., 1996), but do we really want our bodies to have to adapt to reduced energy levels? Of course not!

We also don’t want our hearts to be affected by GPA supplementation, but they are! In fact, 3 different studies showed that creatine levels in the heart dropped by 80-87% with GPA consumption in rats (Boehm et al., 2003, Neubauer et al., 1999; Horn et al., 2001). Now you can see why it’s nearly impossible to perform human studies using this substance! Clearly, you have to wonder what the manufacturers were thinking when they approved production of this supplement.

"But wait, there’s MORE! Order now and you’ll get another potentially dangerous ingredient for free!" One particular supplement ("SWOLE") combines GPA with another potentially dangerous substance known as Glycocyamine (G-amine). Sadly, G-amine (also known as guanidinoacetate) has been picked up by a few different supplement companies who obviously don’t do any research on what they’re getting people to ingest.

The reason G-amine is so popular (from a marketing standpoint, not from the consumers’) is because it is the precursor to creatine. Just like Testosterone can come from andro, creatine comes from G-amine. The theory is that you jack up G-amine levels and you get a whole bunch more creatine. The really asinine part is that, you can just directly take creatine!

We can’t take Testosterone due to legal reasons, so we have to find other ways to increase its levels—enter prohormones (among other effective things). But for our purposes, there’s no reason to worry about creatine precursors because we can just take the substance directly. The whole precursor concept is really hot when it comes to marketing to laymen, which is where this supplement takes off.

Unfortunately, consuming this chemical seems to have the undesirable effect of elevating blood levels of a substance called homocysteine, which is a very strong risk factor for cardiovascular disease (Stead et al., 2001). Cardiovascular disease is easily the number one killer in the Western World, and the last thing we need to do is increase our risk for it. Conversely, taking creatine decreases homocysteine levels, raising even more therapeutic possibilities for this supplement. As if to spit on your grave, if you’re supplementing with creatine, G-amine may also decrease its uptake by muscles (Zugno et al., 2003).
      "I want to be so big, that I can get a pump from doing shrugs with just the weight of my arms"

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

All of that info was taken from the T-Mag site and Link that I gave you.
      "I want to be so big, that I can get a pump from doing shrugs with just the weight of my arms"

bnizil72
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default so what is good

i have heard a lot of hype on the syn v12, ir that is not good for you what kind of creatine would you use

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Oops! I meant to correct this, I got some better base foundation facts.

GPA is still considered "semi-dangerous" to health and doesnt prove any real benifiet including it in the creatine. So with that, I WOULD stay away from Swole V2.

But! Sans V12 is actually a good product. If u do no respond to creatine monohydrate, the creatine precursor they includ, along with the new type of creatine have been working well for ppl. As for the heightened chance for cardio disease due to the creatine precursor, its very small, because the liver takes care of it, but even betterm sans v12 is in betaine form which should prevent it all together.

So basically if u dont respond to creatine, go get a hyped up creatine and see how it works, u should feel a difference, but always check the label and stay away from GPA.

IntensityX is offline Member
      Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 286
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

My honest opinion is that tmag which is biotests magazine will say anything to detour people from using other companies supps,all they care about is that you buy their shit and no one elses so they are going to come up with some sort of studies like this to slam their competition,they think their supps is the best in the industry but I got news for them,they aren't and what's saying that their supps have some sort of dangerous compound in them,now I'm not saying that the above article is true or not but don't be surprise if all it is,is just to scare people to buying their shit,by the way most of tmags articles is a bunch of horseshit anyway but I'll leave it up to you people to judge yourself on what you want to do.
      Eat,Learn,Train,Grow,Shit,Shave and Shower

RIP Gearedup

Administartor/Owner@IntensityXtremeMuscle
      Mod@AnabolicMonsterz

Mod@ livin
      Mod@MassiveGains
      Vet@Beyondmass
      Vet@Massmonsterz
      Vet@Anabolic-Support
      Vet@BodybuildingCentral
      Vet@ChemicalFitness
      MOB Member@SculptedByIron

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Try my reading my reply