• Join Us!
  • Obamacare, failed right wing experiment
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Obamacare, failed right wing experiment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
      Swiper is offline *BANNED*
      Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
      Overall activity: 27.0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Obamacare, failed right wing experiment

Quote Originally Posted by bandaidwoman View Post
      It's still not socialized medicine. Only three of which exist, Spain, Britain and the VA system in this country. The government does not tell me how I must run my practice. I can fire all medicare patients and medicaid patients. ( In fact I limit my practice to 10% medicaid).. I can refuse to take any on the exchange. I could become a boutique medicine doctor where trim my patient down to 600 regular paying patients who pay a yearly premium and get rid of medicare and medicaid and private payers altogether.
      "It Takes About One Year for [Dept. of Veterans Affairs] to Process a New Claim"

Nick Gillespie

You want a truly bipartisan outrage? Consider the abysmal and ongoing treatment of the nation's veterans by the Department of Veterans Affair (VA), which was made a cabinet-level agency in 1989.

It doesn't seem to matter much which party runs the White House or Congress. Despite an annual budget around $90 billion, the agency continues to do terrible work when it comes to taking care of the men and women who fight the government's wars. And after a decade-plus of fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, there are 2 million recent vets.

Here's a Reason TV video that explores what's wrong at VA, who gets hurt the most, and what can be done to make things better. Original release date: November 10, 2013.

Over the last 12 years, more than two million Americans have been deployed to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. But for thousands who return home with injuries, another battle is just beginning - this time, with the Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA).

Upon enlistment, service members are promised that, should a service-related injury occur, the US government will provide them with care and financial compensation. The VA is responsible for providing this care but have been unable to render these services in a timely manner. The average wait time for a veteran to receive his or her benefits is one year.

President Obama sounded the alarm during a speech in August 2010, stating that it was the country's "moral obligation" to provide veterans with timely compensation. Under VA Secretary Eric Shinseki, the Obama administration promised that all claims would be processed within 125 days and with a 98 percent accuracy rating by the year 2015.

Despite Obama's speech, the backlog continued to grow, reaching a peak of nearly 900,000 pending claims with 70 percent backlogged in March of 2013. This past August, the numbers dipped slightly: nearly 800,000 pending claims with 63 percent backlogged.

The administration points to the August numbers as a sign of improvement, but reports of processing errors reveal a poor quality of work, with mistake in 30 percent or more of the claims that they process. Unfortunately for those waiting for assistance, when a mistake is made, the veteran must appeal. Once an appeal is filed, the average waiting time for the veteran is another four years.
      www.reason.com

socialized health care. ^^^^^.

sensitivenips is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience PointsGot three Friends
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Obamacare, failed right wing experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
      "It Takes About One Year for [Dept. of Veterans Affairs] to Process a New Claim"

Nick Gillespie

You want a truly bipartisan outrage? Consider the abysmal and ongoing treatment of the nation's veterans by the Department of Veterans Affair (VA), which was made a cabinet-level agency in 1989.

It doesn't seem to matter much which party runs the White House or Congress. Despite an annual budget around $90 billion, the agency continues to do terrible work when it comes to taking care of the men and women who fight the government's wars. And after a decade-plus of fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, there are 2 million recent vets.

Here's a Reason TV video that explores what's wrong at VA, who gets hurt the most, and what can be done to make things better. Original release date: November 10, 2013.

Over the last 12 years, more than two million Americans have been deployed to fight in Iraq and Afghanistan. But for thousands who return home with injuries, another battle is just beginning - this time, with the Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA).

Upon enlistment, service members are promised that, should a service-related injury occur, the US government will provide them with care and financial compensation. The VA is responsible for providing this care but have been unable to render these services in a timely manner. The average wait time for a veteran to receive his or her benefits is one year.

President Obama sounded the alarm during a speech in August 2010, stating that it was the country's "moral obligation" to provide veterans with timely compensation. Under VA Secretary Eric Shinseki, the Obama administration promised that all claims would be processed within 125 days and with a 98 percent accuracy rating by the year 2015.

Despite Obama's speech, the backlog continued to grow, reaching a peak of nearly 900,000 pending claims with 70 percent backlogged in March of 2013. This past August, the numbers dipped slightly: nearly 800,000 pending claims with 63 percent backlogged.

The administration points to the August numbers as a sign of improvement, but reports of processing errors reveal a poor quality of work, with mistake in 30 percent or more of the claims that they process. Unfortunately for those waiting for assistance, when a mistake is made, the veteran must appeal. Once an appeal is filed, the average waiting time for the veteran is another four years.
      Reason.com

socialized health care. ^^^^^.
      i completely understand where your frustration lies in this. nothing with the government works out smoothly, nothing. its absolutely sickening when you have men and women who put their lives on the line for our country and here we are sending millions over to the people we are fighting yet we put our own on a waiting list.

what happened to taking care of our own.

i have begun to hate our government.