Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
baby1, i was just thinking. my training blocks are normally 12-20 weeks give or take. they shut down at 12 weeks if i feel beat up and run down or they go until i get to that point. what i do when i hit the end or get the feeling i need a break is: at the end we do a deload/full recovery period. we do a 4 day training split with low intensity cardio sprinkled in for an extra training day or 2. so if i am doing 5-6 days of cardio i will drop it to 4-5 and lower the time and intensity. my lifting goes down to only 4 days and it is all straight sets with nothing close to failure. i literally go in use a medium medium heavy weight and get a pump and i am done. more active recovery stuff and no intensity techniques. that way your body and your cns get a break and can recover but you dont regress and when you go back into your program you dont get beat all to pieces. this has helped me make really good progress over the last few years without getting really busted up. if you are feeling good though you can keep trucking along but when you feel it's time then you have to take that break. just an idea that popped into my head for you this am
This is great! Thanks guns! I wasn't sure what I was going to do but this approach makes sense. I am most definitely going to ntry this after the 3rd phase is done with.