Quote Originally Posted by animal87 View Post
Oh baby. You didnt ramble lol.

I'd like to charge $30 a month for just the gym, $25 a month for just tanning, or $40 a month for both. Thats cheaper than any gym close to here and people her generally dont make much $$, so that would really appeal to them and the tanning beds alot of girls her would go just for that bc theres not many tanning beds here either.
that's exactly what i was thinking myself man. what you can also consider doing is offering up a spouse/family package deal. one of my smaller local gyms cleans house with different membership setups. it looks something like this:

basic (only open during staff hours/cheapest membership)
platinum (open 24/7 access/costs a little more)
spouse package( combo of one of the above)
family package (also a combo of above)
military/first responder package (pretty cheap and 24/7)
teachers and city/county workers (a little more but still discounted more than regular)

they also got rid of their tanning facilities due to overhead costs and no profit on keeping them running. they replaced that with more classes and child care services. the child care service is offered for free with platinum package or above packages. for the basic it is additional cost.

the biggest thing you have to work is cornering your end of the market to bring people in. it may be going cheaper or offering some service that other facilities dont have. that will drive in your member base.