• Join Us!
  • What to ask for?  Blood Work
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to ask for? Blood Work

rude is offline Senior Resident
      Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 14
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default What to ask for? Blood Work

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

Okay, I have decided to visit a doctor to get my blood work done, but I dont have insurance, and I dont know what to ask for. So, what would I ask the doc to check for? What kind of Blood work? Also, for those that have gotten their blood work done, and dont have insurance, what would you estimate the price would be?
      "I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a sacrifice -- the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask"?
      ROMANS 12:1

mick10-07 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Its pretty cheap. All you need is cholesterol and liver function tests. You have to specify if you want test counts. Ask for the 0-1000 scale test if you want.(for test levels)

thats really all you need.
      I'm a Muscle Farmer....This years Crop is gunna be awesome.

Gyno is sexy!

AZ1
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

goin to the doc may be an expensive way to go compared to directlabs, I saw the bill for all the shit my doc drew on me and it was like 470 bucks. for a complete metabolic panel, complete blood count, igf1, total and free testosterone, and estradiol. Before we tell you what you need to ask for you need to tell us exactly what it is you want to check! Liver and kidneys, testosterone, blood count, cholesterol, electrolytes, estrogen etc??

FUZO is offline FUZO
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Awards:
      Posting Award
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Cool

Level
      Blog Entries

COMPLETE CBC WITH LIVER ,KIDNEY ,THYROID FUCTION
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

Please take the time to read these threads!

Fitness Geared Shoutbox rules

FG member signature rules

Fitness Geared Forum Rules

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f334/

https://www.fitnessgeared.com/forum/f283/

https://www.tgbsupplements.com/

Pheedno is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 213
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

In the depths of a mind that those of this world could not fathom
      Level

CBC should inlcude liver and kidney function. You have to supplement a testosterone panel(dont just get Total Test) and possibly a thyroid panel
      "The tragedy of life is not found in failure but complacency. Not in you doing too much, but doing too little. Not in you living above your means, but below your capacity. Never failure but low aim, is life's greatest tragedy"- Benjamin Mayes

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"- George Bernard Shaw

prot is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 173
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Why spend the money at all? The tests will tell you what? You should be able to tel if you are recovering properly and cholesterol tests are worthless and liver tests are of no value unless you are turning yellow. Some liver enzymes are elevated by exercise and even if you had damage it can repair itself. If you go to a doctor none of these is too cheap and unless you tell him/her what you need you will not be able to interpret it well.

Drenten
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Originally posted by prot
      Why spend the money at all? The tests will tell you what?
      The tests are used as a diagnostic tool to help you get feedback as to what the impact is of the particular drugs that you are using. Without the tests you could be causing all kinds of damage to your body; damage that could be avoided by simply switching to another drug that isn’t as harsh on your body.

With me, Anadrol and Winstrol cause my blood tests to get way out of range, but D-bol, even in really big dosages, doesn’t cause much of a change. Without getting regular blood tests I would never have known how bad Anadrol was for me personally, and I could have spent years worth of cycles causing unnecessary damage to my liver.

Many can use Anadrol without any problem – I can’t. Many can’t use D-bol – I can. Without the information from blood tests you have know tangible way of knowing.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Why spend the money at all? The tests will tell you what? You should be able to tel if you are recovering properly and cholesterol tests are worthless and liver tests are of no value unless you are turning yellow. Some liver enzymes are elevated by exercise and even if you had damage it can repair itself. If you go to a doctor none of these is too cheap and unless you tell him/her what you need you will not be able to interpret it well.
      With base line numbers, testing is absolutely a worthy dollar spent. How do you know your recovered with out testing? Because your balls are big and you have erections
      Liver enzymes are elevated for many reasons, but thats why you have to do a GGT/CK comaprison to your ALT and AST.
      Cholesterol check worthless? I was quite satisifed with my decesion to have blood work down when i found out my HDL was in the teens with letro administration. With L-dex, I see no adverse effects. And before you say, it doesn't matter, one test shows nothing, it takes many tests of consistant numbers to difinitively nail down a concern. I get blood work once a month while on.

Prot, I think you just find it satisfying to disagree with a majority, you do the exact same thing on AR. Hey, doesn't bother me any, gives the rest of us a chance to state exactly why our recommendations are correct.
      "The tragedy of life is not found in failure but complacency. Not in you doing too much, but doing too little. Not in you living above your means, but below your capacity. Never failure but low aim, is life's greatest tragedy"- Benjamin Mayes

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"- George Bernard Shaw

Governor is offline Respected Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 217
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

no one listen to this, this is completely and utterly wrong. Blood tests are a must for steroid users.
      "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas."
      - Joseph Stalin

Power perceived is power achieved.

Unless you are the lead dog, the view never changes.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by Colorao
      Oof, ldex killed my lipids. The tren didnt help either. =)
      Were you using a SERM alongside it?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

So from this advice on the thread we discover that all steroid users must have blood tests and they must have them often to establish a baseline. Who pays for all these. I just don't think its practical.

I am intouch with my body..it already told me anadrol doesnt agree with me and dbol is ok, It also tells me I don't need any anti E because I never exceed 750mg test a week and I get no bloat and no gyno. Anti es destroy my libido also and from what I read they usually are bad for your lipids (although this is overrated as a problem because real heart disease has nothing to do with cholesterol)....I know what gear works for me from trial and error..like everyone learns. Expensive blood tests are a luxury I cant afford and most insurers wont pay for them ..my last one only authorized them every 5 years.

Impractical advice is confusing and I do not advocate bullshit just because the concensus is that bullshit smells good.

Pheedno I have the greatest respect for Big Cat, who set you straight in the sticky on "fina cough". He is an expert and will explain why antie are not neccessary if you read BB.com and do a search on "Why anties are not neccessary".

I don't contribute much because these boards are full of people who don't think, just regurgitate myths and fables about steroids. Sonmetimes I wonder if most have even used. I have and my body tells me no anadrol and no tren. These are things I learned by trying them...I have had years of experience and "steroid experts" only exist where they are open to learning new things and listening to others opinions.

mick10-07 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 322
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Anyway........I only get tested once a year, after doing about 3 cycles. Your body will let you know if something is wrong. This isn't rocket science, pay attention to your body and get checked if you feel you need to.

why waste money when you dont have too.
      I'm a Muscle Farmer....This years Crop is gunna be awesome.

Gyno is sexy!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default exactly what I was saying

Originally posted by mick10-07
      Anyway........I only get tested once a year, after doing about 3 cycles. Your body will let you know if something is wrong. This isn't rocket science, pay attention to your body and get checked if you feel you need to.

why waste money when you dont have too.
      Knowing your body is the key...

I don't contribute much because ignorance like Colorao's is endemic on these boards where any opinion not agreeing with the majority is deemed wrong and "negative". Being unable to appreciate differences of opinion is truly a sign of an uneducated mind.

I could afford blood tests but I'd rather spend my money on supplements to make me healthier, rather than on lab results which really don't inform but just raise questions. Incidentally, people being afraid to question anything said by an "authority" is why we will spend 200 billion dollars in Iraq on Bush's folly. It ios also the reason Bush is pushing anti steroid bullshit to cater to the uneducated masses who buy into the myths of steroid use. I am quite negative when it comes to ignorance...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: exactly what I was saying

Knowing your body is the key...

I don't contribute much because ignorance like Colorao's is endemic on these boards where any opinion not agreeing with the majority is deemed wrong and "negative". Being unable to appreciate differences of opinion is truly a sign of an uneducated mind.

I could afford blood tests but I'd rather spend my money on supplements to make me healthier, rather than on lab results which really don't inform but just raise questions. Incidentally, people being afraid to question anything said by an "authority" is why we will spend 200 billion dollars in Iraq on Bush's folly. It ios also the reason Bush is pushing anti steroid bullshit to cater to the uneducated masses who buy into the myths of steroid use. I am quite negative when it comes to ignorance...
      How intuitive and noble of you to exclude yourself from the boards for fear of curing(or is it contributing) this "epidemic"

I understand your opinion on blood work. I do think your wrong, at least to the extent of measuring recovery. If I'm introducing a new drug, I like to know exactly what it's effect is. If you were to only administer X number of compounds on every cycle, then I think a pre and post cycle CBC and testosterone panel would be suffecient, but to denounce the notion of blood work all together is pretty ignorant. I take this pretty serious though. I'm my own experiment; kind of like a hobby.
      Also, considering what a cycle costs, blood work is pretty inexpensive(about $90 without ins.)

"questioning authority" as you put it is a healthy thing, I agree on that, but I do feel it's subject dependant.

You seem very angry and defensive prot

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: exactly what I was saying

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!

double