Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
I dont know anything about CPAPs or if I need one. If it helps you sleep better, it might be worth trying. Do you have to have it calibrated by a doctor or can someone just buy one and strap it on and see how it goes?
you could use one without i doc but idk why you would. they do all the testing and stuff to figure out how much pressure you need to open up your air way and monitor it for you. some people need a ton some people need only a little and some need it to vary throughout the night. it does help you sleep better if you have apnea but it is something you really have to get used to before you get really good sleep with it. i would go get a sleep study done and go from there. best indicators for having issues is waking up gasping for breath, hear racing when you wake up, feeling tired and groggy during the day and snoring. their is a bunch of other questions on the forms you fill out but those are the ones that i remember off the top of my head. go get a study though if you have those issues