Geez I hate when uneducated people try to control others. Pitbulls are often animal aggressive by nature but they are not human aggressive unless they are raised by irresponsible owners. Punishing the breed is denial of the bigger picture, many people should not own ANY dog. Being a responsible owner is a huge part of owning a working dog breed. I always kept a pad lock on my privacy fence and my dogs never left the yard without a harness/leash on them. When I walked one of my dogs that was animal aggressive, if someone walked my direction with another dog, I would steer clear or turn around, and often warn them from a distance my dog was animal aggressive and please not to bring their dog near mine. You would be shocked how many people would respond "my dogs not" and come towards me...wtf?? I've literally had to yell at people "do not come near my dog with your dog, my dog will kill yours!" And the ding-bats still come near....often they owned a dog much bigger than mine and I guess the thinking was their dog being bigger, that my dog wouldn't be a problem..
Not all pits are animal aggressive but some just have it in their Genes to be that way. Socializing them helps reduce this but being a responsible owner is the most important part. Pits are such wonderful pets, but their working dogs and need their exercise and attention or they will tear your house to shreds lol..jk kinda sorta