Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
The nearest town here is totally left wing liberal. The have a curfew of 10pm, so you can be arrested if you are out driving around without a good excuse. leave your house after 10 pm and you go to jail.
The mayor also hired 20 new undercover mask police for $20 an hour to go into small businesses and give out tickets to Any business that is not making everyone mask up at all times. The citation for being unmasked says it could be $1,000 or a year in jail.
99.9% of the people have to have their lives destroyed to save .01%.
If youre a left wing liberal coommunist, then youre happy about this.
so can someone please elaborate to me how you can be locked up for a civil offense. none of these mandates that i am aware of have been sent through the legislature and passed as law. last time i checked when it comes to civil issues the only thing that deputies can do is serve you a summons or papers so to speak. that dont have the authority of the law to enforce the summons. so how can you lock someone up for a civil matter? it's not legal. also while we are at it they also cant do shit to you for not paying a civil fine that they are imposing. they can put it on your credit but they cant lock you up for it. people need to read deeper into the law and how it works and not take this shit. now on the business side it's a bit different. they can pull your permits and all kinds of other shit to fuck with you but legally they really dont have a leg to stand on but can play those games