Quote Originally Posted by apbt549 View Post
down south they call that pin hooking.. that is were the land owner sells blocks off to others that are allow to pick those blocks and sell what they pick.. i worked on a friends dads farm after high school. learned alot out there with that old man
i learned i freaking hated it. we didnt have all the modern machines and stuff that they do now and damn near everything was done by hand either every day or every other day. no way in hell i wanted to follow into that way of life. i did take the agg classes in high school instead of a study hall. i did a lot of other work with cows horses and pigs as well. semi enjoyed that aspect but the other stuff not so much. i also started out garage monkey work right before and for a stint after high school. that wasnt my cup of tea either so into the military i went. i have a mad deep respect for both farmers and mechanics. hard freaking work and always filthy dirty. low and behold i hated the sand and being covered in grease oil and pol and i joined the marine corps. freezing my nuts off after swimming into the beach in jan laying there covered in sand. i thought to myself, hum i hate the sand and i joined the marine corps which everywhere we work and go is sand haha. i made a career out of it though