Quote Originally Posted by Torres View Post
Guns , there's some things " I " would do different as well , but what are your thoughts ???
with peri workout nutrition you can enhance the anabolic window and your recovery/recoverability. so what i do is:

pre about 30-45 mins before training
whey iso
x amount of grams of cream of rice or other slow digesting carbs
some form of nut butter to slow the release of those carbs

intra
casine hydroslate and or eaas
x amount of grams of highly branch chain cyclic dextrin
10g micronized creatine mono
7-8g beta alanine

post workout
lean red meat
red potatoes
no fat source.

now here is the fancy way it was explained: so think of your training as you are digging a ditch. so you go into the gym and the gym is flush and even. that means the body is full and fully recovered. now say you dig that ditch down 3-4ft. now you have to fill that ditch in with fuel and stuff before you even get back to level and begin the building process. that's where the pre and intra nutrition come in. now say even if the pre and intra only fill in 2 ft of your ditch, you still only have 1ft to fill before starting the positive gains again. even better if you get it ironed out to you specifically then you are level and you really dont need to consume anything post workout for an hour.

now i cant take credit for this stuff at all. i saw john meadows break it down on a video. then i started working with him a bit. so i can say that it has made a whole world of difference in my gains recovery and look. i am old and been doing it for a long time, so it def did make a world of difference. i have added about 3-5lbs to my stage weight each year for 3 years.