I listen to a lot of motivational videos on youtube. When I feel like a lazy pos, I put one on and lay in bed listening for about 15 minutes and then Im ready to get the fuck up and go!!! I dont always need a video but some days I do.
Probably the most important thing is having gratitude. I dont believe in religion at all anymore but I do believe in the power of appreciating every moment we have of being alive. Sometimes we forget how good we really have it. Even when we feel our shittiest, we can pull ourselves back up. I was damn near dead in 2008, in alcohol rehab, .4% BAC , lethal levels of alcohol so many times I forgot how many. I ended up in the hospital several times. Ambulance. ER. The whole nine yards. Nothing worked. Friends intervened. I went to AA. I went to church. I prayed my ass off day and night for god to help me to stop drinking. Nothing worked. Alcohol was destroying my life in almost every way you can think of.
11 Years later and alcohol has ZERO power over me. I kicked its ass once and for all and never looked back. Dont ever let anyone tell you that once an alcoholic always an alcoholic. That is a 100% lie. If anyone is battling with alcohol, dont be a sally, you can kick its ass and be free.