Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
I was shocked to see torn labrum on that report. I figured I could deal with tendon tears, but a torn labrum? shit..
I tried working out last week a couple times. Pullups. pushups. Doing further damage. I paid for it big time with stabbing pain for hours. Then today when I saw the mri report, I knew why
Damn Dzone, that sounds awful! I can only relate with having a torn labrum in my hip, and yes the pain is excruciating. With all your experience, and knowledge, I am confident you will get through this. If you have to have surgery, I would think they would have options for a payment plan? You could probably do an post surgery PT on your own. I have heard that PT helps tears but I never really believed in that. If its torn its torn, and in need of repair, that's what I think anyway. Maybe Fuzo will jump in here, but he has had both shoulders done back in 2000-2002. Twice on 1 shoulder and they removed part of the clavicle during surgery. He did really well post surgery and the doc gave him great advice on modifying his training so he could continue. You will get through this and, I agree, water is an amazing reliever and healer