Quote Originally Posted by Yohimbe View Post
I've been thinking of giving it a try. I know several guys who swear by it, but I've never done it. I've been hearing a lot of talk about those cold plunges too. I wonder if that is a similar benefit? I'm guessing the cryo therapy is probably much more intense.
so from what i have read and what both my graston therapy lady and the dude that runs the cryo place is this. the ice bath thing is a whole different modality for recovery and it can only get so cold. the tank gets really cold and its a burst in a very short period of time. so they both work in kind of similar ways but the cryo is faster and more effective from what i gather. me personally i can not stand to get into an ice bath. the few times i had to do it for injury the trainers literally had to hold me down in the tank. i had to cross a river in bridgeport cali for cold weather training butt ass naked. which was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. i have no clue how i didnt end up with either frost bite or hypothermia. i have had to do some dumb shit in my days and now i suffer for recovery. another one i remember that just popped into my head was in iraq in the winter time. you wouldnt think that it got that cold but we set up in a hide overwatching an area where they loved to set in ieds. we were out there for about 6-7 hours motionless pretty much and when we got up to pull out, i was literally frozen to the ground. that is freaking cold, hell it snowed on us like 2in out there one night.