Brother I started keto on the 2nd of this month. The wife and I do it every year to knock off the lbs we put on over xmas. I bought a new brand of ketone salt with MCT in it. It has helped me slide into ketosis with 1/2 as much discomfort as doing it without.

Sports research keto +plus It seems to work really well. My wife is a very fast responder to keto and she can show ketones on a stick in 4 days. I take a week but with this stuff I show in 4 days like her. (granted i am taking exogenous ketones)

Getting in is the hard part. Once there you will feel way better. Most people eat too much protein. That is the big thing. Got to cut back the protein while getting in then modulate once in ketosis. You can use your ketone meter or sticks (meter far more accurate but sticks are most convenient) Start with 75% fat and as close to 25% protein you can get to start with zero carbs. use Ketone salts and MCT (The stuff i mentioned has both) and then when you are nicely in ketosis you can bump protein until you see the purple fade on your ketone sticks. then you know your threshold.

Best of luck brother.