• Join Us!
  • critique diet please
  • critique diet please
  • critique diet please
  • critique diet please
  • critique diet please
  • critique diet please
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Thanks Thanks:  0
    Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: critique diet please

DOA
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Question critique diet please

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • critique diet please
      • critique diet please

• critique diet please
      • critique diet please
      • critique diet please
      • critique diet please
      • critique diet please
      • critique diet please
      I tried these higher percentage carb diets (about 50 - 60% of total calories) with moderate protein intake and all they got me was fucking bloated and fat.

Yes I do use AS and I was wondering if you guys can look at this one I put together and see what you all think. I do cardio in the Target HEart Rate Zone 2 to 3 times per week. All my carbs I DID use on the diet were complex and rated at 60 or below on GI index. And still I was putting on some chub. I know cause I get Hydro tested every 90 days.

Here is the diet I would like to try from now on:

Meal 1

2pcs 100% whole wheat toast
      1 small fruit
      3 eggs, scrambled (2 whites and 1 whole)
      2 cans of tuna
      1c coffee, black

Meal 2

1 Chicken Breast
      1 Pork Chop
      1c of Vegetables
      1c Brown Rice

Meal 3

1 Chicken Breast
      1 can of tuna
      1c peanuts

Meal 4

2 hamburger patties (4 - 6oz ea)
      2 slices of cheese

2pcs 100% whole wheat bread
      7 slices of Turkey breast
      4 slices of Ham

Meal 5

2 Pork Chops
      1 can of tuna
      1c of vegetables

Meal 6

IsoPure Shake
      small garden salad

Slightly Enhanced is offline FG Resident
      Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 622
      Overall activity: 0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Two points to make. Increase your unsaturated fats. You can do this by adding flax oil to your shake or by buying it in capsules. Also you should include fish oil, which you will buy in capsule form. Other sources include soy milk, nuts, etc.

YOU MUST NOT CONSUME THAT MUCH TUNA. That is way too much because of the mercury that it conatins.

Check out this Google search for more info on mercury in tuna and other fish.

https://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ry+levels+tuna
      R.I.P. GearedUp

Lord, make me strong, and let the weak find comfort in my strength.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Doctors Warn Of Mercury Levels In Fish
      Department Of Health Sets Safe Levels

POSTED: 12:44 p.m. EST November 19, 2003
      UPDATED: 12:59 p.m. EST November 19, 2003

BOSTON -- You hear it all the time -- eat more fish since a couple of servings a week could help protect against heart disease and cancer.

NewsCenter 5's Heather Unruh reported that mercury-contaminated fish poses a risk. So, how safe is the fish you feed your family?

NewsCenter 5 traveled the state, buying fish from Cambridge, Gloucester, Lawrence, Framingham and New Bedford. Our catch was swordfish and tuna steaks -- fish more at risk for mercury contamination due to size and age. The fish looks and smells fresh, but specialized laboratory testing reveals what our eyes cannot see -- methylmercury -- a potent neurotoxin present in every steak.

"Mercury, and particularly methylmercury, affects the brain and the nervous system. And now more recently, there's evidence coming out that mercury may affect heart and cardiovascular health in adults," Boston University Public Health Dr. Roberta White said.

According to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, it's safe to eat fish with mercury levels under 0.5 parts per 1 million. Four of 10 randomly tested fish were either at or above that level. One tuna steak was as high as 0.8.

"You know my first reaction when I saw this, was more of a reality check for me," Massachusetts Department of Public Health spokeswoman Suzanne Condon said.

Condon said that it was validation for issuing a mercury advisory in Massachusetts two years ago, warning kids under 12 and women -- pregnant, nursing or in child bearing years -- to avoid eating shark, swordfish, king mackerel, tilefish and tuna steak.

"The real danger here is to the developing fetus, the developing child," Condon said.

"If you get enough mercury, you can have brain effects at any age," White said.

At 18, Mel Pforr couldn't get enough canned tuna.

"I didn't feel right almost if I didn't eat my can of tuna fish. I was eating a can a day at least. At one point, I was up to a can and a half a day," Pforr said.

Then his behavior changed and grades plummeted. Blood and urine tests uncovered a high mercury level -- almost four times what the state considers safe.

"It was right then I said there's my answer I'd been looking for two years for some sort of an answer to the behavioral differences," Pforr's mother, Judy, said.

"I think it was mercury poisoning," Mel Pforr said.

Doctors at Children's Hospital agreed, but the fishing industry calls that speculation.

"There has never been a documented case of mercury poisoning from commercial fish in the United States," Mike Gorton Sr., chairman and CEO of Slade Gorton, said.

Gorton said that he too has a high mercury level, but isn't concerned.

"The benefits of eating seafood far outweigh any risks particularly because of the omega three fatty acids and the low fat protein," Gorton said.

Slade Gorton sticks by the FDA's safe level of 1 part mercury per million, which all of NeweCenter 5's samples tested below. The best advice is to eat certain fish in moderation. Unless, according to White, you're pregnant.

"If you're worried about your child's brain development, you know, I think you would err on the side of caution," White said.

That doesn't mean giving up fish. Experts say that would be a greater health risk than low doses of mercury. You should try to eat two weekly servings. Salmon, sole, tilapia, cod, pollack, and most shellfish are all considered safe.
      Copyright 2003 by TheBostonChannel. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
      R.I.P. GearedUp

DOA
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

That is scary to say the least!!!! You think I could substitute a can of tuna with a can of albaccore or something??? I think maybe one can would be ok then per day, would you agree. I just think it is a ***** to find a good bulking diet that works. I was reading way back when during Arnold's time they were more into higher protein and fats than they were in carbs. THe carbs were in the low-moderate range so they were able to stay leaner with out all the bloating that comes with excess crb use.

I have also looked into carbs and AS. They more carbs you consume the more water you could potientaly carry. I would rather have a slight bloat and good look than look like a blimp, lol!!!!

I will also look into getting a good flax seed oil supplement as well.

ALA I think will work. What are your thoughts???

DOA

jetset is offline Rookie Member
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 82
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

I would find a different protein source than pork chops and cut out the cheese. Also increase your cardio to 4 days a week at least.

DOA
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Increase the cardio to 4 days a week even when bulking up??? I do at least 20min 3 x per wk in the Zone.

I thought Pork chops when lean are a good source of protein b/c it is a white meat...was I missinformed on this one???

DOA

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Originally posted by jetset
      I would find a different protein source than pork chops and cut out the cheese. Also increase your cardio to 4 days a week at least.
      clarify the pork chop comment please
      R.I.P. GearedUp

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

albaccore is a type of tuna, and yes my deduction is that 7 cans a week is too much...you can always sub some of the meat with more protein shakes,it doesn't have to be the expensive Isopure but there are lean beef choices available (look for the Maverick brand), shrimp is another alternative.......i personally don't see anythink wrong with some cheese, buy cheese made with skim milk, plus it has calcium. I am assuming that you are taking a good multi vitamin...search the board for ALA you will find plenty, look for one that Basskiller posted about a month ago...continue to watch your calories...and i am not a fan of target heart rate cardio, especially not every session
      R.I.P. GearedUp

DOA
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Yeah, the target heart rate can be a pain sometimes but I got a good monitor and it helps me out quite a bit...you get used to it I guess. Either you love it or you hate it, lol!!

I think I will find a good protein source to substitue for the tuna. I am also lactose intolerant as well, so I can become sensitive to some dairy products if I get too much of them at one time or through out the day.

I take the Cetrum Performace Multivitamin everyday and 1000mg of Milk Thislte as well...especially when cycling and even when I am not.

Do you think that pork is a good source of Protein if it is lean just like and lean red meat would be???? I think pork is good as long as it is lean but I would want to know from you as well as others.

Thanks,
      DOA

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

My issue with target heart rate trainig is it's effectiviness. Chances are that you are burning minimal calories during your cardio session. Interval training - I beleve to be more effective.

I have never heard anything bad pork chops, so unless jetset can add something I don't know - go for it -- pork chops are very lean.

Use a good soy milk with your shakes, they are lactose free and can slow down the process which makes you unconfortable with lacose -- of course that depends on your sensitivity.

post a question in the supplemement forum to ask what other brands are for those that are lactose sensitive -- there has to be a cheaper brand.

you should feel free to add a few sweet potatos to your list up above
      R.I.P. GearedUp

DOA
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

My ? about the pork chops is are they a good source of protein?? I rarely see anyone say they put pork in there diet, especially lean pork to exact. I use it and I think it is ok.

What is your opinion.

DOA

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

sorry it took so long to get back. My opinion on pork is that even a what they say is a lean cut of pork is on average going to have more fat per serving than other lean cuts of other meats. learned this in cooking school. I'm not saying you can't have pork but you are eating 3 chops per day. Have 1 or 2 once a week. Stay with good fats like SE talked about. as far as the cardio if your gaining more fat on a bulking phase than you want and you only doing 3 days at 20 min. then add 1 day to keep of that extra fat. Doing too much cardio can be a bad thing but not doing enough can result in extra body fat. If you really don't want the extra cardio clean up your fat intake. The better your diet the better the results. Good Luck.

murph0110 is offline Established Member
      Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 153
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

what are all your ratios with your suggested diet....

murph

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • critique diet please
      • critique diet please