Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
what happened for you to get checked for this man?
I can actually pinpoint it to a specific event. I picked my wife up in the kitchen a while back playing around and I felt my whole abdominal area pull. It hurt more than I figured it should and I remember thinking, "Damn it, I hope I didn't tear something." Over the next couple weeks it started aching in my lower abs and I could feel it while working out. One day at work it felt like I sat on my left ball wrong and was hurting pretty bad. I was just palpating around down there that evening and that's when I felt it. I could feel it push back against my fingers when I coughed. I pretty much knew what it was and hoped I was wrong until the doc said yep that's it.

Sucks, it'll be 4-6 weeks out of the gym then light duty as I get back into it. I know I'm gonna go stir crazy, but honestly the time off will probably do my body good. I'm stubborn as hell and don't take as much rest as I probably should, so this kinda forces me to slow down. Come back bigger and badder in the long run. I keep messing with my wife and telling her after 20 years of training my ass off, I get a hernia picking her butt up. She just reminds me who's gonna be taking care of me when I need things those first few days lol.