• Join Us!
  • Young Gotti's Journal
  • Young Gotti's Journal
  • Young Gotti's Journal
  • Young Gotti's Journal
  • Young Gotti's Journal
  • Young Gotti's Journal
  • Join Us!
  • You have 1 new Private Message Attention Guest, if you are not a member of Fitness Geared - Body Building & Fitness Community, you have 1 new private message waiting, to view it you must fill out this form.
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Drunk
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Godly
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 8 of 53 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Gotti's Journal

Young Gotti is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 135
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      First 1000 Experience Points
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Default Re: Young Gotti's Journal

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal

• Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      Monday

Incline bench 6 sets
      Standing trap bar shoulder press 6 sets
      Close grip bench 6 sets

Decline hammer strength superset with seated side lateral raise superset with rope extensions 3 sets

Tried the new method of picking one exercise instead of two and just doing 6 sets. Really allowed me to play with the weight more than 3 sets does. But towards the end of the close grip press I was spent. I figure more direct impact to certain muscle fibers as well rather than switching up the movements and not hitting the same fibers as hard. We'll see how I like it.

The best part of the workout is that my elliptical seems to be fixed so I can do my HIIT cardio on that with no impact again rather than running and shaking the treadmill with high impact from sprinting.

Weight seems to be holding steady from last week but I feel like I look a tad leaner. Had some nice detail in my shoulders yesterday, it was super warm so I wore a cut off shirt and really got to see my arms in the mirror as I trained. Suns out guns out.

save 10% off your order, use code: cheaper

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Tuesday

Squats 6 sets
      Lat pulldown 6 sets
      Seated DB curl 6 sets

Leg press superset with t bar row 3 sets
      Straight bar pulldown superset with standing calve raise 2 sets

Workout started out pretty bad, one guy started talking to me before I even started and wouldn't stop. A few of the sets I just did while he was talking but it totally ruined my concentration. Also look longer to complete the 6 sets than usual. I work pretty quickly in the gym. So I feel like the rest of the workout I was rushing to fit in sets. Finally after squatting I got away from the guy and the workout seemed to improve. The lat pulldowns were really tough by sets 5 and 6. I also did leg press and stayed on the higher rep range in order to make up for the subpar squatting session.

It's starting to get hot out finally, meaning the gym is a roast house so hopefully this aids in some weight loss as we go. Other than that not much to report.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Wednesday

5 minutes cardio 3 sprints
      60 crunches
      5 minutes cardio 3 sprints
      60 crunches
      5 minutes cardio 2 sprints
      60 crunches
      5 minutes cardio
      60 crunches
      5 minutes cardio
      60 crunches

It's been crazy at work, I'm in training but without a computer, not sure how that works but whatever. Cardio session was amazing, back on the elliptical and I feel like I got that pumped feeling from the HIIT training again, it was intense. My legs felt like I just did a leg workout by the end. It's also super hot which made it kind of rough.

Thursday

Flat bench superset with bent over db fly 3 sets
      Underhand flat bench superset with seated side lateral raise 3sets
      Cable flies superset with standing shoulder press 3 sets
      Underhand extension 3 sets
      Reverse underhand extension superset with cable side laterals 3 sets

Dips 3sets
      Dip machine 1 set burn out

I felt embarrassed at the beginning of the workout. My bench numbers were terrible. Not sure the reason but I wasn't moving good weight. I was frustrated with myself but just kept it moving. Underhand bench I redeemed myself and did a PR on the flies, don't really even pay attention to that stuff on flies and usually use it more so as a finishing move but since I did so crappy with bench I decided to really push myself with them and it worked out. By the end of the workout, it wasn't to shabby.

Saturday

Leg extension superset with seated leg curl superset with straight bar pull down 3 sets
      Hack squat superset with lat pull down 3 sets
      Bulgarian Split squat superset with close grip pull down 3 sets
      Seated Hammer curl 3 sets
      EZ curl bar preacher curl superset with seated calve raise 3 sets
      Cable curls 3 sets

Not the best workout. I woke up and felt good, couldn't wait to get to the gym as I had other stuff to do but once I got to the gym I felt worn out. My body parts were burning after just 3 or 4 reps when it was a weight where I usually can get 10 reps. After each set I just felt super drained. Maybe it was the heat or the long week of work. Part of me thinks I might need to extra rest from the gym. The gym is closed Monday and I usually take Sunday off so I might take these next 2 days to recover. Even now it's so nice outside I feel like I should be out there but I just feel drained. After the gym I also put in my ac which is ancient and weighs a ton. My abs are also on fire for whatever reason, I went to put a shirt on and just putting my hands over my head and stretching the abs a bit really made me feel it.

The lack of performance in the gym but be from last night. All week at work I was learning a new position which is mentally exhausting but my girlfriend who was supposed to stain her deck yesterday was having trouble so I went straight over at work and worked on her deck. It was super hot and humid but I used a roller on a lot of it and my shoulders were burning afterwards. I then put her two ac's in which I had to carry up 2 flights of steps. It wasn't difficult but the heat really took it out of me.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Saturday

Leg extension superset with seated leg curl superset with straight bar pull down 3 sets
      Hack squat superset with lat pull down 3 sets
      Bulgarian Split squat superset with close grip pull down 3 sets
      Seated Hammer curl 3 sets
      EZ curl bar preacher curl superset with seated calve raise 3 sets
      Cable curls 3 sets

Not the best workout. I woke up and felt good, couldn't wait to get to the gym as I had other stuff to do but once I got to the gym I felt worn out. My body parts were burning after just 3 or 4 reps when it was a weight where I usually can get 10 reps. After each set I just felt super drained. Maybe it was the heat or the long week of work. Part of me thinks I might need to extra rest from the gym. The gym is closed Monday and I usually take Sunday off so I might take these next 2 days to recover. Even now it's so nice outside I feel like I should be out there but I just feel drained. After the gym I also put in my ac which is ancient and weighs a ton. My abs are also on fire for whatever reason, I went to put a shirt on and just putting my hands over my head and stretching the abs a bit really made me feel it.

The lack of performance in the gym but be from last night. All week at work I was learning a new position which is mentally exhausting but my girlfriend who was supposed to stain her deck yesterday was having trouble so I went straight over at work and worked on her deck. It was super hot and humid but I used a roller on a lot of it and my shoulders were burning afterwards. I then put her two ac's in which I had to carry up 2 flights of steps. It wasn't difficult but the heat really took it out of me.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Tuesday

Flat bench 6 sets
      Shoulder press 6 sets
      Skull crusher 6 sets

Decline hammer strength superset with seated side laterals superset with rope extension 3 sets

I was super drained after work. I got to the gym and felt like I could fall asleep, I really could of used some Pump Juice extreme. I still had a fairly good workout. The bench felt light and the bar was moving pretty well at lighter weights, as I get heavy the overall load felt light but felt pretty heavy during the movement. Shoulder press I think I set a PR and if I didn't, I was damn close. By the end of the workout I felt wiped though which is fine. It might of been the grass fed burgers I had Monday but I looked really full while at the gym yesterday, if I can keep this fullness and get a touch leaner I'll be pretty thrilled.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Wednesday

cut 3 yards as cardio

My brother moved away and we used to alternate cutting my grandmother and aunts grass. So now I have to do it, I'm using my cardio day to do both as they are on big hills and pretty big yards. Of course it's not a HIIT workout but I figured if I could burn some fat and get a tan while doing it. I then made a deal with a co worker last year that I would cut his grass twice for an xbox 360, I only did it once last year so I did it last night again. His yard it small but it's almost a vertical hill which makes it difficult and he never cuts it so it's usually huge grass with rocks and bricks thrown in the mix.

By the end I was pretty wiped out, got a nice sweat and a small pump in legs from going up and down the hills.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Thursday

Squat 6 sets
      Lat pulldown 6 sets
      Seated DB curl 6 sets

High rope row superset with stiff legged DB deadlift 3 sets
      Standing calve raise superset with chest pad t bar row superset with preacher curl machine 2 sets

Had a nasty tight neck/headache yesterday. All day it was wrapping around my neck and over my left eye. I still have it this morning but it's not as bad. I was also exhausted going to the gym. I feel like I've been burning the candle at both ends even though I'm still in bed to get 8 hours. The workout was pretty good, I stayed higher reps for the first 3 or 4 sets and then went really heavy for the last two. Last time I squatted I didn't like the depth I got on the heavier sets so I reduced the weight and really concentrated on getting really low with a slight pause at the bottom. I got a really good pump yesterday too, I'm not on any pump products at the moment but it was pretty impressive.

I finally got more Phytofuze for my stash and I'm adding it back into the mix. I figure I'm on lower calories, feel worn out that maybe it'll help me feel a bit better and of course get some extra nutrients. So my night time mixture is 1 scoop of Premium Powders BCAA, 1 Scoop of agmatine, a scoop of fiber, and 1 scoop of Phytofuze. It's delicious and a nice little sweetness before bed.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

The weekend, went to Pittsburgh for my cousins graduation. So needless to say I didn't get to the gym but played a bunch of Frisbee and walked around the city a bit. Didn't eat as much or as "clean" as I should have, it was nice to see family though, most of who I haven't seen in years.

back to the gym today

MOUNTAIN-MAN is offline Platinum
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 5.0%
      is Over the peek

I am:
      Amused

Level

Your all heart and dedication brother very inspiring

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Monday

Squat 7 sets
      Seated DB curl 6 sets
      Lat pull down 6 sets

Leg press superset with hammer strength low row superset with preacher curl machine 3 sets
      Straight bar pulldown 2 sets

My legs still felt off from last Thursday. Sort of felt like jello in the morning and then when I was walking up steps towards the end of the day my hamstrings were on fire and sore. Didn't know how squatting would work out. So I started my sets and noticed I wasn't getting as deep as I should of, I think I was getting to a weak point in my legs and stopping so I decided to take a step back and make sure I went all the way down and even paused at the bottom, which forced some of my reps to be lost but it was nice to get super low and pause. Because of the lower reps on the squats I kept my reps on the leg press on the higher side. It was like 90 and humid out but the gym owner didn't have the AC on in the gym so it was like a sauna, just sweat everywhere and breathing heavy after everything.

I need to weigh myself, hopefully I can remember tonight because it's been awhile and I believe I look leaner but I'd like to see if the scale has moved at all.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Tuesday

Flat bench 6 sets
      Standing shoulder press (diamond bar) 6 sets
      Skull crushers 6 sets

Low cable fly superset with rope extension superset with side lateral raise 3 sets

Pretty good workout, strength felt where it should be, almost killed myself on the last set of bench, should of had a spotter but went at it alone but survived. Almost killed myself on the shoulder press. I do it in a rack, I put two bars across to hold the bar. Well in the middle of a set the one bar fell out of the rack, so I had to hold the bar while someone put it back into the rack which not only took forever but I was exhausted just from holding the weight for so long. All in all it was a good workout.

Weight last night, down .8lbs....I was disappointed in the results as I feel like I've been trying to be more active and look a touch leaner. Might have to ramp up cardio a bit or play with my macros to get things fired up.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Wednesday

5 minutes HIIT cardio
      60 crunches
      5 minutes HIIT cardio
      60 crunches
      5 minutes HIIT cardio
      60 crunches
      5 minutes cardio
      60 crunches
      5 minutes cardio
      60 crunches

Thought I might have to cut grass again yesterday but I got lucky. It was cold and raining throughout the day so it was too damp to cut. I was happy to get back into my regular routine. What a difference it makes when it's not 90 degrees outside. I was sweating but not like I have been the last few weeks because of the heat. Felt like I breezed through the cardio. Abs are a bit sore this morning, twisted at my desk to turn a fan on and it was a struggle haha.

Still going to the gym on Saturday morning but afterwards I have a scheduled spa day with my girl. Hot tub and massage, can't wait and really trying to beat up my body before then.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Saturday

Incline press superset with rear delt fly 3 sets
      Flat bench superset with seated side lateral 3 sets
      Fly machine superset with cable side lateral 3 sets
      Dips 3 set
      Behind the head rope extension 3 sets
      Underhand extension 3 sets

Landmine shoulder press 3 sets
      Landmind shoulder press into landmine chest press superset with underhand extension 3 sets

So the workout went well. Worked out at my g/f's gym which is a lot better than mine. It's a YMCA and I guess the new ceo has a powerlifting background so he's been improving a lot of the equipment, all the barbells were upgraded, I can't think of the brand now but good barbells. They put in a deadlifting platform, got rubber plates, farmers walk bars, and all sorts of other things. Anyway they also had a pivot for the landmine lifts so I took advantage of it. At my gym we basically wedge the barbell into the corner of the wall. Also took advantage of some machines we don't have at my gym like the ab coaster. I love the thing, not sure if it's good or not but I feel it in my abs and try to use it whenever I'm there.

After the gym we went for a hot tub soak and massage. It was supposed to be a Swedish massage but I told her she can go as deep as she wanted and did she ever. A few times I was in a lot of pain. She worked my bad trap pretty good and spent a decent amount of time on my quads. Figured my hamstrings might need some work but she didn't spend much time on them.

After the massage we got some food and decided we weren't doing anything for the rest of the day so we watched tv and rehydrated. My girl actually passed out and I sat there drinking my water and relaxing. In retrospect I probably should of upp'd my calories a bit to help aid more in recovery. Yesterday I tried to finish off the recovery weekend with an Epsom salt bath and hopefully can hit the gym hard starting today.

I also start Androcrine today. I used the beta version in this log for BPS several months back and they are allowing me try the finalized version.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

Monday

Incline Bench 6 sets
      Standing shoulder press using diamond bar 6 sets
      Close grip press 6 sets

Hammer strength superset with underhand extension superset with seated side lateral raise 3 sets

Felt fresh in the gym. Maybe it was the massage I got over the weekend really relaxed things a bit for me or the fact that I'm instructing a training class at work and we didn't really do anything during the day so I had more energy. At work I wasn't excited to go to the gym and thought I didn't have extra high energy but the weight was moving. I tied a PR on incline press and the bar moved super smooth, I feel like I could of got another rep or added 5lbs to the bar but my spotter was in a rush to go. I also think I tied or set a PR in the shoulder press. All in all the workout felt like it was pretty quickly even though I looked up when I was doing close grip and realized it had taken me just as long.

Achievements:
      is Mrsupps

I am:
      ----

Level

• Get the Fitness Geared
        Forum App Now!
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal

• Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      • Young Gotti's Journal
      Tuesday

Seated DB curl 6 sets
      Squat 7 sets
      Lat pulldown 6 sets

Leg press superset with straight bar pulldown superset with barbell curl 3 sets
      Cable ez bar curl 2 sets

Started the workout a bit different than I usually do. I like starting with the bigger movements first and working my way down but I've been wanting to see if by the time I get to biceps I'm worn out and not getting the best out of them that I could. Plus I figured the bicep curl won't make me super exhausted and should still be able to squat the same. So I tried it and get a few extra reps on the curls which I was thrilled about. I didn't notice any big difference in squatting other than it took me a bit longer to feel loose. Could be the massage over the weekend, she spent a decent amount on my quads and maybe they just needed to get warm. The last set of squats was almost like a drop set, I didn't have anyone around to pull the plates as I finished but once I got the plates off myself went back under and finished with a set where I didn't come all the way out to lock my knees, I kept a bend in them at all times which seemed to burn pretty good. Lat pulldown I used a bar with the handles on the end where your palms are facing each other just as a change from the straight bar or the normal lat pulldown bar. And as you see I did alittle extra biceps. As I get closer to vacation I may start doing more vanity exercises for my arms, I'm not competing and my legs are pretty good anyway, might as well try and get the most out of the "visable" muscles for now.